All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Front Suspension

Go down 
+12
CornShuck4CE
Doc Sprocket
k2500life
FOSWMT
redlinemotorsportts
dked41
richie thomas
Thunderdivine
Doug
W1ldyOvvnZ
truckin42
Kel
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jamcco

front - Front Suspension - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front Suspension   front - Front Suspension - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2014, 8:38 pm

ok thanks also do you know how much flex you have with the shocks (i have the same shocks laying around)
Back to top Go down
CornShuck4CE
CornShuck4CE

PostSubject: Re: Front Suspension   front - Front Suspension - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2014, 8:55 pm

Thanks red. Your leaf spring build really impressed me aswell. I wonted to be the first with a four linked lawnmower. I have plans for rear but that will take lots mor time an money. I ride this mowchine just about everyday. So it being down to do mods is hard.
As for the flex im not shure somewher around 8 inches i guess. It wasent really built to flex mostly for going fast in rough areas. More like a baja mower. For now it runs 30mph. But since the steering is so much tighter now i think im about to boost it up again. Maybe when i rebuild. The 820 ill do so. The front axel is also mounted in about a 10 degree towards the rear like a auto front axel. This allows the front tires to stay pounted forwards even with hands off the wheel and it will return to center from a turn. Never really looked at it as a baja but i guess it works.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Front Suspension   front - Front Suspension - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2014, 9:04 pm

CornShuck4CE wrote:
Thanks red. Your leaf spring build really impressed me aswell. I wonted to be the first with a four linked lawnmower. I have plans for rear but that will take lots mor time an money. I ride this mowchine just about everyday. So it being down to do mods is hard.
As for the flex im not shure somewher around 8 inches i guess. It wasent really built to flex mostly for going fast in rough areas. More like a baja mower. For now it runs 30mph. But since the steering is so much tighter now i think im about to boost it up again. Maybe when i rebuild. The 820 ill do so. The front axel is also mounted in about a 10 degree towards the rear like a auto front axel. This allows the front tires to stay pounted forwards even with hands off the wheel and it will return to center from a turn. Never really looked at it as a baja but i guess it works.
I was looking into 4 link myself because my leafs flex around a little to much. But the price of heims kinda push me away from doing it. how much, and what size were youre heim joints?
Back to top Go down
jamcco
jamcco

PostSubject: Re: Front Suspension   front - Front Suspension - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2014, 9:07 pm

cool and yah i am going for "baja" like performance right now. as my project sits i have plenty of of flex on the front axle, but the mower likes to 3 wheel the corners. when i say 3 wheel i mean i have to jump off of it to stop it from rolling. i dont want to lock the axle so i decided i wanted some shocks. the hydraulic car trunk shock setup works well at low speeds but not high speeds. i litterally looked at a mini quad i have lying around a year ago and thought of this design. im glad that some one else has used it and has had success with it. once again thanks for the pointers
Back to top Go down
CornShuck4CE
CornShuck4CE

PostSubject: Re: Front Suspension   front - Front Suspension - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2014, 9:40 pm

Thay are 3/8-24x3/8. I think they where around 4 dollers each with nuts 5 are righthand and 5 are lefthand. The bars are custom machined out of tool steel. ( what drill bits are made of. ) there very strong. The joints come from www.racingrodends.com
And if you would like any special pix just ask. I took it out riding april 19 and thrashed ot pritty good and held up like a champ. Id give myself a pat on the back but you guys are doin a great job. Soon as i get my internet back ill do a walk around and put it on youtube.
Back to top Go down
MurryMaddnes
MurryMaddnes

PostSubject: Re: Front Suspension   front - Front Suspension - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2014, 10:54 pm

I really like what you did with your front suspension I will stealing the idea in a way, there are several changes I would like to make but everything should work out as planned I hope. Thanks for posting this.
Back to top Go down
CornShuck4CE
CornShuck4CE

PostSubject: Re: Front Suspension   front - Front Suspension - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2014, 6:15 am

I would like to what changes you would make. It might be better than what iv done.
Back to top Go down
tanis
tanis

PostSubject: Re: Front Suspension   front - Front Suspension - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2014, 7:44 pm

im working on building a 4 link system right now this was very helpful to design mine
Back to top Go down
CornShuck4CE
CornShuck4CE

PostSubject: Re: Front Suspension   front - Front Suspension - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2014, 7:47 pm

Im going to start its own thread in a day or so
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front Suspension   front - Front Suspension - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front Suspension
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2