All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Direct steering setup

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
matt-man
matt-man

Direct steering setup Empty
PostSubject: Direct steering setup   Direct steering setup Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2013, 9:05 am

I have an older poulan which is also a craftsman chassis. I was wondering if anyone has done a direct steering on one of these I'm looking for ideas
Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner

PostSubject: Re: Direct steering setup   Direct steering setup Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2013, 9:24 am

Back to top Go down
meigs man
meigs man

PostSubject: Re: Direct steering setup   Direct steering setup Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2013, 9:45 am

Im going to be working on my poulan pro steering next week i have 3 different ideas but the direct steering will be my go to if all else fails.
Back to top Go down
matt-man
matt-man

PostSubject: Re: Direct steering setup   Direct steering setup Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2013, 9:58 am

meigs man wrote:
Im going to be working on my poulan pro steering next week i have 3 different ideas but the direct steering will be my go to if all else fails.  
Idk if yours will be the same as mine. My tractor is not a poulan pro its just a regular poulan form 1998
Back to top Go down
meigs man
meigs man

PostSubject: Re: Direct steering setup   Direct steering setup Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2013, 12:29 pm

Mine is a 2009 when i got it someone had taken out most of the steering so im starting from scratch so i have the chance to beef up the tie rod ends and use stronger rods not just for the punishment of trails but higher speeds i am lucky about one thing the spindle cross mount is cast iron I beam so i will keep this and change everything else.
Back to top Go down
matt-man
matt-man

PostSubject: Re: Direct steering setup   Direct steering setup Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2013, 4:08 pm

I see but I don't like the idea of replacing nearly everything up front I just want to know of a way to do it the cheapest and simplest
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Direct steering setup   Direct steering setup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Direct steering setup
Page 1 of 1