All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved*

Go down 
+4
Doc Sprocket
motorizedeverything
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Thunderdivine
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved* Empty
PostSubject: Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved*   Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved* Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 8:21 pm

I think we need some basic guidelines for the chat.

I know we have talked about it, but Doug must have forgotten or something, or he's very busy:P 

Anywho, post suggestion on here, like no race jokes and so on.

Doug Fackler (Admin) wrote:
Check here: https://www.atltf.com/t2753-atltf-s-forum-and-chat-behaviour-code
Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner

PostSubject: Re: Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved*   Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved* Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 8:28 pm

No spamming and saying nonsense (i.e. a;ieljfakvniuf).
Back to top Go down
motorizedeverything
motorizedeverything

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved*   Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved* Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 8:32 pm

there is a thread about the rules https://www.atltf.com/t1513-trolls-spammers-haters
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved*   Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved* Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 9:00 pm

I am wondering about the foul language filter. Is there even a point? Most folks seem to find creative enough ways to bypass them, and end up with the offending word plain as day anyways. I don't know if it's worth addressing or not, just thought I would point it out.

One way or the other, I feel it is completely necessary to post clear rules on what is and is NOT acceptable, specifically in chat. Sure- the above link gives a general guideline for forum behaviour, but it doesn't grab your attention and lay chat rules out in black and white. Without hard and fast rules, there is no enforcement. And without enforcement, rules don't matter. In my humble opinion, nothing will be resolved until hard and fast rules are drawn up, posted conspicuously, and enforced equally by the chat moderators.

Examples-
No Spamming or trolling
Be respectful to moderators and other forum members. Personal attacks and flame wars will not be tolerated. Simple teasing may seem like fun, but if your asked to stop, STOP.
No discrimination- Whether it's age, sex, preferences, colour, religion, nationality, disability, politics, etc.
Mind your language. There are younger members on here who don't need the colourful language. Avoid using tricks to bypass the foul language filters- it's just as bad.

The above are just some examples off the top of my head. Take from them what you like.
Back to top Go down
motorizedeverything
motorizedeverything

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved*   Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved* Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 9:08 pm

Doc Sprocket wrote:
I am wondering about the foul language filter. Is there even a point? Most folks seem to find creative enough ways to bypass them, and end up with the offending word plain as day anyways. I don't know if it's worth addressing or not, just thought I would point it out.

One way or the other, I feel it is completely necessary to post clear rules on what is and is NOT acceptable, specifically in chat. Sure- the above link gives a general guideline for forum behaviour, but it doesn't grab your attention and lay chat rules out in black and white. Without hard and fast rules, there is no enforcement. And without enforcement, rules don't matter. In my humble opinion, nothing will be resolved until hard and fast rules are drawn up, posted conspicuously, and enforced equally by the chat moderators.

Examples-
No Spamming or trolling
Be respectful to moderators and other forum members. Personal attacks and flame wars will not be tolerated. Simple teasing may seem like fun, but if your asked to stop, STOP.
No discrimination- Whether it's age, sex, preferences, colour, religion, nationality, disability, politics, etc.
Mind your language. There are younger members on here who don't need the colourful language. Avoid using tricks to bypass the foul language filters- it's just as bad.

The above are just some examples off the top of my head. Take from them what you like.
great suggestions doc i also think that we should come up with a penitently system and so there is a set time for some one to be banned if they do something once and a longer time time if the they do it twice and so on and then to a full ban.
Back to top Go down
Ariens YT11
Established Member
Ariens YT11
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved*   Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved* Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 9:17 pm

motorizedeverything wrote:
Doc Sprocket wrote:

Examples-
No Spamming or trolling

great suggestions doc i also think that we should come up with a penitently system and so there is a set time for some one to be banned if they do something once and a longer time time if the they do it twice and so on and then to a full ban.

