All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off starts soon! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!

Share | 

ideas on how to put a front bash bar on the front of this mower?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
boggo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: ideas on how to put a front bash bar on the front of this mower?   Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:27 pm

i have a mower with a whole bonnet that flips down not like most where they just have the top of it flip open, how do you guys put bullbars on the front of one of these?
Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer

PostSubject: Re: ideas on how to put a front bash bar on the front of this mower?   Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:37 am

You would probably have to modify the way the hood mounts. You could try something like what Stretch did on the Silver Bullet http://www.atltf.com/t1062-craftsman-lt10-build . The hood probably wouldn't open all the way, but maybe far enough to do maintenance.

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2016 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2016 Media thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2017!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
tralme98
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Reply   Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:31 pm

You could just have a ram bar that sits lower than most and that also extends out a little more.
Back to top Go down
boggo
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: ideas on how to put a front bash bar on the front of this mower?   Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:29 am

the thing is the hood sits so low when open :/ might split the hood so it opens from the top only or use clips and make it a clip off design.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Webmaster
Webmaster

Forum Rep : 28

PostSubject: Re: ideas on how to put a front bash bar on the front of this mower?   Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:55 am

Could rig up a quick disconnect, kind of like what came on 90s Craftsmans where you tilt the hood back and it will slide off. Or make one like Fearless' hood on his Murray.

I dunno what you have for clearance, but you could try spacing out the sides for the bars that will hold on the bumper part.

Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: ideas on how to put a front bash bar on the front of this mower?   Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:02 pm

You could come off the frame so its sterdy and do what ferlessfront does and when you need to work o0n it take out the hoodpins and take the whole hood off!
Back to top Go down
Speedfreek241
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: ideas on how to put a front bash bar on the front of this mower?   Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:27 pm

if you build it low enough you might be able to still open it, i did this on my Murray.
Back to top Go down
k2500life
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: ideas on how to put a front bash bar on the front of this mower?   Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:19 pm

Here's mine it clears the hood but doesn't fully open I mounted it low on the mower
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: ideas on how to put a front bash bar on the front of this mower?   Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:13 am

I too, ended up using pins. Between the winch and the bumper, a tilting hood wasn't going to happen without more engineering than I was willing to perform.

Put down the wrench, and come out with your hands up!-Doc "Tranny Crusher" Sprocket, ATLTF Forum Admin, Thinkerer and Tinkerer, and all-around good dood. Wink

Gen. Mayhem- http://www.atltf.com/t2597-general-mayhem-race-tractor
MULE- http://www.atltf.com/t2153-lawn-boy-utltv
MULEII- http://www.atltf.com/t3328-1970-john-deere-112-the-beginnings-of-mule-ii
MULEIII http://www.atltf.com/t4263-mule3-brainstorming-ideas-etc#58287
Wrench, Wheel, Wreck, Repeat...
Back to top Go down
Seth Chester
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: ideas on how to put a front bash bar on the front of this mower?   Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:34 pm

Have The Hood Just Sit On The Casing, Where It Lifts Straight Up! For Instance The Bumper Kind Of Touches The Front Of The Hood, But The Hood Slides Straight Up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ideas on how to put a front bash bar on the front of this mower?   

Back to top Go down

ideas on how to put a front bash bar on the front of this mower?
Page 1 of 1