All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - 7/29/2017 @ 8:00pm EST .
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off is underway! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!
We now have a Discord chat server! Contact Doug for an invite link!

Share | 

Small Craftman RM7

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yamaharules163
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Small Craftman RM7   Tue May 25, 2010 10:57 pm

what could I do to this machine? sorry about shitty video. But i couldnt back up all the way to get the complete machine. The 7hp tecumseh motor is garbage so Im looking for for 8 horse briggs (industructable) people please give me some ideas lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg_44E5x89Q
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Small Craftman RM7   Wed May 26, 2010 7:04 am

Might be too small for an offroader- could lower it and make a mod - shouldnt be too hard with the chain drive.

Get some smaller wheels, different pullies and some sort of minibike/go kart brake and itd make a neat hot rod.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Small Craftman RM7   Wed May 26, 2010 7:27 am

if you wanted you could raise it and due to the chain you could make suspension, fearless tried and couldnt do it due to the transaxle but you could!
Back to top Go down
Yamaharules163
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Small Craftman RM7   Wed May 26, 2010 9:38 am

i do have a older shock from a polaris indy lite sled i could fab up with a swingarm type rear end. The possibilities are endless lol i dunno what Id do with the front end though i guess what fearless did
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Small Craftman RM7   Wed May 26, 2010 9:40 am

That would be a cool machine. Definatly ditch the Teccy.

Being so small, it could acuatlly be awesome off roa, fairly light weight so great for hill climbing and stuff, plus you could fit it through smaller spaces. I'd mod it for off-road or speed. Maybe a bit of both, a sorta low machine but with agressive tyres?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/csakvids
Yamaharules163
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Small Craftman RM7   Wed May 26, 2010 9:45 am

@Chunk wrote:
That would be a cool machine. Definatly ditch the Teccy.

Being so small, it could acuatlly be awesome off roa, fairly light weight so great for hill climbing and stuff, plus you could fit it through smaller spaces. I'd mod it for off-road or speed. Maybe a bit of both, a sorta low machine but with agressive tyres?

Yes that would be legit would probably need to mod fenders though, but my friend i know can sell me some agressive snow/mud tires (carlises (spelling) for $40 canadian that fit on current stock rims. Only time will tell lol for now if i find a briggs ill leave it stock for a while
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Small Craftman RM7   Wed May 26, 2010 9:47 am

I'd snap those tires up! $40 seems awesome to me!
Back to top Go down
Yamaharules163
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Small Craftman RM7   Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:04 pm

what would be the best ratio? im thinking of putting on a 4 horse briggs 2 stroke lawnmower motor and i kinda wanna go stock then again i dont. Biggest challenge would be the fact that since its a lawnmower engine, theres a hub where the blade mounts and would be inpossible to get a pulley on it without cutting it of. would this change the throw on the crank???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Small Craftman RM7   Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:23 am

mine runs a 4 inch front and 10 inch back, great for offroading but way to slow over all slighly faster than walking speed, im going to try and put the transaxle off the snapper on it for two reasons, try out the gears, see if there good and also its got a 5 inch pulley stock on it! which will make the ratio similar to fearlesses What a Face

the reason mines so slow offroad is cause it hasn't got any suspension so i feel like my butt is going to kill me if i go too fast lol. you could probs go for a 1:1 or 1:1.2 or similar with suspension, fearless doesn't have any but still...
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Small Craftman RM7   Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:40 am

Mine's 1:1 and seems fine. Seat springs are all the suspension you need! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small Craftman RM7   

Back to top Go down