All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!
 
PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - 12/16/2017 @ 8:00pm EST .
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
Voting for the 2017 Build-Off is now a go! Click Here to cast your stone!
The prize list has been finalized! Check out what's up for grabs by clicking here!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!
We now have a Discord chat server! Contact Doug for an invite link!

Share | 
 

 Bolens FMC LT8 lifted tractor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
redneck4life76
Apprentice
Apprentice


Join date : 2013-07-03
Posts : 59

PostSubject: Bolens FMC LT8 lifted tractor   Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:54 pm

@TheBeal wrote:
looks like fun!
Haha it sure is!!
Back to top Go down
TheBeal
Master
Master
avatar

Age : 23
Join date : 2013-06-06
Posts : 904
Forum Rep : 15
Location : Central PA

PostSubject: Re: Bolens FMC LT8 lifted tractor   Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:03 am

Im looking forward to be able to goof around in the snow when the Craftsman is finished... dont really have anywhere around for muddin, but we get snow... gotta have some sort of difficult stuff the ride through.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
redneck4life76
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Join date : 2013-07-03
Posts : 59
Forum Rep : 0
Location : MN

PostSubject: Bolens FMC LT8 lifted tractor   Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:42 pm

@TheBeal wrote:
Im looking forward to be able to goof around in the snow when the Craftsman is finished... dont really have anywhere around for muddin, but we get snow... gotta have some sort of difficult stuff the ride through.  Very Happy 
Yeah i got the same problem round here, Brought My MTD to mudfest in the summer but the belt snapped Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
richie thomas
Expert
Expert
avatar

Age : 22
Join date : 2011-08-04
Posts : 1385
Forum Rep : 1
Location : east dublin georgia

PostSubject: Re: Bolens FMC LT8 lifted tractor   Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:18 pm

@redneck4life76 wrote:
@TheBeal wrote:
Im looking forward to be able to goof around in the snow when the Craftsman is finished... dont really have anywhere around for muddin, but we get snow... gotta have some sort of difficult stuff the ride through.  Very Happy 
Yeah i got the same problem round here, Brought My MTD to mudfest in the summer but the belt snapped Evil or Very Mad 
lol i took dixie to trucks gone wild in october, and the stock set screw on the 2 inch shaft coupler broke, im ready to go back now tho, i welded that thing sold Very Happy
Back to top Go down
redneck4life76
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Join date : 2013-07-03
Posts : 59
Forum Rep : 0
Location : MN

PostSubject: Bolens FMC LT8 lifted tractor   Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:32 am

@richie thomas wrote:
@redneck4life76 wrote:
@TheBeal wrote:
Im looking forward to be able to goof around in the snow when the Craftsman is finished... dont really have anywhere around for muddin, but we get snow... gotta have some sort of difficult stuff the ride through.  Very Happy 
Yeah i got the same problem round here, Brought My MTD to mudfest in the summer but the belt snapped Evil or Very Mad 
lol i took dixie to trucks gone wild in october, and the stock set screw on the 2 inch shaft coupler broke, im ready to go back now tho, i welded that thing sold Very Happy
haha yeah i hade the same thing happen to my transaxil pulley on the Bolens!
Back to top Go down
redneck4life76
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Join date : 2013-07-03
Posts : 59
Forum Rep : 0
Location : MN

PostSubject: Bolens FMC LT8 lifted tractor   Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:26 pm

Had a little fun in the snow!!!
Back to top Go down
redneck4life76
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Join date : 2013-07-03
Posts : 59
Forum Rep : 0
Location : MN

PostSubject: Bolens FMC LT8 lifted tractor   Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:28 pm

Gettin the hubs sandblasted and powder coated tomorrow hopefully. Gonna try to get them back by friday at the latest so i can do some romping videos this weekend!!
Back to top Go down
redneck4life76
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Join date : 2013-07-03
Posts : 59
Forum Rep : 0
Location : MN

PostSubject: Bolens FMC LT8   Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:56 am

Back to top Go down
T-Dub13
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Age : 48
Join date : 2013-12-06
Posts : 539
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Central MA

PostSubject: Re: Bolens FMC LT8 lifted tractor   Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:10 am

Looks like fun machines. You've got the exact same wood stove as I do. Time for a foot throttle so you can control your drifts!  Wink Cool 
Back to top Go down
redneck4life76
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Join date : 2013-07-03
Posts : 59
Forum Rep : 0
Location : MN

PostSubject: Bolens FMC LT8 lifted tractor   Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:33 pm

