All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

My wheel horse- needs a little fix

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

wheel - My wheel horse- needs a little fix Empty
PostSubject: My wheel horse- needs a little fix   wheel - My wheel horse- needs a little fix Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2013, 10:46 am

So i have an old wheelhorse.. cant remember what year it is but i want to work on it. its missinf a master link and it needs a new gearbox/clutch sytem... how do i fix them.. the master link i think i can do but the other one i dont know how to how to fix.. any ideas/ help??
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: My wheel horse- needs a little fix   wheel - My wheel horse- needs a little fix Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2013, 11:26 am

Any pics?
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: My wheel horse- needs a little fix   wheel - My wheel horse- needs a little fix Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2013, 11:45 am

For starters, whet's wrong with the gearbox? Perhaps you can tear it down and find the problem. If you can identify it, you could also shop for a replacement. Peerless units tend to have the ID tag hiding behind the brake caliper. Have a look around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My wheel horse- needs a little fix   wheel - My wheel horse- needs a little fix Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2013, 5:18 pm

Idk if my pic uploaded cause I'm udon my iPod.. I don't mknow much about it it's originally my brothers but he doesn't use it anymore.. monkey said he ripped the clutch or the gearbox or something like that... So ya
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: My wheel horse- needs a little fix   wheel - My wheel horse- needs a little fix Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2013, 5:58 pm

Well... time for a little diagnosis. Lets start with the basics. What does it do (or not do, as the case may be)? Have a look underneath. Is the belt in good shape? Does the tensioner pulley move, and then return when you push, and then release the clutch? How about when you put it into gear and let off the clutch... Does it move? Any funkadelic noises?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My wheel horse- needs a little fix   wheel - My wheel horse- needs a little fix Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2013, 9:34 pm

ill have a look asap...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My wheel horse- needs a little fix   wheel - My wheel horse- needs a little fix Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My wheel horse- needs a little fix
Page 1 of 1