All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Front Axle Pivot Or No Pivot On Lifted Tractor?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

front - Front Axle Pivot Or No Pivot On Lifted Tractor? Empty
PostSubject: Front Axle Pivot Or No Pivot On Lifted Tractor?   front - Front Axle Pivot Or No Pivot On Lifted Tractor? Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2012, 6:54 pm

Im building a lifted tractor u can see it under projects, Anyways its getting 10'' lift front and rear now im trying to decide if i should go with a soild front axle or leave it so it can pivot some?
This is going to be used in my trails/fields/mudding. If i go with piviot then there will be a shock on each side.
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Front Axle Pivot Or No Pivot On Lifted Tractor?   front - Front Axle Pivot Or No Pivot On Lifted Tractor? Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2012, 7:33 pm

I'd go mwith a swivel front end. A shock would help with any speed wobbles. Two shocks is overkill. especially if the springs are still on.
Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: Front Axle Pivot Or No Pivot On Lifted Tractor?   front - Front Axle Pivot Or No Pivot On Lifted Tractor? Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2012, 7:55 pm

yea i was thinking the same and it would be one shock on each side i was going to build 2 tubular arms from the axle to frame with heim joints and insted of the steel front supports run a shock front the frame to the axle then run a cross arm to keep from side to side movment but that would be more costly and more work
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Front Axle Pivot Or No Pivot On Lifted Tractor?   front - Front Axle Pivot Or No Pivot On Lifted Tractor? Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2012, 9:11 pm

I'm batting around the idea too with my golf cart axle swap. I've posted my results over in my build thread. I'm experimenting with both ideas. If it's going into the woods, I'd give it a little swivel.
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: Front Axle Pivot Or No Pivot On Lifted Tractor?   front - Front Axle Pivot Or No Pivot On Lifted Tractor? Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2012, 10:33 pm

yea i been trying to fig it out how to build it,as my axle is prob going to be 2x3 channel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front Axle Pivot Or No Pivot On Lifted Tractor?   front - Front Axle Pivot Or No Pivot On Lifted Tractor? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front Axle Pivot Or No Pivot On Lifted Tractor?
Page 1 of 1