All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

What have you done to your tractor today?

Go down 
+121
Nevadablue
MudMachine95
TourMax
diddie
Murraymountain
MatthewD
darkside0914
Crazy_Carl
muddstir
Double W Cross Ranch
Buck
biggasmowers
paulnb57
Ranchrodder
onebadLT4000
TedTheDestroyer
jimtolken
RichieRichOverdrive
Warren Evans
MightyRaze
AllisKidD21
Off Road Domination
mowerheadder
CraftsmanQuad19
chevy8988
ratcatcher
Carshowkid
MoMower
sadeoo7
ThatOneTeen
mr.modified
Fordls45
dwcopple
pukesniffer
Thomas de Boer
baymechanic1009
jamcco
CornShuck4CE
Angchor
kawasaki220
RCTankboy
camomanusa
lincolnmaniac
apollodawg
murrayracer
WilliesBuilds
B440
untrusty huskee
craftsmancole
Moose
Lawren Wimberly
Craftsman1998
Creepycrawler
T-Dub13
Ariens YT11
1997 Murray
FOSWMT
willis923
matt-man
Tyler Vanderwege
TheBeal
Kody6
dragon born
the beast
frostypaws
motorizedeverything
k2500life
RCG
Jerbear0612
crazykid1994
TroyBilt Pony
Derbyman103
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Doc Sprocket
MowBandit
Thecrazyoldcraftman
redlinemotorsportts
Thunderdivine
twinbrothers99
bautwell
Hillbilly Homer
Doug
Kel
13mudman13
xxXMowerdudeXxx
mudmonkey06
grizzlydan
tractorboy567
dylansrockinrigs
truckin42
crafsmankiller
TheRainbowBoxer
Stretch44875
WellThatsSurprising
Tractor Man Jeff
Murray modder
Webmaster
THE MTD GUY
richie thomas
Chopperhed
Marines2621
BlackMountian88
CornishMorgan
gilsonrumbler
AcreFarm
gearheadmike
canadianromper
akcender
Plyxrs
F150F250F350
Fattypipemuarry
kill all tuners!
MSteele323
craftsman30mph
CraftsMAN
Trcustoms
Ford Boi
Jamus
dangeroustoys56
Chunk
Growl60
125 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 11:06 pm

Thats cool- my 90 task force has the same hood as your buddy's tractor - altho the rear fenders look like my 85 mastercuts....

I stopped by auto zone today and bot a roll of 'chrome' foil - now can put some shine on some pieces in my modifed tractors - im still looking at red LED's....
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 11:38 pm

Well I messed around on my buddy's tractor today and swapped some pulleys and modded the clutch, and he showed up just as I had it finished, so we tried it out.... Goes WAY too fast even with the 8 HP that can't push it...... So.... Somehow the 2nd time I started it , it jumped into gear and took the F**& off.... It was set on a dead course to hit his Mustang.... We chased it and got it steered away at the last second and it then made a B-line for the barn, ended up slamming an antique wooden wagon wheel and smashing it before it finally stalled against the barn wall.... That was a scare I tell ya. Mint '88 Mustang.... Woulda been nice. Real nice.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2010, 7:04 am

Sounds like my mod murray- once you dropped it into 1st gear, it wasnt stopping until you put it back into neutral ..... thats how i literally drove up a chain link fence n flipped it over.... on concrete. The brakes werent worth a hoot and the clutch barely worked.
Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2010, 11:42 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
Sounds like my mod murray- once you dropped it into 1st gear, it wasnt stopping until you put it back into neutral ..... thats how i literally drove up a chain link fence n flipped it over.... on concrete. The brakes werent worth a hoot and the clutch barely worked.

