All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton?

Go down 
+3
DICE464
DieselDude666
W1ldyOvvnZ
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

18hp - SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton?   18hp - SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2012, 6:10 am

boxerbs wrote:
W1ldyOvvnZ wrote:
I tried joining that group just now and im having problems, it keep saying "There was a problem with your request" ill try later. Originally I didnt know if I should of joined that group or the small engine one so I had only the small engine one...now I wish I joined both.

I'm waiting on joining the carbureted group now also, but Dick is moving slow! I wish he'd give the groups over if he has lost interest. He takes a long time to approve my messages to the small engine group also, but he must still be around because someone eventually does... I may go to the Gator website and email him and ask in a while if he lets my application expire.
Garry

Bad news... The posts I sent got bounced back by yahoo because they were not approved within the 14 day limit. In other words, there is no one watching over the group. It is essentially dead it appears. So it goes... Rolling Eyes
Garry
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton?   18hp - SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2012, 11:49 am

ok, that sucks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/

PostSubject: Re: SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton?   18hp - SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2012, 4:59 pm

W1ldyOvvnZ wrote:
ok, that sucks.

Okay, in one of my other groups I found this. It should be all you need to build one, I think...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/A084Experimenters/files/Leaf%20Blower%20Supercharger/
It's the final design from the end of the book of experiments.
Garry
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton?   18hp - SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2012, 1:40 pm

Thanks, so he uses a leaf blower for the supercharger(just looking at what the link says, I haven't been accepted from the group yet)? seems like it would work and hopefully I can use some of the junk ones I have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton?   18hp - SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2012, 8:45 am

W1ldyOvvnZ wrote:
Thanks, so he uses a leaf blower for the supercharger(just looking at what the link says, I haven't been accepted from the group yet)? seems like it would work and hopefully I can use some of the junk ones I have.

Yes, Dick Datson is a former Studebaker/Paxton supercharger guy, and he wanted a design that could be home-made with common tools to put on the modern smaller engines. He needed the right impellor, and when Toro came out with their magnesium leaf-blower impellor he found what he wanted. He only wanted single-diget boost pressures as most stock engines can handle that as is. I have yet to find any video of a Gator superchatger in use though. If you find one sometime let me know Datson is very old now, and I suspect he is sick or has passed, I don't know. He never was real prompt, but the groups seem dead.
Garry
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton?   18hp - SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2012, 9:27 pm

Ok, I am reading everything about it right now. If I find a video or something about the supercharger I will let you know.
Back to top Go down
bigboytoys98x
bigboytoys98x

PostSubject: I am doin a build   18hp - SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2012, 1:48 am

I am doing this build on my channel:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton?   18hp - SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2012, 7:59 am

bigboytoys98x wrote:
I am doing this build on my channel:

Cool! Surprised I will be checking your site out! Thanks!
Garry
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton?   18hp - SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2013, 1:45 am

I saw this from junkstars videos, I will keep upto date with it.
Back to top Go down
Marines2621
Marines2621

PostSubject: Re: SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton?   18hp - SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2013, 2:12 pm

Im trying the same thing as junkstarbuilds and bigboytoys98x. Held up right now cause of eye. tack wielded without a helmet. lol. Got another update on it check out my youtube page. Marines2621
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton?   18hp - SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SuperCharger for a 16HP/18HP Briggs and Stratton?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2