All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Project Super Sport Mower

Go down 
+15
motorizedeverything
mudmonkey06
k2500life
dylansrockinrigs
Murray modder
MowBandit
truckin42
Chopperhed
Thunderdivine
Stretch44875
WellThatsSurprising
Doug
TheRainbowBoxer
redlinemotorsportts
goesman
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
k2500life
Veteran Member

Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Project Super Sport Mower - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Super Sport Mower   Project Super Sport Mower - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2013, 10:09 pm

Yep
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastdropgarage.com
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Project Super Sport Mower   Project Super Sport Mower - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2013, 10:45 pm

I have a question about the general super 4 cb's. My friend has a cb750 he wants to put inn a reverse trike, home made . to get the motor running what do you need wiring wise, I know you need coil packs but what do all of those connect to? We know we need a starting solenoid, he has a control box for kill switches and starting. Where are the killwires connected to?
Back to top Go down
goesman
goesman

PostSubject: Re: Project Super Sport Mower   Project Super Sport Mower - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2013, 11:57 pm

redlinemotorsportts wrote:
I have a question about the general super 4 cb's. My friend has a cb750 he wants to put inn a reverse trike, home made . to get the motor running what do you need wiring wise, I know you need coil packs but what do all of those connect to? We know we need a starting solenoid, he has a control box for kill switches and starting. Where are the killwires connected to?

Yes that is easy. Of you take of the round cover on the right hand side of the motor you will find the points. If i remember right the points on the right hand side of the shaft are for cylinders 1 and 4 (the outside ones). And the points on the right are for 2 and 3 (inside cylinders).

You run a wire from each point to a coils negative side, alot of times its not marked so just hook them up. then you run a wire from the battery to both coils positive side. Your kill switch will be on the wire coming from the battery to the coils.

Then yeah you need a solenoid and that's it.

if you want pictures i can get you some tomorrow after work.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Project Super Sport Mower   Project Super Sport Mower - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2013, 12:06 am

goesman wrote:

Yes that is easy.  Of you take of the round cover on the right hand side of the motor you will find the points.  If i remember right the points on the right hand side of the shaft are for cylinders 1 and 4 (the outside ones).  And the points on the right are for 2 and 3 (inside cylinders).

You run a wire from each point to a coils negative side, alot of times its not marked so just hook them up.  then you run a wire from the battery to both coils positive side.  Your kill switch will be on the wire coming from the battery to the coils.

Thank you lots. My friend is pondering over some ideas with the motor and just wants to figure out how to get it running, and you really helped, thanks. Ill talk to him and see what he wants to do sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Project Super Sport Mower   Project Super Sport Mower - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2013, 9:07 pm

goesman wrote:

Yes that is easy.  Of you take of the round cover on the right hand side of the motor you will find the points.  If i remember right the points on the right hand side of the shaft are for cylinders 1 and 4 (the outside ones).  And the points on the right are for 2 and 3 (inside cylinders).

You run a wire from each point to a coils negative side, alot of times its not marked so just hook them up.  then you run a wire from the battery to both coils positive side.  Your kill switch will be on the wire coming from the battery to the coils.

Its been a few years, but that sounds right.

the solenoid can be skipped. I used a 60 amp pushbutton wired direct to the starter, works great.

Also, if you want a charging circuit, these things need a power wire from the battery to excite the field coil. a regulator/rectifier is also required
Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
goesman
goesman

PostSubject: Re: Project Super Sport Mower   Project Super Sport Mower - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2013, 9:55 pm

Got a good day of work in on the SS mower today. I worked mostly on the wiring and trying to figure out how i am going to hook up the clutch. I have the brakes all done. I am very close to having this thing done. If i play my cards right i could be trashing tires on it in the next couple of weeks easy.

I have a new video on my youtube channel explaining the exhaust and brakes.

Man i cant wait to take it for a ride!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Project Super Sport Mower   Project Super Sport Mower - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2013, 10:30 pm

personally for me, I have a cb400 twin in my garage, no carbs, no exhust manifolds, no coils. I was in the junkyard and saw cb450's and cb350s. both engine look like the carbs will fit up to my rubber boots, but would I have to buy correct jets for it? do you think a cb450-350 carb set would work?
Back to top Go down
goesman
goesman

PostSubject: Re: Project Super Sport Mower   Project Super Sport Mower - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2013, 1:01 am

It would be worth a try. It would run on those carbs, but it probably would not run as good as it should. Jet kits are pretty cheap on ebay if you wanted to go that route. I would imagine that the carbs are the same, a lot of times Honda used the same motor just with a different cylinder bore to have different sizes. Like my 550 is the same as the 500 and 650, just different bores and cams is the main difference.
I would love to have a twin to put on a go kart.

Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Project Super Sport Mower   Project Super Sport Mower - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2013, 2:45 am

goesman wrote:
It would be worth a try.  It would run on those carbs, but it probably would not run as good as it should.  Jet kits are pretty cheap on ebay if you wanted to go that route.   I would imagine that the carbs are the same, a lot of times Honda used the same motor just with a different cylinder bore to have different sizes.  Like my 550 is the same as the 500 and 650, just different bores and cams is the main difference.
I would love to have a twin to put on a go kart.  

Same, I can see where your coming from with the idea of factories saving money and just punching out the same block to something bigger. looks like im on the hunt for carbs Very Happy thanks again
Back to top Go down
goesman
goesman

PostSubject: Super sport Craftsman up and running   Project Super Sport Mower - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2013, 5:14 pm

I have been a busy person lately.  I have had any updates lately but i have been hard at work on the craftsman.  Its up and running now, its a scary ride but a very good one.  I have only got brave enough to hit third gear so far.  I have no idea how fast it is yet but its fast for a mower.  It handles very well, corners are no problem and the steering is great.  Only things i need to do to it now is finish up some wiring and tweak the brakes a bit. So far so good, maybe some day i will stretch the things legs and see what it will do.

Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Project Super Sport Mower   Project Super Sport Mower - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2013, 5:24 pm

That things got balls! Is there any problems? And how fast have you got it?
Back to top Go down
k2500life
Veteran Member
k2500life
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Project Super Sport Mower   Project Super Sport Mower - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2013, 9:43 pm

Awesome cant wait to do mine!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastdropgarage.com
WellThatsSurprising
WellThatsSurprising

PostSubject: Re: Project Super Sport Mower   Project Super Sport Mower - Page 3 Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2013, 8:43 am

I might be coming down to Missouri sometime in the next few months, You willing to let a fellow forum member light it up? Give me a long stretch of road and I'll see where she tops out Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
tractor_guy
tractor_guy

PostSubject: Re: Project Super Sport Mower   Project Super Sport Mower - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2013, 7:39 am

"You've lost your mind. I love it, I hope you never find it."
-Counts Customs.
Back to top Go down
goesman
goesman

PostSubject: Re: Project Super Sport Mower   Project Super Sport Mower - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2014, 10:30 pm

Hello every one. its been some time since i have been on. I have been really busy, started a new business that is finally getting off the ground. not to mention the my wife and kids keeping me running.

Thought i would let you all know what became of the super sport craftsman. I still have it, not in one piece at this moment. I have not rode it in a long time, why you ask. Well come to find out lawnmower tires try there hardest to blow up 60MPH. Just when i would get in fifth gear and barely on the throttle i would run in to problems with the tires. I am very positive that it has a 100MPH in the thing with better tires on it and bigger balls on me. A lawnmower at that speed is not a natural feeling, its more like hang on for dear life and hope you don't die.

I did have a bit of a miss hap on it . I had one of those hey watch this moments (dumb on my part) and hammered the throttle causing it to spin around and roll over. i came out with a few scratches and bruises. The hood took most of the damage. but it also broke the clutch lever on the shifter and a part that held the steering shaft and bent the tie rod.. That was a few months ago and the last time i have been on it.

I did start it up today and started doing some thinking about what to do differently. One is drop the cash for real good tires, two don't be an idiot on some thing that crazy.

I have a new project in the works and will do some posting of it as soon as i get every thing in the shop and ready to get started on.

Thanks guys.
Daniel
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Project Super Sport Mower   Project Super Sport Mower - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2014, 10:01 am

Thanks for coming back and filling us in as I'm a big fan of this build. Hope you get it fixed and get a little time to enjoy it. Defiantly one bad mower.
Back to top Go down
goesman
goesman

PostSubject: Re: Project Super Sport Mower   Project Super Sport Mower - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2014, 8:16 am

Thanks, glad to be back.
Back to top Go down
partin_us_99

PostSubject: Re: Project Super Sport Mower   Project Super Sport Mower - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2014, 11:51 am

Ready to see it goin again lol. I'm workin on a speed AND monster mower projects at the moment.
Back to top Go down
nomajhondeere
nomajhondeere

PostSubject: seewt   Project Super Sport Mower - Page 3 Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2014, 5:06 pm

keep it up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Super Sport Mower   Project Super Sport Mower - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project Super Sport Mower
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3