All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - TBA.
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off is underway! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!

Share | 

Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
fireman
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:09 pm

Got home and assembled hub and spindle and slid it on the old spindle. Cut out a piece of 1" X 1/4" steel bar to weld in as a gusset to strengthen it up so it doesn't end up bending. Looks great! Can't wait to hit the shop tomorrow and get cracking. I should the front done by noon!
Back to top Go down
truckin42
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:46 pm

So the front end is almost finshed.
Cant wait to see this thing out and driving.
Back to top Go down
fireman
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:17 pm

So after I spent an hour and a half snow blowing and shoveling the 6 inches of snow we got last night, I hit the work shop and finished up the front end. Welded on the new spindles and gusset plates then put the hubs and tires/rims on. Now to take my measurements so I can fabricate the rear hubs. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking:

Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:34 pm

Very Very nice work!

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2016 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2016 Media thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2017!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:44 pm

Very nice, thanks for keeping us up to date, looks close to being finished! Very Happy

ATLTF.com Facebook admin - Forum Mod
ban doug fackler for forever
Back to top Go down
mudmonkey06
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:10 pm

I cant wait to see the finished result
Back to top Go down
truckin42
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:11 pm

It looks good.
Its comin together.
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:09 pm

Looking good! Did you machine those spindle adapters yourself?
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:32 pm

well done, good solid work
Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
Ddwannabe
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:50 pm

WOW!
um ya
wow
very well done i think you wont have any problems because you have really put some hard work in this
Back to top Go down
fireman
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:29 pm

gearheadmike,
No I didn't make them. These along with the hubs, bearings, lung nuts, grease seals, and bearing caps came from Ebay as a package. It was $60 for 2 sets of everything. These spindles are normally for welding on as replacement for a trailer. All I had to do was cut down the mounting end to fit my needs and bore a 3/4" hole so it would slide on to the existing spindle. I then welded in that gusset to keep the existing spindle from bending due to the tires being out wider than normal.
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:45 pm

Ok cause i think im going to need something like that for my front spindles on my lifted project
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:50 pm

Very very nice.

My Vintage John Deere 110, 1967 model
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down
fireman
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:14 pm

Here's the two pieces of steel pipe for the hubs. Hopefully I'll have the other pieces on Friday and finish it this weekend!

Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:08 pm

Wow wow WOW! Very nice work. Nice welding. Nice everything. Laughing Will look great in shows and parades.

My tractor: Craftsman LT1000, 17HP Briggs Now a 20HP Briggs Apposed Twin, 6 speed Dana Trans-axle pulley swapped to 15MPH, golf cart front suspension and tires, ATV tires on the back, Rear ATV rack, front brush guard.

"An unconfirmed piece of junk in someones eyes can always be turned into a confirmed piece of art in your eyes."
Back to top Go down
fireman
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:51 am

Got the end caps today. Just need to get the 3/4" id steel with keyway to put through the middle and then weld them all together.

Back to top Go down
richie thomas
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:00 pm

looks good man i like that idea your build is alot cleaner than mine lol Rolling Eyes but mine is for mud, yours is a show so it has to be clean Smile really enjoyed watching this come together
Back to top Go down
muddstir
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:36 pm

Thats one nice clean craftsman you got there. I've really enjoyed your build, keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
truckin42
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:32 am

@fireman wrote:
Got the end caps today. Just need to get the 3/4" id steel with keyway to put through the middle and then weld them all together.

I like those hubs i might do the same design for my mud mower.
Back to top Go down
fireman
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:26 pm

Haven't been able to make any progress since my last post. Normally I'm a Fire Fighter and work 24 hours on, then have 3 days off then 24 hours on and so on. Two of our FD mechanics are out on long term sick leave and being as the powers to be knew I went to school for Automotive, I have been special detailed down to our garage which I work straight days. They are so far behind I have been putting in 14 hour days since i've been there. I am so tired when I get home I just go to bed. When the weekend comes I don't even want to see any tools. Hopefully it won't last too long but I don't know. These guys probably aren't going to be back to work for at least 3 months. I'm in the home stretch on the tractor and really don't have far to go. We'll just have to see how it plays out.
Back to top Go down
richie thomas
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:31 pm

its all good man, you got work, by all means enjoy it lol, we will be here waiting when you start back on it
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:46 pm

Stuff happens. My welder broke, so ive had 0 progress for 3 weeks.

ATLTF.com Facebook admin - Forum Mod
ban doug fackler for forever
Back to top Go down
numbnutz
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Sun May 12, 2013 9:01 pm

awesome build got same chassie thanks for the great ideas keep them pics coming thanks Les
Back to top Go down
numbnutz
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Sun May 12, 2013 9:11 pm

also can you get some info on the lift table that's also very cool thanks Les
Back to top Go down
fireman
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:29 pm

Been a while because it's been crazy at work. I finally ordered the pieces I need to finish the rear hubs. Hopefully they will be here mid next week so I can get this on the ground and take it for a test ride before I paint all the metal I added. I really want to get this finished and off the lift.

Speaking of the lift, numbnutz asked about information it. There is no markings what so ever anywhere on it. I have tried to find information on it when I first found it but no luck. Have never seen another one like it.
Back to top Go down
fireman
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:47 pm

My shaft couplers showed up today while I was at work. Got home at 7:30pm, had some dinner, then went down to the shop to see what I can get done. I welded three of the shaft couplers together and slid them onto the existing axle shaft with keystock and set screws. Slid on the adapter plates and tube and bolted on the rim and tire. All the work of measuring worked out great. The tires are inline with the fronts. Now I just need to finish welding the first hub together and then weld the second one together. That will be tomorrow afternoon. I hope to go for a ride right after that!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   

Back to top Go down

Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next