Yup, i ran into the side of my house once with a mower that had no clutch.
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2010, 12:03 am

Yup. Not fun when you got a runaway mower. I'm glad all our new stuff is geared up safely now, but this old mower was slapped together too quickly lol. Ah well. We drove around today quite a bit, I got too cocky on the thing after we lowered the seat and I flipped it over in 2nd gear going 30-35 kmh, slammed my hip and head pretty good on hard ground, bent the hood a bit but minor really. Was still fun tho lol.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2010, 3:41 pm

Trcustoms: It had a clutch- just didnt work good enough - definitly had no brakes tho- broke the caliper bolts off in the trans - oop.

Ford BoI : i always wear a helmit when i run one of my speed demon tractors around- im gettin too old and i need to save what lil brains i have left.......

I flopped over quite a bit up at the folks tho - that was in mud- i ran up a tree with my agway, pop got that on video.
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2010, 4:28 pm

I had a helmet on. Never drive without one either.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2010, 7:00 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2010, 7:43 pm

Today I started putting the engine for my gravely back together. Though, I need the torque specs for the push rod.
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2010, 8:47 pm

searsnut11 wrote:
Today I started putting the engine for my gravely back together. Though, I need the torque specs for the push rod.
You've got a Gravely? Sweet. My dad used to have one sitting in his shed for years n years broke down, ended up giving it away, it was a walk behind bushwhacker . What a beast, what kind do you have?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2010, 8:50 pm

Ford Boi wrote:
searsnut11 wrote:
You've got a Gravely? Sweet. My dad used to have one sitting in his shed for years n years broke down, ended up giving it away, it was a walk behind bushwhacker . What a beast, what kind do you have?
Its a huge rider with a 16hp briggs single. It has hydro lift for the plow and deck. Its heavy as hell.
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2010, 8:57 pm

searsnut11 wrote:
Ford Boi wrote:
searsnut11 wrote:
Its a huge rider with a 16hp briggs single. It has hydro lift for the plow and deck. Its heavy as hell.

That's awesome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2010, 9:00 pm

Ford Boi wrote:
searsnut11 wrote:
Ford Boi wrote:
searsnut11 wrote:

That's awesome!
Yep she is my biggest tractor. 16 speeds (lol) 8 forward and 8 reverse.
Its a beast of a tractor. It WILL out pull my '66 sears suburban in my avatar.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2010, 7:33 pm

Today was an easy day in the shed - i changed the oil on my 86 GTII ( actually 2nd time i ever changed it since i got it- oil was a bit dark ) , checked the new plugs ( bit dirty but ok) - also had to put a new spring on the mower deck - i was going to work on the MTD mod, but i want to get my 97 mastercut back into the other shed ( need more room)- so i pulled the pan on the 12HP thats going on it ( needed a crank seal) , changed the pan gasket and crank seal - now i need to clean the carb and should be ready for the MTD.

i also forgot to mention- my 85 LT11 is now back on 4 wheels - need to rewire it, put the motor on and rebuild the deck - ill have to leave repainting it for next year most likely ( getting cooler out) - then ill sand it down and repaint it the factory silver paint and black .

I also am going to order some 3/4" pillow blocks - im attempting to build a RAGB from an old craftsman axle and gears i have- a new one costs $500..... ( dont do ebay).
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2010, 1:32 am

WellI finished building a 2000 Craftsman mix n' match mower to sell, only took 5 days from bare frame, took a tranny apart and cleaned / lubed it, took a motor apart and inspected it for wear, had some water in the base but no damage, fixed up a deck, installed a heavy-duty front axle, sanded and painted frame + body and test mowed it, works good.

ALSO!!!! Picked up 3 free junkers today, Mastercraft rusted out with a 1 speed, and a 16 B&S OPPOSED TWIN!!!!!!! Very Happy Super syked to get this motor runnin'!!! a Lawnboy with a good 11 HP B&S and no tranny, and a MTD with a 1 speed and no motor. The MTD and Mastercraft both have the same frame and front end gear as my Yardman Racer so I've got plenty of good spare parts now!!!!
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2010, 6:39 am

Thats cool about the flipped mower- should be able to get a decent amount of cash for it - id almost wait till next spring- can get more for it then.

