All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

Cracked tranny case Lend10PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inDiscordCountdown TimerCracked tranny case Rend10
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!
2019 Top Tractor Challenge! Aug 17th and 18th! DETAILS HERE!

Cracked tranny case

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bandit1
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Bandit1

Forum Rep : 0

Cracked tranny case Empty
PostSubject: Cracked tranny case   Cracked tranny case Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 2:32 am

I am using a 6 speed transmission off of a older Murray I recently welded the rearend. It seemed to work fine for a couple hours then I checked it and it has 2 small cracks going almost all the way across the top half of the case. It still drives fine. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I should do to fix it or should I just run it?
Back to top Go down
moremorelawnmowers
Apprentice
Apprentice
moremorelawnmowers

PostSubject: Re: Cracked tranny case   Cracked tranny case Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 8:17 am

I would try JB weld. A friend of mine used it on his transaxle and it worked until he wheelied it and it blew apart. So yea it will work but it wont be quite as strong as it was before.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/moremorelawnmowers?feature=mhee
Stretch44875
Administrator
Administrator
Stretch44875

Forum Rep : 7

PostSubject: Re: Cracked tranny case   Cracked tranny case Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 10:14 am

Sounds like it got welded crooked. Rear axle should spin nice and smooth after welding, if it binds, it will usually break something. It's tricky to weld them straight sometimes.
Back to top Go down
moremorelawnmowers
Apprentice
Apprentice
moremorelawnmowers

PostSubject: Re: Cracked tranny case   Cracked tranny case Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 7:07 pm

@Stretch44875 wrote:
Sounds like it got welded crooked. Rear axle should spin nice and smooth after welding, if it binds, it will usually break something. It's tricky to weld them straight sometimes.

He also abused it pretty hard. Those little transaxles can only take so much.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/moremorelawnmowers?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cracked tranny case   Cracked tranny case Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cracked tranny case
Page 1 of 1