All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!
 
Crap, crap, crap Lend10PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inDiscordCountdown TimerCrap, crap, crap Rend10
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!

Share
 

 Crap, crap, crap

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chopperhed
Moderator
Moderator
Chopperhed

Age : 53
Join date : 2012-10-14
Posts : 801
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Eh!

Crap, crap, crap Empty
PostSubject: Crap, crap, crap   Crap, crap, crap Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 8:44 pm

aw crap.

31 years accident free driving, 26 years since my last ticket.

all shot to crap in a moment.

Rear ended a minivan today, low speed, 20mph no one hurt, but a couple of grand in damage. got a ticket for following to close.

There goes my insurance rates.
Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
Doug
Administrator
Administrator
Doug

Age : 24
Join date : 2012-12-24
Posts : 2891
Forum Rep : 48
Location : Lebanon County, PA

Crap, crap, crap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap, crap, crap   Crap, crap, crap Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 8:46 pm

I got talked to by a Sheriff today for driving my tractor in town. Not pulled over, just talked to. Guess thats the end of that.

_______________________________________________
Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_


Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21




Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Administrator
Administrator
Doc Sprocket

Age : 46
Join date : 2013-04-21
Posts : 2911
Forum Rep : 19
Location : Ontario Canada

Crap, crap, crap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap, crap, crap   Crap, crap, crap Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 9:37 pm

I feel your pain. Last week, I got my first ticket in 17 years. Honestly, I speed regularly. Not insane, just 10-20K over the limit. But- I had spent all day working outside in the heat, and simply... wasn't... paying... attention in a known hot zone. Dammit!

_______________________________________________
***Get YOUR official "Doc Locked, And Ready To Rock!" Stickers by clicking here!***
***Official Sprocket's Garage vinyl graphics and tees for sale HERE!***
Crap, crap, crap Facebo12
Put down the wrench, and come out with your hands up!-Doc "Tranny Crusher" Sprocket, ATLTF Forum Admin, Thinkerer and Tinkerer, and all-around good dood. Wink

Gen. Mayhem- http://www.atltf.com/t2597-general-mayhem-race-tractor
MULE- http://www.atltf.com/t2153-lawn-boy-utltv
MULEII- http://www.atltf.com/t3328-1970-john-deere-112-the-beginnings-of-mule-ii
MULEIII http://www.atltf.com/t4263-mule3-brainstorming-ideas-etc#58287
Wrench, Wheel, Wreck, Repeat...
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
Skilled
Skilled
W1ldyOvvnZ

Age : 23
Join date : 2011-12-06
Posts : 499
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Winchester, ON, Canada

Crap, crap, crap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap, crap, crap   Crap, crap, crap Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 11:27 pm

woah sucks for that! i dont really want to get in an accident anytime soon:P my insurance rates are high enough as a Teenager, hopefully your insurance doesn't go up too much but i guess if it does you can look on the bright side, its not as high as some peoples rates.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
MowBandit
Skilled
Skilled
MowBandit

Age : 23
Join date : 2013-03-16
Posts : 477
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Haddock,Georgia

Crap, crap, crap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap, crap, crap   Crap, crap, crap Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 2:33 pm

that sucks :l i god rearended on jan 8th and it wasnt that bad the girl was texting and driving she had no license she had a perment and no adult was with her but she was doing 30 in a 15mph school zone and hit my van i felt bad for here little ford ranger my van's bumper didnt get hurt much but her little truck was bad it broke the engine mounts busted her rad and bent the frame well thats what the insurance company told me i think if i didnt have my tow hitch on i think it wouldnt of messed up that truck as bad
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Moderator
Moderator
Chopperhed

Age : 53
Join date : 2012-10-14
Posts : 801
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Eh!

Crap, crap, crap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap, crap, crap   Crap, crap, crap Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 8:01 pm

Went out and got some estimates today,

It's a write off, repairs will be more than the van is worth if I get it done at a bodyshop.

I'm going to take a look at what I would need to fix it here.

Wouldn't be the first time I've jacked out a body panel.
Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
MowBandit
Skilled
Skilled
MowBandit

Age : 23
Join date : 2013-03-16
Posts : 477
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Haddock,Georgia

Crap, crap, crap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap, crap, crap   Crap, crap, crap Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 8:05 pm

@Chopperhed wrote:
Went out and got some estimates today,

It's a write off, repairs will be more than the van is worth if I get it done at a bodyshop.

I'm going to take a look at what I would need to fix it here.

Wouldn't be the first time I've jacked out a body panel.

thats good news man Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Moderator
Moderator
Chopperhed

Age : 53
Join date : 2012-10-14
Posts : 801
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Eh!

Crap, crap, crap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap, crap, crap   Crap, crap, crap Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 8:25 pm

Jay_Rod wrote:
@Chopperhed wrote:
Went out and got some estimates today,

It's a write off, repairs will be more than the van is worth if I get it done at a bodyshop.