@T-Dub13 wrote:
Looks like fun machines.  You've got the exact same wood stove as I do.  Time for a foot throttle so you can control your drifts!  Wink Cool 
hahaha sweet, should get a foot throttle when i get a new motor prolly!!
Back to top Go down
T-Dub13
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Age : 48
Join date : 2013-12-06
Posts : 539
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Central MA

PostSubject: Re: Bolens FMC LT8 lifted tractor   Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:28 pm

Why wait?!! When I was running a 6hp B&S quantum motor with zero balls, I hooked up a foot throttle. It made driving it SO much better, I could give that stupid little motor the abuse it deserved haha, You will never go back!  Laughing cheers 
Back to top Go down
redneck4life76
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Join date : 2013-07-03
Posts : 59
Forum Rep : 0
Location : MN

PostSubject: Re: Bolens FMC LT8 lifted tractor   Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:16 pm

@T-Dub13 wrote:
Why wait?!!  When I was running a 6hp B&S quantum motor with zero balls, I hooked up a foot throttle.  It made driving it SO much better, I could give that stupid little motor the abuse it deserved haha, You will never go back!   Laughing cheers 
because i dont want to put anymore money or time into that motor and i would have to make a whole new throttle for it to hook up.
Back to top Go down
redneck4life76
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Join date : 2013-07-03
Posts : 59
Forum Rep : 0
Location : MN

PostSubject: Bolens FMC LT16?   Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:18 pm

Bolens Motor swap and custom exhast build



Back to top Go down
willis923
Expert
Expert
avatar

Age : 21
Join date : 2013-04-10
Posts : 1408
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Galway NY

PostSubject: Re: Bolens FMC LT8 lifted tractor   Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:19 pm

you dont have a wheelie bar, you have a wheelie PIPE! lol, looks great
Back to top Go down
redneck4life76
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Join date : 2013-07-03
Posts : 59
Forum Rep : 0
Location : MN

PostSubject: Re: Bolens FMC LT8 lifted tractor   Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:20 pm

Back to top Go down
redneck4life76
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Join date : 2013-07-03
Posts : 59
Forum Rep : 0
Location : MN

PostSubject: Re: Bolens FMC LT8 lifted tractor   Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:22 pm

@willis923 wrote:
you dont have a wheelie bar, you have a wheelie PIPE! lol, looks great
Haha thanks man im hopefully gonna figure out an actual wheelie bar eventually cause it pops wheelies like crazy now!
Back to top Go down
redneck4life76
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Join date : 2013-07-03
Posts : 59
Forum Rep : 0
Location : MN

PostSubject: Re: Bolens FMC LT8 lifted tractor   Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:26 pm

Back to top Go down
redneck4life76
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Join date : 2013-07-03
Posts : 59
Forum Rep : 0
Location : MN

PostSubject: Re: Bolens FMC LT8 lifted tractor   Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:27 pm

Back to top Go down
T-Dub13
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Age : 48
Join date : 2013-12-06
Posts : 539
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Central MA

PostSubject: Re: Bolens FMC LT8 lifted tractor   Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:20 pm

Progress, I love it! Looks like and old skool hot rod.  Laughing 

I don't know how many RPM's those 16's can handle, but I'm always inclined to eliminate the governor. It usually makes the foot throttle a little more user friendly too.

That motor doesn't sound like it's working too hard at all. So much power! I bet you could double your primary belt ratio and still have a slow enough 1st gear to do technical stuff.

Great tractor build! Keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
redneck4life76
Apprentice
Apprentice
avatar

Join date : 2013-07-03
Posts : 59
Forum Rep : 0
Location : MN

PostSubject: Re: Bolens FMC LT8 lifted tractor   Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:29 pm

@T-Dub13 wrote:
Progress, I love it!  Looks like and old skool hot rod.   Laughing 

I don't know how many RPM's those 16's can handle, but I'm always inclined to eliminate the governor.  It usually makes the foot throttle a little more user friendly too.

That motor doesn't sound like it's working too hard at all.  So much power!  I bet you could double your primary belt ratio and still have a slow enough 1st gear to do technical stuff.

Great tractor build!  Keep us posted!  

Actually yeah its not getting enough rpms but thats only cause the pedal wont go all the way down and pull the throttle back fully, i have it adjusted a little bit better now but i have a lot more to do to it, hopefully i will get a video posted on it soon, ive been really buisy lately...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Bolens FMC LT8 lifted tractor   

Back to top Go down
 
Bolens FMC LT8 lifted tractor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Bolens FMC LT8 lifted tractor
» Front Axle Pivot Or No Pivot On Lifted Tractor?
» flexing my craftsman monster mower
» bolens off road/utility tractor
» 22"s on a lawn tractor?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Tractor Project Builds :: Off Road/Rally Tractor Project & Builds-
Jump to: