All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

14 hp tecumseh horizontal leaking oil out of top end Lend10PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inDiscordCountdown Timer14 hp tecumseh horizontal leaking oil out of top end Rend10
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!
2019 Top Tractor Challenge! Aug 17th and 18th! DETAILS HERE!

14 hp tecumseh horizontal leaking oil out of top end

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Minimechanic
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Minimechanic

Forum Rep : 0

14 hp tecumseh horizontal leaking oil out of top end Empty
PostSubject: 14 hp tecumseh horizontal leaking oil out of top end   14 hp tecumseh horizontal leaking oil out of top end Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 8:51 pm

I have a bolens h14 that i love to death but its leaking oil out of somewhere in the top end, the motor runs good and the oil level doesn't have any changes i can see, anybody know what this may be and if i should be worried?
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Administrator
Administrator
Doc Sprocket

Forum Rep : 19

PostSubject: Re: 14 hp tecumseh horizontal leaking oil out of top end   14 hp tecumseh horizontal leaking oil out of top end Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 6:22 pm

Give the engine a good cleaning and then run it like you normally would. Check back often, and it should only be a matter of time before you see the source of the leak.

Put down the wrench, and come out with your hands up!-Doc "Tranny Crusher" Sprocket, ATLTF Forum Admin, Thinkerer and Tinkerer, and all-around good dood. Wink

Gen. Mayhem- http://www.atltf.com/t2597-general-mayhem-race-tractor
MULE- http://www.atltf.com/t2153-lawn-boy-utltv
MULEII- http://www.atltf.com/t3328-1970-john-deere-112-the-beginnings-of-mule-ii
MULEIII http://www.atltf.com/t4263-mule3-brainstorming-ideas-etc#58287
Wrench, Wheel, Wreck, Repeat...
Back to top Go down
truckin42
Expert
Expert
truckin42

PostSubject: Re: 14 hp tecumseh horizontal leaking oil out of top end   14 hp tecumseh horizontal leaking oil out of top end Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 7:10 pm

@Minimechanic wrote:
I have a bolens h14 that i love to death but its leaking oil out of somewhere in the top end, the motor runs good and the oil level doesn't have any changes i can see, anybody know what this may be and if i should be worried?
Mabe the seal is bad undernethe the flywheel causing it to leak oil.
Back to top Go down
Minimechanic
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Minimechanic

PostSubject: Re: 14 hp tecumseh horizontal leaking oil out of top end   14 hp tecumseh horizontal leaking oil out of top end Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 4:50 pm

I found out that the o-ring is bad on the bottom part of the valve vent (its a horazontal shaft) so im not really going to change anything but i MIGHT put an atv exhaust on it because it sticks out the side then points forward and the packing is shot in it. So maybe a stock atv exhaust would make it sound sick
Back to top Go down
truckin42
Expert
Expert
truckin42

PostSubject: Re: 14 hp tecumseh horizontal leaking oil out of top end   14 hp tecumseh horizontal leaking oil out of top end Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 8:06 pm

@Minimechanic wrote:
I found out that the o-ring is bad on the bottom part of the valve vent (its a horazontal shaft) so im not really going to change anything but i MIGHT put an atv exhaust on it because it sticks out the side then points forward and the packing is shot in it. So maybe a stock atv exhaust would make it sound sick
Yeah it should almost sound like a atv.
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
Thunderdivine

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: 14 hp tecumseh horizontal leaking oil out of top end   14 hp tecumseh horizontal leaking oil out of top end Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 12:11 pm

What oil are you running and can it handle it? If you run synthetic oil make sure the rubber seals are made for it. All newer engines should be fine. But synthetic is a killer for older engines.

Seals should be Nitrile Rubber IF you use Synthetic Oil.

My Vintage John Deere 110, 1967 model
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 14 hp tecumseh horizontal leaking oil out of top end   14 hp tecumseh horizontal leaking oil out of top end Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

14 hp tecumseh horizontal leaking oil out of top end
Page 1 of 1