All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - 7/29/2017 @ 8:00pm EST .
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off is underway! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!
We now have a Discord chat server! Contact Doug for an invite link!

Share | 

Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lawnguy17
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more.   Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:23 pm

hello everyone. I own a toro lx425 I want to swap out the transaxle for a 6 speed but im having trouble planning this so if anyone has idea do tell. you can see it on my youtube channel dragon124356. if not I,m planning to turn it to a mudding/off road tractor
Back to top Go down
cumminsbayou
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more.   Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:47 pm

go to a junk yard or scrap yard or steal a manuel tranmsion of some lawn mower and a clutch assembly. and hook the stuff up pretty common scene stuff
Back to top Go down
Doug
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more.   Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:06 am

@cumminsbayou wrote:
go to a junk yard or scrap yard or steal a manuel tranmsion of some lawn mower and a clutch assembly. and hook the stuff up pretty common scene stuff

Thats the best way to do it, to check a scrapyard or pull from another tractor. The only issue is the holes might line up, like in my case my new 6 speed didnt line up on my MTD chassis. Some light metal work and it lined up perfect.

_X_ MEMBER LOCATION THREAD ** FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Craftsman Rally Tractor "RV1"  ---- Agway GT Rebuild ---- 2016 Build-Off Entry "1238 GT"
Back to top Go down
lawnguy17
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more.   Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:14 pm

Doug Fackler wrote:
@cumminsbayou wrote:

Thats the best way to do it, to check a scrapyard or pull from another tractor. The only issue is the holes might line up, like in my case my new 6 speed didnt line up on my MTD chassis. Some light metal work and it lined up perfect.

that's true I will fit its just the matter of my making a new linkage arm for the shifter
Back to top Go down
Doug
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more.   Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:25 pm

@lawnguy17 wrote:
Doug Fackler wrote:
@cumminsbayou wrote:

that's true I will fit its just the matter of my making a new linkage arm for the shifter

What type of shift lever does it have now?

_X_ MEMBER LOCATION THREAD ** FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Craftsman Rally Tractor "RV1"  ---- Agway GT Rebuild ---- 2016 Build-Off Entry "1238 GT"
Back to top Go down
lawnguy17
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more.   Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:46 pm

Doug Fackler wrote:
@lawnguy17 wrote:
Doug Fackler wrote:
@cumminsbayou wrote:

What type of shift lever does it have now?

well its on the left basically from the knob you move it turns a shifter I think on the side of the trans
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more.   

Back to top Go down

Toro lx425 tranaxil transfer and more.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1