All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Anyone ever have to make Custom Monster Truck Parts?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

parts - Anyone ever have to make Custom Monster Truck Parts? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone ever have to make Custom Monster Truck Parts?   parts - Anyone ever have to make Custom Monster Truck Parts? Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2012, 11:14 pm

I was at work today and a guy came in and had us make 2 custom brake rotors for a Monster Truck(One of the ones you would see in Monster Jam), I found it odd that he got us to make it instead of sourcing it out(im expecting it would be cheaper). Has anyone ever had to make custom parts for stuff like that before?
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever have to make Custom Monster Truck Parts?   parts - Anyone ever have to make Custom Monster Truck Parts? Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2012, 12:31 am

Never anything like a rotor. I would be more likely to make brackets or parts so that I could use a store bought rotor, like swapping to disc brakes on a rear axle for example. Though if I had a mill and lathe, I'd probably churn out some cool one-off stuff just because I could, haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever have to make Custom Monster Truck Parts?   parts - Anyone ever have to make Custom Monster Truck Parts? Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2012, 5:19 pm

You can buy like wilwood/baer/SSB brake kits - pretty much any size you need- maybe figured after shipping/handling itd be cheeper to have em machined local.
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever have to make Custom Monster Truck Parts?   parts - Anyone ever have to make Custom Monster Truck Parts? Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2012, 10:53 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
You can buy like wilwood/baer/SSB brake kits - pretty much any size you need- maybe figured after shipping/handling itd be cheeper to have em machined local.

Well the rotors were $400 ea after machining etc. The outside diameter of the rotor is the equivalent to most Car tires.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever have to make Custom Monster Truck Parts?   parts - Anyone ever have to make Custom Monster Truck Parts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever have to make Custom Monster Truck Parts?
Page 1 of 1