All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Lawn tractor with built in stick/arc welder.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

Lawn tractor with built in stick/arc welder. Empty
PostSubject: Lawn tractor with built in stick/arc welder.   Lawn tractor with built in stick/arc welder. Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2012, 2:41 am

I've been thinking of making a stick welder on my tractor. If anyone has searched on youtube about "Homemade welders" or "Alternator Welders" you might have seen this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQQJej8PbKs

I've been thinking for a while about building one for my on-road vehicle and had thought how useful it would be for an off-road vehicle and then thought it would be amazing on a lawn tractor! Just hold some electrodes in a container and put some quick connects and a 6ft cables on it and be able to do some welding on the trail, I know when my tractors axle broke I wish I had a welder just to be able to drive it back to the house.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
Hillbilly Homer
Hillbilly Homer

Lawn tractor with built in stick/arc welder. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lawn tractor with built in stick/arc welder.   Lawn tractor with built in stick/arc welder. Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2012, 3:29 am

Nice build. It is actually a ac welder if he removed diode.
Back to top Go down

Lawn tractor with built in stick/arc welder.
Page 1 of 1