All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

How do you know what wire is what when rewiring a tractor?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

wiring - How do you know what wire is what when rewiring a tractor? Empty
PostSubject: How do you know what wire is what when rewiring a tractor?   wiring - How do you know what wire is what when rewiring a tractor? Icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2012, 4:18 pm

Yesterday, I was working on rewiring my tractor to have an ignition switch and a push button start switch. After working on it forever, I got exasperated and quit as I couldn't figure out what wire did what. How did y'all do your tractors?
Back to top Go down
WellThatsSurprising
WellThatsSurprising

PostSubject: Re: How do you know what wire is what when rewiring a tractor?   wiring - How do you know what wire is what when rewiring a tractor? Icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2012, 5:44 pm

Does your motor have an internal or external regulator?
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: How do you know what wire is what when rewiring a tractor?   wiring - How do you know what wire is what when rewiring a tractor? Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2012, 11:11 am

What's the Regulator?
Back to top Go down
WellThatsSurprising
WellThatsSurprising

PostSubject: Re: How do you know what wire is what when rewiring a tractor?   wiring - How do you know what wire is what when rewiring a tractor? Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2012, 9:13 pm

Quote :
A voltage regulator is designed to automatically maintain a constant voltage level. A voltage regulator may be a simple "feed-forward" design or may include negative feedback control loops. It may use an electromechanical mechanism, or electronic components. Depending on the design, it may be used to regulate one or more AC or DC voltages.

Probably looks a bit like this.
wiring - How do you know what wire is what when rewiring a tractor? A20792a1369dff4132e464_m
Back to top Go down
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator

PostSubject: Wiring set up   wiring - How do you know what wire is what when rewiring a tractor? Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2012, 9:31 am

I have the Briggs basic wiring diagram on my facebook

Link to Photo

Or just go to my facebook and look through my photos. https://www.facebook.com/JunkStarBuilds

I think FearlessFront has a video on wiring as well. But to help you out directly, I would need to know the engine model, year and make of the mower..

Take care, Keep riding
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: How do you know what wire is what when rewiring a tractor?   wiring - How do you know what wire is what when rewiring a tractor? Icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2012, 9:35 pm

I don't have that. I have a briggs 17 HP single on a 98 LT1000 I think.
Back to top Go down
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator

PostSubject: Id have to get more info   wiring - How do you know what wire is what when rewiring a tractor? Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2012, 5:16 am

Id have to get more info from you to find a wiring diagram for that..Like a model or serial number..
Or if you take some photos you could email me..or post here. I suppose you already disabled all the safe switches?
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: How do you know what wire is what when rewiring a tractor?   wiring - How do you know what wire is what when rewiring a tractor? Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2012, 11:14 am

Yes, their all gone. I can get ya a model number later today, if I can find it. I think it's under the seat.
Back to top Go down
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator

PostSubject: all right cool,   wiring - How do you know what wire is what when rewiring a tractor? Icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2012, 11:22 am

Basically, I know of two places off the top of my head that I start off looking for diagrams..

Sears Parts Direct

And

E Replacement Parts

Also, you can get lucky if you plug in your part description and google Image search then play with the side sorting (I.E line drawing or Black and White)

Please If you find it before me, Id like get more diagrams for my facebook. so, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you know what wire is what when rewiring a tractor?   wiring - How do you know what wire is what when rewiring a tractor? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you know what wire is what when rewiring a tractor?
Page 1 of 1