All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Air Filter Suggestions for a 14hp B&S Vanguard V-Twin OHV engine?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

Air Filter Suggestions for a 14hp B&S Vanguard V-Twin OHV engine? Empty
PostSubject: Air Filter Suggestions for a 14hp B&S Vanguard V-Twin OHV engine?   Air Filter Suggestions for a 14hp B&S Vanguard V-Twin OHV engine? Icon_minitimeDecember 24th 2012, 3:06 pm

I have a 14hp B&S Vanguard V-Twin OHV engine that I pulled out of a Craftsman body. I already fixed the issue that it had (bad starter), so its now ready to be mounted in a body and run. However, when I got it it was missing the air filter and the other side of the housing. I tried looking for the housing part online and no luck, so ill have to make something. I was thinking of having a 90* fitting go out to a cone style air filter, but I have my other hookups and whatnot that the filter had going to it. Im looking for suggestions. Ill snag a picture tonight so you can see what I have to deal with.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Air Filter Suggestions for a 14hp B&S Vanguard V-Twin OHV engine? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Filter Suggestions for a 14hp B&S Vanguard V-Twin OHV engine?   Air Filter Suggestions for a 14hp B&S Vanguard V-Twin OHV engine? Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2012, 7:58 am

Could find a suitable K&N air filter - might be a lil expensive, but youll never need a new one. Tractor racers use those for best air flow.
Back to top Go down

Air Filter Suggestions for a 14hp B&S Vanguard V-Twin OHV engine?
Page 1 of 1