I agree with this but not nessacarly with the ban part. and another rule for people to think on is don't act like a know it all, be honest.
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved*   Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved* Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Ariens YT11 wrote:
Doc Sprocket wrote:

Examples-
No Spamming or trolling

I agree with this but not nessacarly with the ban part. and another rule for people to think on is don't act like a know it all, be honest.

Everything but the ban? Here's the problem- without enforcement, rules mean nothing. So what do you propose to do, to stop someone that pays NO attention to the rules? Besides- a ban is a worst-case thing. It has been my experience that most folks respond well to a gentle but firm-no-bs warning.
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved*   Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved* Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 10:15 am

there is a thread about the rules https://www.atltf.com/t1513-trolls-spammers-haters

Yea Moto, thats when the rules/ Guidelines are set. This was intended as a suggestion thread for the Chat.

And I totally agree Doc. Also in what Ariens is mentioning.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved*   Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved* Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Doc Sprocket wrote:

Examples-
No Spamming or trolling

the "Three strikes your out" rule should work fine.

Warning, Warning, Temp ban for 24 hours.

After that it could be like 1/0 warnings, 1 week, 1 month, etc.

Maybe an option to appeal.

I dunno, im just tossing out ideas. Ive been working 7-4 and have no time or energy to get on as much as I would like so ive missed out on a lot of the drama.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
Ariens YT11
Established Member
Ariens YT11
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved*   Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved* Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:20 am

Doug Fackler wrote:
Doc Sprocket wrote:

Examples-
No Spamming or trolling

the "Three strikes your out" rule should work fine.

Warning, Warning, Temp ban for 24 hours.

After that it could be like 1/0 warnings, 1 week, 1 month, etc.

Maybe an option to appeal.

I dunno, im just tossing out ideas. Ive been working 7-4 and have no time or energy to get on as much as I would like so ive missed out on a lot of the drama.

Know what I like the three strike idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved*   Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved* Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 2:34 am

Well that works for me, thats basically what Ive been doing. Now, about the bans... I been doing 3 hour, 6 hour and 24 hour bans. Not that I disagree with a minimum 24, I fully do agree - but some infractions really arent that bad and after 3 hours some get the hint. Just saying - and something else, albeit minor in comparison - the commentary regarding know-it-alls. I admittedly have acted as such a couple times in chat, it is usually in response to being accused of or implied at being the exact opposite. I think either-or should be frowned upon. Even at a moderators expense.

Last edited by prometheusEDI on Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved*   Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved* Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 12:39 pm

prometheusEDI wrote:
Well that works for me, thats basically what Ive been doing. Now, about the bans... I been doing 3 hour, 6 hour and 24 hour bans. Not that I disagree with a minimum 24, I fully do - but some infractions really arent that bad and after 3 hours some get the hint. Just saying - and something else, albeit minor in comparison - the commentary regarding know-it-alls. I admittedly have acted as such a couple times in chat, it is usually in response to being accused of or implied at being the exact opposite. I think either-or should be frowned upon. Even at a moderators expense.

Thats fine. I have no problem with ban times varying with the circumstance.

Your ATLTF Staff:

Back to top Go down
xxXMowerdudeXxx
Established Member

Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved*   Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved* Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 2:22 pm

theres no need for this anymore, theres no chatbox, LOL
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved*   Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved* Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 4:35 pm

It may come back, however until people settle down and some set rules about conduct are made it probably wont return.

Your ATLTF Staff:

Back to top Go down
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved*   Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved* Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 11:18 pm

Sounds to me like a shake down..typically done when someone has a goal or hidden agenda..
Looks like several people want mod status or even admin status and since I didn't grant them this status, mutiny an talk of how "we" aren't doing out jobs...not how you achieve victory round my parts..access denied. Being a mod was given to a chosen few in the interim, as time has gone by those positions have grew and expanded. Some mods have grown weary of the task, and some have had to respectfully decline continuing the job at hand..

If members want positions, I've left it not just to my decision, but all members to "nominate" and after for the moderators to decide. It's never been a "one" man show.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved*   Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chat - Suggestion box for Guidelines / Rules *Solved*
Page 1 of 1