All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

How many tractors do you own?

Go down 
+51
thiery_tractor_ranch
Double W Cross Ranch
mrshaft696
MightyRaze
RichieRichOverdrive
Murraymountain
willis923
Murray modder
k2500life
toxicskull326
matt-man
motorizedeverything
meigs man
Kody6
RCG
Sears 14/6 romper
the beast
mudmonkey06
D.U.B.S.
bearded man
Kel
dked41
Tractor Man Jeff
joshualee3d
dylansrockinrigs
W1ldyOvvnZ
Thunderdivine
xxXMowerdudeXxx
tractorboy567
Stretch44875
Marines2621
ibdalovely1
Chopperhed
truckin42
CornishMorgan
gearheadmike
Bandit1
pullingtractorbuilder
Growl60
CraftsMAN
Jamus
DICE464
Dynamarkpickup
Corey123
motorhead45102
Mississippi1313
Chunk
arild365
Webmaster
dangeroustoys56
Yamaharules163
55 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Yamaharules163
Yamaharules163

How many tractors do you own? Empty
PostSubject: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2010, 9:21 am

Just wondering, Its always interesting knowing how many someone has. Unfourtinetly in Winnipeg its hard to get your hands on something cheap unless its from an older couple. Or you have to meet the right person, So these are my tractors

1971 Sears Suburban 12 with hydraulic front end loader (12 hp tecumseh)
1974 Sears SS16 with broken snowblower (16 hp beastly onan)
1975 Eaton Viking D6000. Right now 5hp briggs, Hope to get a horz shaft (8hp??) with a go kart clutch
1979 Craftsman with a 7hp tecumseh (unknowen model and year)
1986 John Deere OHV130 9 hp kawasaki plow blade and mower deck
1989 Craftsman II ATLT 12.5hp briggs, walbro racing carb, 11 hp head, locked tranny
1995 Ariens Commercial 16.5 hp tecumseh mowing tractor
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2010, 10:07 am

too many- LOL!

Murrays:
99 widebody (13.5)
99 hydro (17HP twin)
90 (12HP)
94 mod ( ex at the moment)
94 -no engine
03 (16.5HP)
agway (10HP)

Dynamarks:
84 (11HP)
84 (11HP)
88 Kleen kut (14.5- ex 18HP)

Various:
69 wheelhorse ( to be modded)
69 simplicity (10HP)
70 toro (5HP)

Craftsman:
99 weedeater (12HP)
86 GTII (18HP twin)
90 GT6000 (20HP onan)
85 LT12 (12HP)
85 LT11 (11HP)
85 LT11 ( chassis)

MTD:
03 bolens ( chassis to go to mod wheelhorse)
85 mastercut (12HP)
85 mastercut ( chassis)
wizzard ( to be modded)
90 task force (12HP)
97 mastercut (14.5HP)
95 lowes team racing (18.5HP twin)
92 White LT12 (12.5HP)
91 yardman ( mild mod- 14.5HP)
96 yardman chassis

-29 of em - parking is at a premium in the sheds/yard- had to take a couple apart for more room.
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2010, 10:38 am

GOOD LORD! Shocked

Did you remember all of those, or do you have this all written down somewhere? Thats alot of machines! You should line them up and start them all, at least the ones that run. That would be a funny video.

I have:

1998 Murray 12.5 hp mud masher

1990 Lawn Chief 11hp. this one is on lawn duty

1987 Craftsman 11 hp. The soon to be rock buggy

1988 Craftsman 11 hp. Donno what I'm doing with this one

199? Craftsman 10 hp, I think this one is destined for 40+ mph
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2010, 11:06 am

haha i only have my 2 craftsmans LT4000 both different years and a very old viking lawn tractor witch hasnt been modded yet but there are still more to come. I dont really know much about the Viking but someone told me Eaton makes it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2010, 12:02 pm

It's safe to say that dangeroustoys has us all beat!

Im not sure on the years of mine without checking, but here goes:

4 Westwood (various deck sizes, on1 10hp, one 11, one 12 and one had a 16 twin, all Briggs of course)
1 Simplicity 12/42 (i think) (Briggs)
1 Noma built Al-Ko oringally a 12hp flathead briggs, now a 16 twin.
1 MTD 18/40 something. (with a 16hp opposed twin)
1 Stiga Park Articulated mower (11hp Briggs)
1 AYP built Rally (12/36)

Just sold another AYP 'Johnsered' with snow plow and some shitty Teccy the last owner bodged on
And a Murray 8/30 with a lovely running Briggs.

