All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

"Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

"Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video) Empty
PostSubject: "Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video)   "Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video) Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 1:19 am

ok im sorry for the crappy camera i know the view isnt that great but i try anywho i named the moer sarge i plan on painting it army green and putting 22x11x8 knobbys or itp mud lites on it it has a small lift nothen to big it has mild cam work done to it and a strait pipe also let me know if i should put dual strait pipes on it Very Happy

Back to top Go down
richie thomas
Veteran Member
richie thomas
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: "Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video)   "Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video) Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 1:29 am

welcome to the site man Smile, looks like a sweet mower, i want to hear that engine,im thinking bout modifying my cam, how much did you add to the camshaft?
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: "Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video)   "Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video) Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 1:35 am

richie thomas wrote:
welcome to the site man Smile, looks like a sweet mower, i want to hear that engine,im thinking bout modifying my cam, how much did you add to the camshaft?
thanx im at a freinds house so when i can ill take a video and i welded a bit to much on the cam so now it ticks i really cant remeber how much i added but if i was you i would take it to someone and have them do it if i get paid this monday i might have a video up around friday Smile
Back to top Go down
richie thomas
Veteran Member
richie thomas
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: "Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video)   "Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video) Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 2:09 am

thanks, i got a couple of spare camshafts so ima try it, i looked it up and i think ima add .020 to it for longer duration
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: "Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video)   "Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video) Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2013, 6:05 pm

richie thomas wrote:
thanks, i got a couple of spare camshafts so ima try it, i looked it up and i think ima add .020 to it for longer duration
Very Happy awsome cant wait to hear your mower run with the camshaft
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: "Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video)   "Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video) Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2013, 8:42 pm

Sad people ive got bad news sarge got hurt in a big mud battle i dont think he will run again ) anywho heres what happend i went to a freinds house who has a "pond" and :/ well he floats his atv across all the time so i stuck the snorkel back on sarge and i was almost out of the pond when it was like the mower went up in flames there was so much smoke the engine block had cracked at the govenor arm so he now leaks oil everytime it is started so he is in need of a heart transplant if i can find a opposed twin or vtwin ima get it but if anyone knows where i can get a good running engine please let me know but sarge had to be pulled home buy a honda rancher 420 Sad i think that that was the worse thing about it so yea if you know where i can get a good running mower engine PLEASE let me know i live in haddock georgia im closer to macon georgia ive looked all over craigslist but most engines are really far from macon
Back to top Go down
richie thomas
Veteran Member
richie thomas
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: "Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video)   "Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video) Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2013, 10:27 pm

ill see if i can find you one man, your not that far from me, i have a great aunt and uncle that live in haddock, like i said, ill keep my ears to the ground for ya
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: "Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video)   "Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video) Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2013, 12:49 am

richie thomas wrote:
ill see if i can find you one man, your not that far from me, i have a great aunt and uncle that live in haddock, like i said, ill keep my ears to the ground for ya
thanks a lot btw I live on 5th road in haddock and before I got to bed here is a small up date I cleaned up the side of the engine to see how bad it was and well it looks like it cracked all the way the the bottom cover I drained what was left of the oil and I did a small jb weld fix so I can make a video Monday of it runing I may even make a small driveway run that's if the jb weld held up
Back to top Go down
richie thomas
Veteran Member
richie thomas
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: "Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video)   "Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video) Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2013, 1:10 am

ive seen jb weld hold some amazing stuff lol there is a ranger around dublin some where that i jb welded a hole in the tranny closed lol Smile its still hling, guy never has any problems, he also doesnt know it ever messed up Razz
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: "Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video)   "Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video) Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2013, 3:03 pm

Mine is painted army green. I had a similar Briggs OHV engine and it never ran right. I've since put an Apposed twin in the mower. I'd say, Go with some kind of flathead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video)   "Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Sarge" the offroad mud mower (with video)
Page 1 of 1