All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off is almost HALF WAY!! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
The forum is getting a minor face-lift. We hope you like it. Details here: Facelifting the Forum

Share | 

We need an official app! *Not possible*

Go down 
AuthorMessage
13mudman13
Apprentice
Apprentice

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: We need an official app! *Not possible*   Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:40 pm

Don't you all think you need an app? I think so, tell me your thoughts

Doug Fackler (Admin) wrote:
Unfortunately, the host does not support Tapatalk. You will have to use the mobile version of the site or view it in desktop mode on your mobile device.
Back to top Go down
mudmonkey06
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:20 pm

if there was an app for this then there would officially be an app for everything
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:38 pm

@mudmonkey06 wrote:
if there was an app for this then there would officially be an app for everything

There is!

And Tapatalk app is forums gathered in an easy bundle, actually I looked there for forums before anything.

My Vintage John Deere 110, 1967 model
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down
13mudman13
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:12 pm

By you I meant the atltf
Back to top Go down
Doug
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 35

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:21 pm

Tapatalk is fairly good for forums, if its compatible. I prefer web browsers though, even if its on mobile.

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

2018 Build Off Entry Commissionaire - Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875, @MightyRaze
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21

Back to top Go down
cumminsbayou
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:40 pm

a free app Very Happy
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:02 am

bumping this for some fresh ideas, I 100% agree on this...

ATLTF.com Facebook admin - Forum Mod
whos mans is this
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:48 am

maybe not so much an app, but a voice chat client organized much like the forum is, so we can vocally discuss our ideas... I'll look into it, maybe sponsor a ventrilo server for us all. Smile
Back to top Go down
motorizedeverything
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:22 am

prometheusEDI wrote:
maybe not so much an app, but a voice chat client organized much like the forum is, so we can vocally discuss our ideas... I'll look into it, maybe sponsor a ventrilo server for us all. Smile

good idea edi
Back to top Go down
dylansrockinrigs
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:33 am

yes we do!
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Veteran
Veteran

Forum Rep : 1

PostSubject: Yes   Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:09 pm

I already PMed JunkStarbuilds, he said
@Junkstarbuilds wrote:
Not me personally, but anyone who can is more tha welcome to try
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:19 pm

@craftsmancole wrote:
I already PMed JunkStarbuilds, he said
@Junkstarbuilds wrote:
Not me personally, but anyone who can is more tha welcome to try

Try what an app or a voice chat host?

I'm not for a public voice chat cause it might kill the fact that people will post posts on the forum. There is already many links, discussiins and pics daily being posted on the chat here thats "lost" if you know what i mean to the general public and info that might be useful to them, they will never see.

Tho an app would be awesome.

Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Veteran
Veteran

Forum Rep : 1

PostSubject: re   Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:49 pm

An app
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:53 am

@Thunderdivine wrote:

I'm not for a public voice chat cause it might kill the fact that people will post posts on the forum. There is already many links, discussiins and pics daily being posted on the chat here thats "lost" if you know what i mean to the general public and info that might be useful to them, they will never see.

There's an interesting discussion here, something I have thought of quite alot-

When you have NO chat feature, you tend to end up with a LOT of filler posts. Basically a discussion in a thread. It is not necessarily a bad thing, but can make for a long thread, in between the "important" posts. Having a chat can cut down on the inconsequential stuff. On the other hand- having too much stuff go straight to chat can leave threads pretty bare and devoid of info. The more good info that makes it to a thread, the more reference material future thread readers have to go off. Example- Thunder and I were talking recently, and he asked what sort of fittings he needed to extend and reconfigure his oil drain plug. Sure enough, we figured out what he needed. Good. However, he also posed the question in his thread. If it ALL stayed in chat (I DID go back and post in his thread) then the next guy that came along would not be able to find the answer! FWIW, somebody else (brain cramp as to who) also answered in his thread, but that doesn't always happen...

One thing that IS good about a chat feature, is tech-support-on-the-fly. It's good when you can get someone on live, and you can say "try this", "try that" etc, and do troubleshooting in real time.

I guess what I'm getting at here is that there is a fundamental reason that forums exist in the format that they do, and I don't think we want to lose sight of that. I belong to a couple of other (not necessarily related) forums that are like ghost towns- people actually post things from once every day or two, to once every few weeks! Totally pointless, and I don't hardly go there anymore...

Put down the wrench, and come out with your hands up!-Doc "Tranny Crusher" Sprocket, ATLTF Forum Admin, Thinkerer and Tinkerer, and all-around good dood. Wink

Gen. Mayhem- http://www.atltf.com/t2597-general-mayhem-race-tractor
MULE- http://www.atltf.com/t2153-lawn-boy-utltv
MULEII- http://www.atltf.com/t3328-1970-john-deere-112-the-beginnings-of-mule-ii
MULEIII http://www.atltf.com/t4263-mule3-brainstorming-ideas-etc#58287
Wrench, Wheel, Wreck, Repeat...
Back to top Go down
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:55 pm

Chat mods and mods in general, when in chat, should be observing chat topics and encourage members to post threads when a topic comes up in chat that should be recorded as a forum thread

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:21 pm

A very good point, and duly noted.

Put down the wrench, and come out with your hands up!-Doc "Tranny Crusher" Sprocket, ATLTF Forum Admin, Thinkerer and Tinkerer, and all-around good dood. Wink

MULEII- http://www.atltf.com/t3328-1970-john-deere-112-the-beginnings-of-mule-ii
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:58 pm

@Doc Sprocket wrote:
@Thunderdivine wrote:

There's an interesting discussion here, something I have thought of quite alot-

When you have NO chat feature, you tend to end up with a LOT of filler posts. Basically a discussion in a thread. It is not necessarily a bad thing, but can make for a long thread, in between the "important" posts. Having a chat can cut down on the inconsequential stuff. On the other hand- having too much stuff go straight to chat can leave threads pretty bare and devoid of info. The more good info that makes it to a thread, the more reference material future thread readers have to go off. Example- Thunder and I were talking recently, and he asked what sort of fittings he needed to extend and reconfigure his oil drain plug. Sure enough, we figured out what he needed. Good. However, he also posed the question in his thread. If it ALL stayed in chat (I DID go back and post in his thread) then the next guy that came along would not be able to find the answer! FWIW, somebody else (brain cramp as to who) also answered in his thread, but that doesn't always happen...

One thing that IS good about a chat feature, is tech-support-on-the-fly. It's good when you can get someone on live, and you can say "try this", "try that" etc, and do troubleshooting in real time.

I guess what I'm getting at here is that there is a fundamental reason that forums exist in the format that they do, and I don't think we want to lose sight of that. I belong to a couple of other (not necessarily related) forums that are like ghost towns- people actually post things from once every day or two, to once every few weeks! Totally pointless, and I don't hardly go there anymore...

I agree, but this was about a voice chat and not a typing chat like we have today.

Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:07 pm

Of that, I am aware. But I do think that a lot of it boils down to the same thing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We need an official app! *Not possible*   

Back to top Go down

We need an official app! *Not possible*
Page 1 of 1