All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Sarge offroad/mud mower

Go down 
+12
k2500life
Ariens YT11
craftsmancole
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
mudmonkey06
Chopperhed
TheRainbowBoxer
Doug
truckin42
redlinemotorsportts
Doc Sprocket
MowBandit
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2013, 12:30 pm

Doc Sprocket wrote:
This oughta be interesting! What modifications do you plan to make to the engine to deal with the air boost?
when i rebuilt my carb i started to think about the smog pump supercharger idea well while i had the carb apart i did a few internal mods bigger jets so it does run rich right now as idle and a little bit rich at max throttle so this should fix it going lean with 6psi running thru the engine nd the reason for my stock heads insted of my shaved ones is the compression if i keep the shaved heads i would of blew the head gasket in less then a hour thats why im running stock heads but i did have the engine ported and polished a few weeks ago i had a pro look at it and he told me 40hp is what im pushing with these mods if i added a turbo and got billet rods and a flywheel i could push 50+hp but he recommended the smogpump idea because i already have a bigger cam in the engine and i might run a small heater core for a intercooler (since im going with the smogpump he sees my HP being around 45-47HP depending on the boost 47hp at 8psi 45 at 5psi)
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2013, 12:33 pm

truckin42 wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:
truckin42 wrote:
Also i was thinkin you should build a full engine cage for that.
why would i do that lol??? theres no need for it i dont see me flipping again unless im drunk (might happen)
True and it would make it even more tighter in the engine bay.

I like the idea of a smog pump for turbo.
its not like using a turbo. a turbo is ran off the exhaust but a supercharger is ran off the engine's crankshaft so its like a supercharger lol
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2013, 11:48 pm

well i had to do somework on that smogpump come to find out 2 of the rollers on the bearing on the front where seized so i had to fill it up with oil and let her sit then i drained it and turned it over and it worked like a new pump it even feels like its blowing more air out since i unseized the bearings lol
Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Img_2056
Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Img_2057
did a little test fitting
Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Img_2058
i got alot of leg room still if i do it like this and that golden piece is the output so the tubing/pvc will get hooked up there then plumbed into the intake
Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Img_2059
i couldnt shut my hood so couldnt get a good look at it with the hood closed
Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Img_2060
i might relocate my gastank under my seat and put the smog pump there chances of that are slim but this is how ill run the intake hose that the pump needs and ima run theout let hose to pvc then to the intake Very Happy
Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Img_2061

Back to top Go down
mudmonkey06
mudmonkey06

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 6:13 am

thats looking cool. good job.

i like the idea with the pump
Back to top Go down
truckin42
Veteran Member
truckin42
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 9:20 am

Yeah i would relocat the gas tank and mount the pump there, but it looks good and fit snugley.
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 1:42 pm

i really dont have anywhere to relocate my fuel tank so i think it might stay where it is also ima run 98 fuel in it to this should be the best running opposesd twin out there lol
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: gastank   Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 2:13 pm

If you lived in Florida I would give you my spare GT 5000 tank and fenders, but I live a ways from Georgia.
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 3:35 pm

craftsmancole wrote:
If you lived in Florida I would give you my spare GT 5000 tank and fenders, but I live a ways from Georgia.
lol yea im a little over 8 hours from you
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 11:31 pm

Well i got around to starting up sarge you can really hear the cam in this video and it is runnign a bit rich at idle so it wanted to stall but hat wont happen when i get the supercharger on it the rev was only half throttle couldnt go to 4500 because dont have a tach hooked up
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2013, 2:50 pm

drive sarge today and noticed alot is wrong with the steering the max speed was 25mph and the steering with the rubber bushings suck so im gonna work on it some more and grease the bushings
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2013, 4:55 pm

Dang, that sounds mean! Nice work!
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2013, 5:15 pm

Doc Sprocket wrote:
Dang, that sounds mean! Nice work!
Wink thanx doc thats what a oppy sounds like when you have a custom cam made lolill try to get video of it running when i get gas
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2013, 8:02 pm

got to drive sarge with the new frontend for a little bit and i thought i was in 5th but i was only in 3rd the whole time so i do 25mph in 3rd so i wonder what i could do in 5th but my i can only go into 3rd it wont let me go into 4th or 5th so im thinking my shift linkage is messed up :/
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2013, 8:05 pm