Nice score on the 3 beaters - freebies are the best- specially one with a twin cylender. cheers
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2010, 1:59 am

dangeroustoys56, you were right lol. My 3/4" spindles started to bend. Now that I've got a solid front axle the spindles take the beating, so today I welded in some 1/4 thick gussets on. Went for a good long trip with 2 friends , they had their ATV's and now my front end is mint.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2010, 3:51 am

Yeah- they are 'the weakest link' - LOL! When i build my wizard and wheelhorse- i have a aftermarket set of spindles for the WH ( go kart type) - im going to custom build a set for the wizard to lower it out of grade 8 bolts and use bering hubs ( more speed).

Even got my nephew into modding tractors- hes taking a 80's yazoo RER and making a go kart from it.
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2010, 8:58 pm

Tinkered with the Twin 16 for a couple hours tonight, tore down the carb, fuel pump, starter, and got the crank pulley off. Slapped it together, checked for fire, put some gas in the tank and carb to prime it, and she fired up !!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Needs some tuning of course, but runs pretty good!!! SUPER SYKED!
Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2010, 8:09 pm

Ford Boi wrote:
Tinkered with the Twin 16 for a couple hours tonight, tore down the carb, fuel pump, starter, and got the crank pulley off. Slapped it together, checked for fire, put some gas in the tank and carb to prime it, and she fired up !!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Needs some tuning of course, but runs pretty good!!! SUPER SYKED!

Awesome......, what's that going to go on?
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2010, 4:30 pm

I'm putting it in my Yard Man racer, replacing the 12.5 I/C Gold B&S which will be saved for something else, still a mint motor.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2010, 8:28 pm

Believe me- the twin will be a huge improvement in performance - itll wind out so much more then the 12.5HP , but running a 6" and up pulley on the motor , itll have some initial lag on takeoff - once it winds up tho - hang on!
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2010, 1:12 am

Finally, nice day here- they finished repaving our crappy dirt road and put fresh ( dead ? ) sod down on the edges of the road - there was a bit of a hieght difference in the new grass, so i dragged out my 2003 murray and ran the areator out and filled up the yard roller to try n smooth that mess out.

So after i was done with the yard, i figured id drag out all my mowers and run em around , give em some exercise. Only real issues i had with the 'fleet' was flat batteries- quick jump with the charger and they all fired up .

The 'new' engine on the 96 mastercut fired right off, held oil after the new pan gasket and oil seal change- ran nice n smooth. After checking the oil in all of em- i can tell which ones need an oil change soon - time for the maintence to begin a new!
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2011, 8:35 pm

Time to revive this poor thread and revive my presence on the forum, its been too long I miss this place! Anyway I finally replaced the axle in my Rally after 7 months of hiatus. Went for a little test rip thru my old trail in the dark, works great, and feels good to be back on the beast. Yesterday I swapped the trusty old Peerless 6spd to a Peerless 5spd in my racer.... Years of proven service finally ended when I blew 5th and 6th gears Sad Also I installed that Twin 16 in the racer, which explains the transmission carnage, lol. (Talk about an INSANE machine now) But it won me my races this summer so it is all worth while!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: What have you done to your tractor today   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2011, 9:58 pm

working on the sheet metal upgrade for the Swamp Donkey. still in mock up. gotta get the right look. gonna be the Gravedigger of the monster mowers. It wont be like most that you see on these forums. It will fly SOON, the hard part is done, just changing the look of a runner. Double the HP and a split 6speed. yanked the hydro and a steering upgrade too... manual rack out of an old toyota

What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Photo_022411_002
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2011, 10:15 pm

Sorry about the crappy pic. the dog must have licked the camera

What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Photo_022411_003
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What have you done to your tractor today?
Page 2 of 29Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next