All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Im having trouble jumping the starter.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Josh Blair

starter - Im having trouble jumping the starter. Empty
PostSubject: Im having trouble jumping the starter.   starter - Im having trouble jumping the starter. Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2012, 3:49 pm

I got it to start this morning by jumping it right at the starter, and was trying to mow my lawn. the tire was low and i went to air it up. while i was putting the chuck on the air hose, it died and wouldn`t start back. it is a murray widebody lt identical to fearlessfront`s murray.
Back to top Go down
AcreFarm
AcreFarm

PostSubject: Re: Im having trouble jumping the starter.   starter - Im having trouble jumping the starter. Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2012, 8:22 pm

That's pretty vague... Did you check anything after it wouldn't start? If so, was it getting spark? Or fuel?
Back to top Go down
Bigal
Bigal

PostSubject: Re: Im having trouble jumping the starter.   starter - Im having trouble jumping the starter. Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2012, 8:59 pm

what about the selnoid
Back to top Go down
Josh Blair

PostSubject: Re: Im having trouble jumping the starter.   starter - Im having trouble jumping the starter. Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2012, 11:53 pm

AcreFarm wrote:
That's pretty vague... Did you check anything after it wouldn't start? If so, was it getting spark? Or fuel?

yeah sorry. its getting fuel but i haven`t tried a spark test yet
Back to top Go down
AcreFarm
AcreFarm

PostSubject: Re: Im having trouble jumping the starter.   starter - Im having trouble jumping the starter. Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2012, 4:24 pm

Yep, if you're getting fuel to the plug the next step is spark. Could be a safety switch or the ignition has gone bad, etc. If you don't have spark, remove the kill wire from the coil & try again. That way you will know where to start looking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Im having trouble jumping the starter.   starter - Im having trouble jumping the starter. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Im having trouble jumping the starter.
Page 1 of 1