All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - TBA.
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off is underway! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!

Share | 

Lifted Crastman And Kubota Mud Boggers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
B&Z KUSTOMS
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Lifted Crastman And Kubota Mud Boggers   Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:31 pm

I have a crastman mower that i have put a total of about 10" lift on it with 27" ITP's. iI run a 16hp twin cylinder briggs with a kustom snorkel kit and straight pipes. I have built a custom heavy duty front axle from scratch cause I was tired of bending axles. I also decided to start running the transaxles out of older sears garden tractors.

My buddy has a kubota mower with about the same amount of lift and same tires. But he runs a 20hp briggs with a kustom snorkel and straight pipes. with custom heavy duty front axles and the same transaxles.

All of our lift and designs where draw up by us and all custom built by us. We have been working on these new lawnmowers for about 3 months now and we havnt even got far enough to put the motors on. We love to take theses out to big mud bogs that they have a Taylor County Boondocks in Butler Georgia. We used to go to Mudders on 431 in pitsview. We have went threw so many frames and transaxles. We believe that we have finally figured out all our problems and shouldnt have anymore with these new mowers! We will post pics when we finish them so yall can tell us what yall think or if yall have anymore ideas yall think we should do.
Back to top Go down
theswampmachine
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Lifted Crastman And Kubota Mud Boggers   Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:39 pm

Let see some pictures it sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Lifted Crastman And Kubota Mud Boggers   Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:46 pm

Sounds like you are well advanced, looking forward to seeing some pics.
Back to top Go down
B&Z KUSTOMS
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Lifted Crastman And Kubota Mud Boggers   Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:15 pm

well i been working on lawnmowers sense i was 5 my pawpaw taught me everthing i know.. But at mine and my buddys small business "B&Z KUSTOMS" build anything for anyone that has to do with metal and metal fab.. is there a way i can get pictures off my phone and put on here? Ill put some pics of just the new chasis on here if i knew how
Back to top Go down
Doug
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: Lifted Crastman And Kubota Mud Boggers   Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:36 pm

I used to text pictures to my email addresse before I got a better phone with a removable memory. It costs money to text yourself the pictures though.

_X_ MEMBER LOCATION THREAD ** FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Craftsman Rally Tractor "RV1"  ---- Agway GT Rebuild ---- 2016 Build-Off Entry "1238 GT"
Back to top Go down
B&Z KUSTOMS
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Lifted Crastman And Kubota Mud Boggers   Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:28 pm

Im gunna do that and see if I can gets some "during build" pics on here for yall
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Lifted Crastman And Kubota Mud Boggers   Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:33 am

Your phone have an SD slot? When i take pics on my phone, i send em to the SD card, then load the stuff from the card on my puter - no extra charges, altho you do need a card reader that can plug into a USB port on the puter.

Most of those 'monster tractor' builders use the heavy duty GT transmissions from older craftsmans - and mount 33" truck tires on em .

I have a couple GT's - the 3 hi/3 low transmissions are great - high gears have plenty of speed, the low gears have plenty of grunt for pulling.
Back to top Go down
truckin42
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Lifted Crastman And Kubota Mud Boggers   Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:50 am

Sound like you have a couple of cool projects going on.Can't wait for pics
Back to top Go down
Doug
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: Lifted Crastman And Kubota Mud Boggers   Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:13 pm

@dangeroustoys56 wrote:
Your phone have an SD slot? When i take pics on my phone, i send em to the SD card, then load the stuff from the card on my puter - no extra charges, altho you do need a card reader that can plug into a USB port on the puter.

Most of those 'monster tractor' builders use the heavy duty GT transmissions from older craftsmans - and mount 33" truck tires on em .

I have a couple GT's - the 3 hi/3 low transmissions are great - high gears have plenty of speed, the low gears have plenty of grunt for pulling.

Another way I found is that if your phone is Bluetooth Capable, most PCs have a Bluetooth manager but no Bluetooth card. You can usually get USB enabled ones for just a few bucks on eBay. Then you can just send them wirelessly to your PC. Im looking at doing that since I have to take my entire phone apart to remove my SD card.

_X_ MEMBER LOCATION THREAD ** FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Craftsman Rally Tractor "RV1"  ---- Agway GT Rebuild ---- 2016 Build-Off Entry "1238 GT"
Back to top Go down
cumminsbayou
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Lifted Crastman And Kubota Mud Boggers   Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:27 pm

hey man im in alabama to if you get down my way let me know
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lifted Crastman And Kubota Mud Boggers   

Back to top Go down

Lifted Crastman And Kubota Mud Boggers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1