So that makes my total 9 affraid wow

Most of them are going to be sold (apart from the MTD, Noma (my old mudding tractor) and either the Stiga or Rally, probably gonna keep the Stiga though, that thing is fun as hell to drive)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids

PostSubject: Re: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2010, 6:40 pm

wow, i only have my 1980 MTD lawnlite witch is 10 hp and gonna be my mudding buggy.
and my 1982 Ariens witch is currently at my camp, its an 8hp but not sure what i want to do with that one yet.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2010, 6:54 pm

Fearlessfront: Yeah i wrote them all down- i got the year of the tractor off the engine ( almost all are briggs)- heck almost went to get a $25 parts craftsman today- but had to haul a load of junk ( from my kitchen remodel) to the dump.

The count will actually go down a few when i build the wheelhorse mod- im actually sorta thinking of putting the 96 back together again as a beater tractor sometime- i still want to repower the 94 mod murray and get the other 94 one going as well- right now time is pretty tight and its still pretty darn cold out still here ( payback for all my vids from november i guess- LOL) and i still need to run up north to get my last 3.....
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 8:18 am

dangeroustoys56: Is the 69 wheelhorse the one in your avatar pic? I like that one. I want one just like it, or at least something pre-70's. Its cold here too, you really gotta pick you days. its been between 25-35 degrees all week though. Not too bad.

CoffieAddict98: You gotta start somewhere! Until a month ago, I only had my murray and the lawn chief. Besides, Ariens are very nice and have a very rigid chassis, at least all the ones i've seen were.
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com

PostSubject: Re: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 11:10 am

Yeah, the only thing im not to happy about with the ariens is that it is a rear engine so its pretty hard to turn when your somwhat going fast. i might have a vid of it some where, if i find it i will put it up.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 1:58 pm

Fearlessfront: yepper- that pic was taken shortly after i drug it home - now its a pile of parts at the moment- got it free from a guy i used to work with, the 10HP teccy doesnt have spark ( still have it actually) and found out later the trans was missing the input shaft berings ( id like to use that for a 4x4 project)- im gonna leave the sheetmetal as is for the 'rat rod' look.

CoffeeAddict98: it takes a while to get a few tractors- back north i had alot of coworkers wanted to get rid of 2-4 tractors ( on average)- to get my 29 its taken since '06 actually ( -3 i brot with me) - usually id get 2 at a time, sometimes itd be just one- last year i got 4 at once - depends what i want to pay and bring home ( i usually get all the ones offered- get a better deal that way).

Im not a big fan of RER tractors - i had 2 rer murrays and a rer snapper- i sold the one murray, junked the other and junked the snapper ( rust bucket- but free) - i suppose if i kept all the tractors i bot down here id have almost 40 ( i took a few apart n junked/parts em).

I also ran across a screeming deal when i first moved here- a guy a few miles away had a pickup truck load of lawntractor parts and other assorted stuff for $100- included was a brand new 13HP briggs motor ( runs beautiful) - just have to keep an eye and scan craigslist , local paper and weekly flyers- deals will come around....
Back to top Go down
Mississippi1313
Mississippi1313

PostSubject: Re: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2010, 5:53 pm

I have 3

2004 Craftsman LT1000 22x12-8 Kenda Bearclaws,16x6.50-8 turf savers (going to get new ones soon) and a 18H.P Vanguard V-Twin
A mid 90's Craftsman lt1000 with the 17 hp briggs off the camoflauge craftsman. (waiting on a base gasket to come in so i can get it running)
And a 1984 Murray-Blown 12HP briggs,un-rebuildable
Back to top Go down
Yamaharules163
Yamaharules163

PostSubject: Re: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2010, 10:35 pm

arild365 wrote:
haha i only have my 2 craftsmans LT4000 both different years and a very old viking lawn tractor witch hasnt been modded yet but there are still more to come. I dont really know much about the Viking but someone told me Eaton makes it.
Yup eaton made vikings
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: i have 5 tractors!!!   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2010, 6:32 pm

