All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

aggressive tires

Go down 
+2
Craftsman Dude
jaymz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jaymz

tires - aggressive tires Empty
PostSubject: aggressive tires   tires - aggressive tires Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2012, 6:51 pm

whats the most aggressive tire tread pattern out there that will still fit a rim with a 3/4" hub for a mower axle????
Back to top Go down
Craftsman Dude
Craftsman Dude

PostSubject: Re: aggressive tires   tires - aggressive tires Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2012, 7:45 pm

Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: aggressive tires   tires - aggressive tires Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 8:52 am

Im going the route of using golf kart rims or stock rims on my 3/4" axles - with the golf kart rims, ive used a adapter hub - i should take pics of the hub setups i put on a murray with 3/4" axles - i custom made a set of adapters to mount 1" axle hubs from northern tools with steel sleeve bushings and steel keyway stock.

I dont like welding stuff to axles, because if i need it for something else or need to take it apart, i can.

Theres alot of aggressive tires out there - be prepared to spend alot of money tho - i saw a pair of AG tires at TSC for $80 each for 8" rims.
Back to top Go down
Trikahilux
Trikahilux

PostSubject: Re: aggressive tires   tires - aggressive tires Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 9:44 pm

try googling "atv mud tire" and the rim size.

maybe something like this?
http://www.atvrideronline.com/features/1108_atvp_20_essentials_for_mud_riding/viewall.html
Back to top Go down
xxXMowerdudeXxx
Established Member

Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: aggressive tires   tires - aggressive tires Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2013, 10:09 am

They are not cheap lol
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: aggressive tires   tires - aggressive tires Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2013, 11:27 pm

xxXMowerdudeXxx wrote:
They are not cheap lol

They are Pretty cheap when your looking at it from an ATV riders POV, but yes from this POV they are expensive considering you can get a used lawn tractor for the price of one tire easily. The best bet is to look online for tires you might like and post wanted ads on local classifieds for two tires your looking for, obviously they are going to be used but most likely cheaper.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: aggressive tires   tires - aggressive tires Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

aggressive tires
Page 1 of 1