I'm going to take a look at what I would need to fix it here.

Wouldn't be the first time I've jacked out a body panel.

thats good news man Very Happy

Not Really, if I go through insurance and take the pay out, my rates go through the roof, and I have to come up with the balance to buy a newer vehicle. Probably a couple grand plus the 500 deductible.

I can buy a newer van outright for a little more, and save my rates,

Or I can fix it myself. for a few hundred bucks, and put up with slightly mismatched paint. Only painted parts are the bumper and hood.
Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
Doug
Administrator
Administrator
Doug

Age : 24
Join date : 2012-12-24
Posts : 2891
Forum Rep : 48
Location : Lebanon County, PA

Crap, crap, crap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap, crap, crap   Crap, crap, crap Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 8:37 pm

@Chopperhed wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:
@Chopperhed wrote:
Went out and got some estimates today,

It's a write off, repairs will be more than the van is worth if I get it done at a bodyshop.

I'm going to take a look at what I would need to fix it here.

Wouldn't be the first time I've jacked out a body panel.

thats good news man Very Happy

Not Really, if I go through insurance and take the pay out, my rates go through the roof, and I have to come up with the balance to buy a newer vehicle. Probably a couple grand plus the 500 deductible.

I can buy a newer van outright for a little more, and save my rates,

Or I can fix it myself. for a few hundred bucks, and put up with slightly mismatched paint. Only painted parts are the bumper and hood.

Thats why I want a classic truck. Nothing a bit of sheetmetal and bondo cant fix.

_______________________________________________
Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_


Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21




Back to top Go down
MowBandit
Skilled
Skilled
MowBandit

Age : 23
Join date : 2013-03-16
Posts : 477
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Haddock,Georgia

Crap, crap, crap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap, crap, crap   Crap, crap, crap Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 9:06 pm

Doug Fackler wrote:
@Chopperhed wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:
@Chopperhed wrote:
Went out and got some estimates today,

It's a write off, repairs will be more than the van is worth if I get it done at a bodyshop.

I'm going to take a look at what I would need to fix it here.

Wouldn't be the first time I've jacked out a body panel.

thats good news man Very Happy

Not Really, if I go through insurance and take the pay out, my rates go through the roof, and I have to come up with the balance to buy a newer vehicle. Probably a couple grand plus the 500 deductible.

I can buy a newer van outright for a little more, and save my rates,

Or I can fix it myself. for a few hundred bucks, and put up with slightly mismatched paint. Only painted parts are the bumper and hood.

Thats why I want a classic truck. Nothing a bit of sheetmetal and bondo cant
fix.
AMEN to that lol
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Moderator
Moderator
Chopperhed

Age : 53
Join date : 2012-10-14
Posts : 801
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Eh!

Crap, crap, crap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap, crap, crap   Crap, crap, crap Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:24 pm

Here's the Kicker. I have full collision coverage, so I went out and got some estimates.

Started at 2400, and ran up to 6500.

The van with the mileage and options, is only worth 4500 with a good interior.

My interior is shot, since I gutted the seats and seatbelts, and use it as a shop truck, toy hauler and camper.

I figure I could have got 2200 from the Insurance, and I'd be out a set of wheels that I really like.

The van just kicked over 120k miles, (200K Klicks), it runs great, and is solid otherwise.

I cant get a newer van with less miles. their just aren't any around privately.

yada yada yada, and I decided to screw the insurance, and fix it myself.

cost me 147.79, and an hour, to strip bumper, grille and hood from a donor. The OL volunteered to help

The bumper is a perfect match on the paint color, good enuff for me, got a new grill, and a spare hood.

took me 4 hours to swap out the parts, hydraulically pull the rad support straight, and reassemble.

screw the collision, I aint paying for it any more.




Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
mudmonkey06
Skilled
Skilled
mudmonkey06

Age : 23
Join date : 2013-03-18
Posts : 326
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Rindge, NH

Crap, crap, crap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap, crap, crap   Crap, crap, crap Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:21 am

what kind of van do you have?
Back to top Go down
xxXMowerdudeXxx
Veteran
Veteran


Join date : 2013-01-28
Posts : 599
Forum Rep : 0

Crap, crap, crap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap, crap, crap   Crap, crap, crap Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 9:18 am

Nice guys
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Moderator
Moderator
Chopperhed

Age : 53
Join date : 2012-10-14
Posts : 801
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Eh!

Crap, crap, crap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap, crap, crap   Crap, crap, crap Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 8:14 pm

@mudmonkey06 wrote:
what kind of van do you have?

Its a 99 GMC Safari, same as the Chev Astro
Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
Sponsored content




Crap, crap, crap Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap, crap, crap   Crap, crap, crap Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Crap, crap, crap
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» UTV Crap Seat Bases
» Crap, crap, crap
» SOME CLOWN GETS PAID TO WRITE THIS CRAP.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: