All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Dynamark Tractor

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BlackMountian88

Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 3:32 pm

Oh yep. If you have the parts and tools to get it going I would keep the dynamark together. They have a good history. And I just plain like 'em! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BlackMountian88
BlackMountian88

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 3:32 pm

Oh yep. If you have the parts and tools to get it going I would keep the dynamark together. They have a good history. And I just plain like 'em! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 3:42 pm

BlackMountian88 wrote:

The frame seems alot heavier than my LT1000. That's the big draw. Plus the retro style and the ratrod feel.
Back to top Go down
http://buckeyejeeps.com
BlackMountian88
BlackMountian88

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 3:51 pm

Ha ha yes! If you want a tough stout little rat-rod thing, try a Sears LT10 from the '80s. I looove the look of mine, because it's rusted out. But this summer it's going to get chopped and channeled!
Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Sears_10
I'm thinking about putting the front down, but I did this on my profile tractor and it gets caught on even the smallest rocks. Smile
Back to top Go down
TennesseeCowboy
TennesseeCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 3:52 pm

I agree, if you have the parts I'd stick with the Dynamark. The tractor thats in my profile picture is also a fairly old Dynamark that i've fixed up. I've had no problems with it and i'm pretty sure it has the engine and transmission it came with still on it and i use it all the time. Very reliable.
Back to top Go down
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 3:53 pm

Nice. I don't know where I'll end up, but I figure I can do something cool on the cheap.

I originally snagged it because I thought it was an old cub cadet or sears suburban.
Back to top Go down
BlackMountian88
BlackMountian88

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 3:53 pm

Fairly old you say, what year is it? Older than '90s? I'm trying to figure out how old mine is. Very Happy I was thinking 1960 something.
Back to top Go down
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 3:55 pm

BlackMountian88 wrote:
Fairly old you say, what year is it? Older than '90s? I'm trying to figure out how old mine is. Very Happy I was thinking 1960 something.

I havn't found a date plate, but best guess would be mid 80's and possibly as new as 97. There's not much out there and the original decals have been painted over. I'm hoping I can find a data plate somewhere. The odd thing is that most that I saw online have the fuel cap through the hood, this doesn't. I also need to figure out how to release those goofy wing nut clips to get the hood open.
Back to top Go down
TennesseeCowboy
TennesseeCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 3:57 pm

I'm wanting to say maybe '73? I know my papaw bought it new when my mom was younger. I would've kept it stock but the decals were tore apart so I just repainted it lol
Back to top Go down
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 3:58 pm

TennesseeCowboy wrote:
I'm wanting to say maybe '73? I know my papaw bought it new when my mom was younger. I would've kept it stock but the decals were tore apart so I just repainted it lol

I'm leaning towards industrial satin black and maybe finding a sign painter who wants to do some custom graphics.
Back to top Go down
BlackMountian88
BlackMountian88

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 4:02 pm

Cool! I have a plate right between the battery and the gas tank. Try red on black, or neon green on black! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TennesseeCowboy
TennesseeCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 4:04 pm

dagr8tim wrote:
BlackMountian88 wrote:

I havn't found a date plate, but best guess would be mid 80's and possibly as new as 97. There's not much out there and the original decals have been painted over. I'm hoping I can find a data plate somewhere. The odd thing is that most that I saw online have the fuel cap through the hood, this doesn't. I also need to figure out how to release those goofy wing nut clips to get the hood open.
I haven't looked for one, but i will haha.
Back to top Go down
BlackMountian88
BlackMountian88

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 4:04 pm

Ok, please do!
Back to top Go down
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 4:15 pm

BlackMountian88 wrote:
Cool! I have a plate right between the battery and the gas tank. Try red on black, or neon green on black! Very Happy

Either neon green or fire engine read pin strips. ;-)
Back to top Go down
BlackMountian88
BlackMountian88

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 4:23 pm

YESSSSS. I soo want to try green. This is my hot rod, with the red. Very Happy
Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Murray10
It doesn't look so good cause it's been in storage for a while. Sad
Back to top Go down
TennesseeCowboy
TennesseeCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 4:26 pm

I have the model/serial numbers for my running one, but i don't know how to get the year out of that lol
Back to top Go down
BlackMountian88
BlackMountian88

