All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.

Go down 
+2
Ariens YT11
W1ldyOvvnZ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Empty
PostSubject: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2012, 12:20 am

I just bought another bundled deal, the guy wanted $75 and it costs me $15 in fuel but I think its worth it since I sort of needed both.

First was one of those cheap Chinese scooters/go peds
Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. GS301
This is what Im talking about(not the actual thing)
It needs new rear bearings but the engine apparently runs and I need the Throttle cable from it and the carb/motor from it for another bike I got in better shape for free.
Then I will sell the Scooter and the Parts Scooter together and ask probably $120 and sell it for $100. So I will make my money back in that Alone.

Then I got what I think is the best part of the deal, an older Ariens Lawn Tractor, I think its an HT16 but Its to dark to check anything on it really.
Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. TractorFront
This is what it looks like, its in rougher shape then this but mainly everything seems to be there except the Rear tail lights/signal lights and the paint is flaking off.
It has a 5 speed transaxle and a gear box driving it, I want to put it in the Lifted Toro build now an use the AG tires like on the tractor above.

Ill get pictures of everything tomorrow if I can.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
Ariens YT11
Established Member
Ariens YT11
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2012, 1:13 am

I would check out if there is any lawn tractor pulls in the area and add about 1000 pounds to it and pull the mowing deck off it, and wheelie bars are a need because of tractors flipping, and try and see if you like it, FYI you might have to pay for each hookup to the sled
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2012, 1:20 am

I could try that, never thought of it, the belts are brand new so they wouldn't slip as much as old ones:P I could try that, the tractor is pretty strong, took 5 people to lift it into the back of the truck so it isn't built to flimsy:P
Back to top Go down
Ariens YT11
Established Member
Ariens YT11
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2012, 1:14 pm

Now you now why my lawn mower is a pulling tractor/ mudding tractor it is heavy in fact it is 626 lbs with me on it.
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2012, 1:20 pm

yeah, I used to have a YT12 Ariens(my second ever lawn tractor) but it seemed like junk to me, it was as light as most MTD lawn tractors and rotted out as fast as them too. This one seems alot better though, even though both Ariens i've gotten both have a tendency for the paint to peal in really really large pieces(I just pulled a peice off about 8.5"x11"). I will take a picture of the ariens before I forget:P
Back to top Go down
Ariens YT11
Established Member
Ariens YT11
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2012, 1:40 pm

Yeah that is what was wrong with my Ariens a big rust spot on the hood so my dad got a can of chevy engine orange and it is almost a exact match.
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2012, 1:52 pm

probably not an exact match for me since its all faded paint but I will remember that If I repaint it, do you know a price of what I could sell my tractor for?
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2012, 2:01 pm

Here are the pics of the tractor:
Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. PIC_0062

Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. PIC_0067
That is all I could find on the tractor for info

The tractor needs some work but I have a tube for the front tire/new tire, the deck isnt rotted, needs a new seat(seems like it will be the hardest to find),and new tail lights(also seems like it will be hard to find.
Back to top Go down
Ariens YT11
Established Member
Ariens YT11
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2012, 12:34 am

The seat you can more or less find a exact fit from TSC, and can you get a photo of the taillights?
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2012, 3:06 pm

Here are some pics of it:
Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. PIC_0069
One is missing and one seems to have a light cover missing. They don't seem to be like signal lights because there is no switch and it doesn't look like there was a spot cut out for a switch if there used to be one.

Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. PIC_0068
Back to top Go down
Ariens YT11
Established Member
Ariens YT11
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2012, 5:35 pm

Thanks for posting the pics. IDK were you could get tail lights Ebay maby, I forgot to post this in the last post that I did but I think a good selling price is $200 to $500 in the condiction it is in. If you want to put a little money into it I would fix the sheet metal and give it a paint job and you could get a little more than what I think it is worth selling for. Or you could make it a mudding tractor as is.
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2012, 10:53 pm

Id like to make it a mudding tractor but I know my one in the garage wont get done and I dont want to use this as a donor because its complete:P ill probably post it online for $200 obo and see what I get, if I get even $100 id probably be happy.
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2012, 11:04 pm

I just quickly searched for parts for the Ariens and found the Tail Lights.

Right Hand Tail Light:
Part Number: 03416300

Left Hand Tail Light:
Part Number: 03416400

I looked online and I could get a Replacement LH Tail Light for $63-$67 and a Replacement RH Tail Light for around $71.

If I do fix it up and don't sell it at-least I know I can still get parts for it like those.
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2012, 11:10 pm

Go dumpster dive a local sheet plastics place and get your self some scraps. Do a bit of research on how to shape and paint it, and make your own lenses, then all you need is a couple of sockets and some 1156 bulbs. Or you could go to a scrap yard and take the tail light lenses out of a car and cut them down to fi ( if you want the reflector qualtities).

With practise its called custom
Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 12:41 am

Yeah - id say look at some junkyard car ones - im sure those are cheeper.
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 7:33 am

well I know the local plastic place is 4 1/2 hours away so its not so local, how would you bond the plastics and still make it semi-transparent without a line in the middle where you cut the plastic?
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 7:41 am

Im sure a CA glue would work- its a modelers type 2 part glue . Id say look for a lens that has the 90 degree bend so all that needs to be cut is the ends.

Some older 80's ford pickups have the sharp corner in the lens.
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 9:24 am

Careful with CA, which is basically super glue. The fumes as it dries will make a milky haze on things. Shoe goo or like dangertoys mentioned a clear 2-part epoxy might work beter. I use CA alot with RC stuff because it's fast and cheap, but there are many downsides.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
dked41
dked41

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 11:02 am

Are the taillights the same as the headghts, just different color lenses?
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 2:51 pm

Ill try the glues and stuff, ill still need to get a RH tail light because nothing is there, not even the bulb, unless I could find something that could represent the missing piece. And the Tail Lights are completely different then the headlights so I couldn't even try to find headlights from a junk one and use a spray on red tint colour over them.
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2012, 5:22 pm

It depends on the plastic. We bend 1/8" clear polycarbonate in a sheet metal break.

Heating it and bending around a form can be done too.
Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
Ariens YT11
Established Member
Ariens YT11
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 4:49 pm

hows it coming you haven't commented in this tread in awhile?
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2013, 9:03 pm

ooh, sold it a while ago, someone drove by and offered $200 for it the way it sat so i never bothered doing anything with the Lawn Tractor, i think i got a scooter in the deal and i tore the scooter down for parts for another one i have and used the frame and built a lifted scooter(22" lift with bicycle tires). Then i sold the scooter for $30 to a co-worker for his kids christmas present
Back to top Go down
Ariens YT11
Established Member
Ariens YT11
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2013, 11:57 pm

Cool. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.   Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got another Bundled deal with an older Ariens Lawn Tractor.
Page 1 of 1