Jay_Rod wrote:
got to drive sarge with the new frontend for a little bit and i thought i was in 5th but i was only in 3rd the whole time so i do 25mph in 3rd so i wonder what i could do in 5th but my i can only go into 3rd it wont let me go into 4th or 5th so im thinking my shift linkage is messed up :/
Pshh if you had custom shifting linkage like mine you wouldn't have a problem! LOL Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2013, 8:09 pm

redlinemotorsportts wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:
Pshh if you had custom shifting linkage like mine you wouldn't have a problem! LOL Razz Razz
Razz nah its not like that its something to do with my shift keys again ive had nothen but probloms with them :l
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2013, 9:22 pm

Jay_Rod wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:
Razz nah its not like that its something to do with my shift keys again ive had nothen but probloms with them :l

What's with the shift key issue? Are the inside bores of the gears good? Shifting on the fly? Slop in the shafts?
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2013, 11:05 pm

Doc Sprocket wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:

What's with the shift key issue? Are the inside bores of the gears good? Shifting on the fly? Slop in the shafts?
last year i ran sarge to hard i was pulling a atv trying to pull start it i got up to 5th then he reseased his clutch and the atv almost started and i down shifted to 4th without usig my clutch and the transaxle seized then it broke loose when i floored it and it stopped workin period i borke a shift key off in 4th and the bore is really messed up like just not work fixing it at all when the shift key broke the key litarly did a 360 spin inside the bore so 4th has never worked the same lol
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2013, 2:24 pm

i didnt feel like taken pics so i took video of rebuilding sarge's frontend after i took her for a romp over some logs and the frontend wanted to twist a bit so lol the problom was i for got to tighten it up all the way (learn form your misstakes) so i took off the front end with the help from my freinds and we got the front end fixxed also i did what doc told me to and i greased up the front axle:) please dont mind my messed up hair XD

Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2013, 5:42 pm

Jay_Rod wrote:
Doc Sprocket wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:

last year i ran sarge to hard i was pulling a atv trying to pull start it i got up to 5th then he reseased his clutch and the atv almost started and i down shifted to 4th without usig my clutch and the transaxle seized then it broke loose when i floored it and it stopped workin period i borke a shift key off in 4th and the bore is really messed up like just not work fixing it at all when the shift key broke the key litarly did a 360 spin inside the bore so 4th has never worked the same lol

Assuming it's a Peerless (is it?) I strongly advise against shifting on the fly, especially downshifting. I know some guys will say it's okay, I say it ain't. Especially when you have a heavier machine, bigger tires, greater speeds, etc. There is no synchro mechanism, it's just simply not designed for that...
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2013, 6:05 pm

Doc Sprocket wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:
Doc Sprocket wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:
Jay_Rod wrote:

Assuming it's a Peerless (is it?) I strongly advise against shifting on the fly, especially downshifting. I know some guys will say it's okay, I say it ain't. Especially when you have a heavier machine, bigger tires, greater speeds, etc. There is no synchro mechanism, it's just simply not designed for that...
nah its no peerless its a old 4360 spicer i always shift on the fly but down shifting is something i dont do much unless im leaking oil then yea ima risk the transaxle and downshift fast lol
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2013, 7:13 pm

I have no idea what the guts of a Spicer look like, but I'd imagine it's the same basic concept- non-synchro.
Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer
TheRainbowBoxer

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2013, 7:57 pm

We shift on the fly, but are careful about not doing it under load, IE upshifting without clutch or downshifting at all. The shifter keys do tend to wear out unfortunately.

Proud member of the Mower Cycle Gang... aka the "Mowrons!"

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2021 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2021 thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2022!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
mudmonkey06
mudmonkey06

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2013, 8:26 pm

i have a mtd so i got shift on the go lol. all i need to worry about is burning out belts
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2013, 8:44 pm

That's an entirely different kettle o' fish...
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2013, 9:21 pm

Doc Sprocket wrote:
That's an entirely different kettle o' fish...
lol yes i would agree
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2013, 1:35 am

not much of a update im still in flordia about 30mins from alabama and well mudqueen messaged me on FB wanting to know if she could drive sarge around while im not there the deal was to take it easy and keep the tank full well first off some hoodrat tried to steal all the wiring off sarge so that had to be fixxed (thanks to my dad) and well from what she told me she went down a hill in he backwoods and smacked a tree and now she says the steering has a lot of play i asked here if anything looked broken she replyed nope just the front axle backmounting plate looked a little bent -_- so when i get home monday ill take pics of this damage and what not im praying that its fixxable if not ill have to find a parts poulan and redo the whole front end (im not paying for it) Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sarge offroad/mud mower    Sarge offroad/mud mower  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sarge offroad/mud mower
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next