All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - 10/7/2017 @ 8:00pm EST .
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off ends in two months! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!
We now have a Discord chat server! Contact Doug for an invite link!

Share | 

ATV rearend question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
redneck999
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: ATV rearend question   Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:36 pm

Could a rearend from a atv(kawasaki 220 bayou 2wd drive) i believe it is shaft drive. My idea was to lift a mower and chain drive the trans to a live axle, but could you reangle the kaw rearend up and attatch a shaft to the mower trans?
Back to top Go down
Murray modder
Skilled
Skilled

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: ATV rearend question   Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:46 pm

redneck999 wrote:
Could a rearend from a atv(kawasaki 220 bayou 2wd drive) i believe it is shaft drive. My idea was to lift a mower and chain drive the trans to a live axle, but could you reangle the kaw rearend up and attatch a shaft to the mower trans?
That would take a lot more bracing than a mere lifted mower, and it would definitely need a total for 4 sprockets...2 on the transaxle, and 2 on the axle..not to mention youd need bearings and all that for the new axle.
Back to top Go down

ATV rearend question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1