All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!

Go down 
+29
crazykid1994
k2500life
numbnutz
muddstir
Ddwannabe
mudmonkey06
redlinemotorsportts
Kel
WellThatsSurprising
SkiLLz
redneck999
genegillis5
xxXMowerdudeXxx
dylansrockinrigs
Chopperhed
gearheadmike
Thunderdivine
Murray modder
richie thomas
TheRainbowBoxer
Tractor Man Jeff
matthew sidor
truckin42
avrappy
Stretch44875
THE MTD GUY
Doug
W1ldyOvvnZ
fireman
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
fireman

project - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   project - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2014, 8:55 pm

Just a quick update and say hi. Haven't done much at all with my tractors this winter. I did manage to get rid of the bungee cord and replace it with a spring. Have a few ideas on some changes but I may just leave well enough alone. Still have to make a support for the upper part of my shifter extension so it won't flex as much. I may work on that this week.

project - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 6 DSCN0354_zps974ce169

project - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 6 DSCN0355_zps0146688c
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

project - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   project - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2014, 11:01 pm

I hear yea man its to cold in my shop to do much, slows progress down A LOT.
Back to top Go down
fireman

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   project - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2014, 11:27 am

it's been a long time but finally got back to the Craftsman. If you followed my build there were a few things I still wanted to do but hadn't got to. The shifter extension would flex at the top to allowing me to shift accurately without playing hide and seek. Since i'm on vacation I decided to have a go at it. As you can see in the picture I fabricated a rigid mount to "grab" the top of the extension so it would rotate in stead of trying to bend. It actually works pretty good but the gears are very close together only taking about half of the normal shift range. I was wondering why I was looking at it then it struck me, I had offset the extension. So even thought it works it's still not working as I want it. I have to move the extension so it's directly over the shift bolt that goes into the transmission. Should be no big deal. I'm just gonna weld plated on the sides off the original bracket with like a 3" rise and a plate at the top of those. Then weld the extension to that so it should work properly. Leaving two sides open will allow me still get the bolt out if ever necessary. I'll post more pictures and an update when I finish. Should be sometime this week.

project - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 6 DSCN0567_zps350ad436" />
Back to top Go down
MoMower

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   project - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2014, 10:31 am

Great build, Fireman!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   project - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6