Craftsman 11 hp like fearlessfront
(NEW) Craftsman 16hp ohv (i will make a video soon)
Wheel Horse 5hp RER
John Deere 100 8hp
Dynamark 836 8hp
and maybe getting more lol!
Back to top Go down
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2010, 8:59 pm

well i only own one my craftsman 11hp BRIGGS with 6 speed peerless tranny
but i do have
3 push mowers all briggs
3.5hp briggs completely rebuilt and has high compression so idk what the hp is if it changed any
6.0hp briggs completely stock but runs really great and smooth and quiet (its my silent mower)
and my i don't see anywhere 7.0hp ohv, she runs strong but isn't quiet like the 6 hp i guess cause it revs by govner a little higher.
and
3 weedeaters
2 are free weedeater brands which actually run great, and my ryobi 1hp

i know most of that wasn't a tractor but thats all i have
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2010, 8:09 am

It takes time if you want to have a 'few' lawntractors - waaay back i used to only have 1, just to mow- never even crossed my mind going mudding/trail riding with it- then years later a freind of mine sold me a lil 70 toro - and that kick started my 'collecting' - before i moved south i had 12 lawntractors, down here i started with the 3 i brot with me- then today (including the ones still back north) im up to 29 and all but 8 run n mow( the 8 have no motors yet).

That took a while - searching craigslist, local flyers, asking coworkers n freinds , family, and driving around the neighborhood to get that many. Y have to be paitent to find tractors for the right price, search out the junker/non runners - those most people just want out of thier yard - cheep or free. Before i bot the one ( and got the freebie with it)from the flyer - it was well over a year since my last 4 ( found down the street) - so, just be paitent and keep scanning - dont hold off calling the person either, call em as soon as possible and go n get it as soon as possible ( that day within a few hours- including drive time) - otherwise it could be gone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: how many tractors do i own   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2010, 9:44 am

I have 8 that run and 2 junkers!
I actually think i have to many and not enough time to work on them all. Neutral
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2010, 11:20 am

Roboman79 : Yeah thats my issue- too many and have no time to work on ones that need to be fixed..... I plan on building my other two mods sometime- i might need to postone those a lil while n get some other stuff finished- ill have the mild mod MTD- least its something to run around.
Back to top Go down
Corey123
Corey123

PostSubject: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2010, 8:16 pm

I own 3 tractors. I have a 1973 cub cadet 129, a 1966 cub cadet 71, and a 1997 mtd/yard machines monster tractor.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/coreystouffer

PostSubject: Re: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2010, 2:04 am

5 here.
Poloron Stallion
Some Craftsmen with a 18.5 Kohler
Snapper 2811X5S

I can't remember the models of the other ones but one is a 70's Sears/JC Pennys and the other is a rear engine jobber.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2010, 5:44 pm

jeez you guys have alot... i have 2 at the moment but have had 4 total in my life.

1977 murray rear engine 4 speed, 7hp briggs (going to make a off roader in future)

1989 Craftsman 12hp ohv, 4 speed peerless (making a off roader right now)
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2010, 5:59 pm

alot of mine came from coworkers , freinds n reletives - others came from craigslist , local flyer and freecycle. I go after the ones noone wants- the junkers/non runners - can either rebuild or use it for parts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2010, 6:19 pm

yea ive been lookin for more
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2010, 8:17 pm

When i call to inquire about one for sale- i go get it immediately - i dont wait, some sellers get annoyed and just leave it posted or sell it out from under you.

If its the right price, i dont haggle - i really dont worry about the condition either of it since i can use it for just about anything.

The last tractor i bot for $25 - was cheep enough- the guy had just rebuilt the deck with new blades, the motor on it ran ( but needs a crank seal) as well- so was worth it. As a bonus he offered me a spare junk motor and a craftsman chassis ( just missing the rear fenders) for free- so was worth not haggling.

Some ive found for sale on the roadside - last year i saw 4 tractors in this guys yard - watched em for a while and called the number- bot all 4 ( haggled on the price- knocked $100 off) - which he was happy selling all them at once .

That was worth it for the 3 motors that ran - one was a 18HP opposed twin briggs horizontal shaft motor- the 4th ( isnt running yet) is a 20 Hp onan opposed twin- worth it just for those 2 motors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2010, 8:23 pm

nice, yeah but i kinda live in the middle of nowhere and dont have my license yet (im only 15) so its kinda hard to go and get em right away
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2010, 6:49 am

My driving test is at the end of this month, so it should make things alot easier, although I wont be able to get a tractor in my car Crying or Very sad

But it'll be ideal for collecting freebies from my local gumtree. Alot of the stuff that goes for free on there I could sell easily enough!

I have huge problems getting tractors anyway, very little comes up for sale here, and people dont want to part with their machines if you go up to their door and ask, unless its for alot of money!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many tractors do you own?   How many tractors do you own? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many tractors do you own?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next