All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Cub Cadet 72

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ironart

cadet - Cub Cadet 72 Empty
PostSubject: Cub Cadet 72   cadet - Cub Cadet 72 Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2012, 9:18 pm

I have a Cub cadet #72 which I am installing a Tecumseh 10hp engine in. It is the old, late 60s model. Can this be usable to run the woods...or is the design too "stiff" and unyielding ?
Beside being rather unchangeable in it's gear speed..should I get something different for woods riding ?
It looks like this one http://www.tractordata.com/lawn-tractors/000/2/3/231-cub-cadet-72-photos.html
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Cub Cadet 72   cadet - Cub Cadet 72 Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2012, 11:21 pm

That should work great. If anything, it will be better because of the almost indestructible nature of them ole cubs. Just swap the pulleys and tweak a few other and you should be good to go.
Back to top Go down
ironart

PostSubject: Re: Cub Cadet 72   cadet - Cub Cadet 72 Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2012, 1:19 pm

Thanks, Tractor Man;
I'm glad to hear the cadet should work in the woods. Of course, there is no 'pulley swap' available ..because the Cadets are direct, shaft drive, theonly pulleys are on attachments.
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Cub Cadet 72   cadet - Cub Cadet 72 Icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2012, 1:49 pm

No prob man. Huh? Even more robust. My guess is you'll have to put bigger wheels on there to get it to go faster. I don't know much about them ole cubs. All I know is they're tough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cub Cadet 72   cadet - Cub Cadet 72 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cub Cadet 72
Page 1 of 1