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 4:29 pm

Ha ya, maybe Google it?
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 4:46 pm

its like mine but mine says sears lol
Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Body_t11

Except im not using the center body tub where the shifter is,Im mixing in a tub from a 80's agway along with the foot boards off from it. Im using the sears grill/hood/dash/fenders

this is the donor agway
Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Agway10
Back to top Go down
BlackMountian88
BlackMountian88

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 4:48 pm

Wish I had a big clean shop like that! Very Happy Looks nice!
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 4:52 pm

its not that big lil its 14x12 built it from 6x8 pallets that are made with 2x4's and it needs a good cleaning its messy lol
Back to top Go down
BlackMountian88
BlackMountian88

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 4:54 pm

Well hey, it's better than me! I have a 6x4 foot square in the middle of my dad's garage! Very Happy But it's better than nothing!
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2012, 11:03 pm

Dynamarks were built by AYP - same as older sears tractors- ive owned a few dynamarks over the years, and still own 3 of them currently- an '82, '84 and a '88 . After the '90's, dynamark was bot by toro and they went to a full plastic hood setup, then was no longer built.

Tennessee Cowboys is an '82 - just like mine - the dynamark chassis on the sawhorses is earlier then that ( white grilles are an earlier model) - i had one with a teccy 10HP it had a 'brain box'/voltage regulator and points ( points were on tractors before '80), rear discharge deck and a white plastic grille- sheetmetal was black and white while the deck was red - i kick myself for getting rid of it ...

Reason i know how old mine are is they still have thier factory motors, all briggs with date codes on them - i had a parts 'blue' dynamark that had a cigarette lighter - none of my others have one tho...

I like the dynamarks for their plain toughness, easy to work on and easy to remove the deck ( one pin, remove the belt and out it comes ).

Only sort of drawback is the pan chassis setup - it can flex and eventually break - if it was reinforced, then it should handle pretty much anything.

Back to top Go down
BlackMountian88
BlackMountian88

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2012, 9:16 am

Yes Sir. I guess mine is earlier! Did you see the photos I had posted? The only plastic is the gas cap and tank. It also has the early Briggs and Stratton logos in em. Smile

This is kinda off topic, but about the points and condenser. Mine originally had them, but the spark plug wire on the coil had melted. So I put in a newer magnetron (or whatever) coil and it runs perfect. Is that ok?
Back to top Go down
TennesseeCowboy
TennesseeCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2012, 11:58 am

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
Dynamarks were built by AYP - same as older sears tractors- ive owned a few dynamarks over the years, and still own 3 of them currently- an '82, '84 and a '88 . After the '90's, dynamark was bot by toro and they went to a full plastic hood setup, then was no longer built.

Tennessee Cowboys is an '82 - just like mine - the dynamark chassis on the sawhorses is earlier then that ( white grilles are an earlier model) - i had one with a teccy 10HP it had a 'brain box'/voltage regulator and points ( points were on tractors before '80), rear discharge deck and a white plastic grille- sheetmetal was black and white while the deck was red - i kick myself for getting rid of it ...

Reason i know how old mine are is they still have thier factory motors, all briggs with date codes on them - i had a parts 'blue' dynamark that had a cigarette lighter - none of my others have one tho...

I like the dynamarks for their plain toughness, easy to work on and easy to remove the deck ( one pin, remove the belt and out it comes ).

Only sort of drawback is the pan chassis setup - it can flex and eventually break - if it was reinforced, then it should handle pretty much anything.

That sounds right on my mower, I knew it was either a '72, '73, or '82 lol. Just couldnt remember for sure. Btw, is your parts Dynamark stock blue? Those things are pretty rare aren't they?

BlackMountian88 wrote:
Ha ya, maybe Google it?

Tried it dude, haha.

Last edited by TennesseeCowboy on December 20th 2012, 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TennesseeCowboy
TennesseeCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2012, 12:12 am

I took some pics of my other Dynamark to show yall. This is my next project if i can find a engine to put in it.

Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Imag0013

Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Imag0014

Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Imag0015

Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Imag0016
Back to top Go down
BlackMountian88
BlackMountian88

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2012, 8:27 am

Oh nice. That's like right between mine and his. But it still does have the gas cap thru the hood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dynamark Tractor   Dynamark Tractor - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dynamark Tractor
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next