All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off is almost HALF WAY!! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
The forum is getting a minor face-lift. We hope you like it. Details here: Facelifting the Forum

Share | 

LIGHTS AND BUMPERS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Craftsman Dude
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: LIGHTS AND BUMPERS   Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:34 pm

Id like to see everyones light bumper setup ,i just rewired my tractor and will be putting some lights on it wondering what works best .
Back to top Go down
WellThatsSurprising
Skilled
Skilled

Forum Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: LIGHTS AND BUMPERS   Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Im working on a video for this.   Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:44 am

I am currently working on a video on how I do my front ends brush guards/bumpers. I recently was chatting with another member about how it should match what you intend to do with your ride. for example, he has a front end that also protects the engine incase of roll overs. we both agreed on the fact your front end would benifit if you can use it as a handle to pull it from "stuck" situations.

But, long story short, depending on what kind of chassis you have, In my video I use two pieces of tube about 7 inches long and then two additional pieces 9 inches long that fit inside the 7 inch ones. then I build the bumper brush guard on the smaller diameter 9 inch tubes. basically I make the front bumper removable. That way I can exchange bumpers/brush guards/ winches/ etc. to my liking.

If you want a couple of photos that might help explain what Im talking about, email me. Junkstarbuilds@gmail.com

But if you want a short answer, I recommend just welding up some bicycle handle bars.. they are easy to get, relativley strong and pre-bent.
Back to top Go down
Craftsman Dude
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: LIGHTS AND BUMPERS   Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:03 pm

ights and bumper done click for pic.
http://www.atltf.com/t1326-my-craftsman
Back to top Go down
Mark288
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: LIGHTS AND BUMPERS   Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:52 pm

Theres my bumper and light setup....new plan is to take that light off, then put a 1000 lb winch in the center and a light on each side of the winch then 4 more lights on the hood lol. also wanting to put a 5 inch pulley on the engine...right now is 3.5 on the engine and 3 on the transaxle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LIGHTS AND BUMPERS   

Back to top Go down

LIGHTS AND BUMPERS
Page 1 of 1