All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

What have you done to your tractor today?

Go down 
+121
Nevadablue
MudMachine95
TourMax
diddie
Murraymountain
MatthewD
darkside0914
Crazy_Carl
muddstir
Double W Cross Ranch
Buck
biggasmowers
paulnb57
Ranchrodder
onebadLT4000
TedTheDestroyer
jimtolken
RichieRichOverdrive
Warren Evans
MightyRaze
AllisKidD21
Off Road Domination
mowerheadder
CraftsmanQuad19
chevy8988
ratcatcher
Carshowkid
MoMower
sadeoo7
ThatOneTeen
mr.modified
Fordls45
dwcopple
pukesniffer
Thomas de Boer
baymechanic1009
jamcco
CornShuck4CE
Angchor
kawasaki220
RCTankboy
camomanusa
lincolnmaniac
apollodawg
murrayracer
WilliesBuilds
B440
untrusty huskee
craftsmancole
Moose
Lawren Wimberly
Craftsman1998
Creepycrawler
T-Dub13
Ariens YT11
1997 Murray
FOSWMT
willis923
matt-man
Tyler Vanderwege
TheBeal
Kody6
dragon born
the beast
frostypaws
motorizedeverything
k2500life
RCG
Jerbear0612
crazykid1994
TroyBilt Pony
Derbyman103
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Doc Sprocket
MowBandit
Thecrazyoldcraftman
redlinemotorsportts
Thunderdivine
twinbrothers99
bautwell
Hillbilly Homer
Doug
Kel
13mudman13
xxXMowerdudeXxx
mudmonkey06
grizzlydan
tractorboy567
dylansrockinrigs
truckin42
crafsmankiller
TheRainbowBoxer
Stretch44875
WellThatsSurprising
Tractor Man Jeff
Murray modder
Webmaster
THE MTD GUY
richie thomas
Chopperhed
Marines2621
BlackMountian88
CornishMorgan
gilsonrumbler
AcreFarm
gearheadmike
canadianromper
akcender
Plyxrs
F150F250F350
Fattypipemuarry
kill all tuners!
MSteele323
craftsman30mph
CraftsMAN
Trcustoms
Ford Boi
Jamus
dangeroustoys56
Chunk
Growl60
125 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Ford Boi

What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2011, 11:18 am

That 3-wheeler is hilarious lol... I made a new bolt-on hub and changed a badly worn axle on my Rally. Hopefully I can get some reliable service from it again.. Man went almost a year with no major problems then blew everything up within 2 weeks....
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2011, 9:08 pm

After some trail running yesterday with ropertractor14 I had some steering damage.... replaced the inner steering rod end, and straitened out the rod, gusseted the tab on the steering spindle, and took the Rally mudding today after some heavy rain. The big hole was deep, water up to my airbox, and the mudhole I reamed thru about 20 runs, I can make it thru now without gettong OFF the tractor although I have to do some pretty nifty leaning to get traction lol
Back to top Go down
F150F250F350
F150F250F350

PostSubject: tires   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2011, 3:47 pm

I have beenworking on my big green beast geting the tires changed douly truck snow tires on the back and the tractor style 10 x 20'' on the front all I have left is the front it is giving me truble might have to extend the front axel or put stopes on it this thing is looking good sorry cant do more than 5 pictures a month with photo bucket it is ether free or not why 5 a month! scratch
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2011, 6:24 pm

Re-wired my headlights after that electrical disaster. Learned my lesson. This time I added a fuse to the fancy circuit. Completely burned every inch of wire for my lights and burned all the loom and connectors. So I just got back from some night wheeling after yet more heavy rain, the trails are nasty (awesome)
Back to top Go down
Plyxrs
Plyxrs

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2011, 12:42 am

got the motor back on today and got my gas pedal mounted! Woohoo! lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2011, 7:36 pm

working on a racer and a dune buggy.
started on the steering for the craftsman and mounting the front a arms on a buggy frame I built about 5 years ago. getting a suspension upgrade and a motor/ tx swap. the old suzuki 125 that was on it was about shot.

What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 IMG00081

What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 IMG00080
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2011, 4:21 pm

still working on the buggy. (1/4 atv 1/4 garden tractor 1/2 homemade junkyard stuff)
I'd call it a frankenbuggy but a believe that one is already taken
its come a long way from this....
What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Photo_073109_005

to this (and still a long way to go)....
What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 IMG00082
Back to top Go down
akcender
akcender

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2011, 4:45 pm

i finally got my piece of garbage MTD to fire, now my battery is dead so i cant crank it to see if it will keep running. god dammit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2011, 4:09 pm

got the "bomber seat" and fender patch done on the lowrider

What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 IMG00083
Back to top Go down
canadianromper
canadianromper

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2011, 10:24 pm

well what i did waas i changed my stack to an exauste like arilds that goes under my footressed and i changed the silanoid and thats just about it
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2011, 8:06 pm

Well i had gotten a agway few weeks ago and just got it running and pulleys from being stuck yesterday,today took it for a ride and then found out the rear is shot the left axle shaft has a worn spot in the trans after i took it apart today,so i decided to just use it as a parts rig for my 84 mtd. Well i got some freebies yesterday Very Happy Exclamation
i got a 90 murray? 12hp with a nice hole through the block but it has a 5spd and a solid 1pc frame so im going to use this for my off road/muding tractor. Also scored 2 atv frames one with nice tires/wheels/hubs/parts . Im going to use that for my off roader,and i got a kids atv frame with good tires/axle/frame i might turn that into a bar stool type cart but idk yet. Heres some pics of the freebies
What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Ort
What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Atv
Back to top Go down
AcreFarm
AcreFarm

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2011, 8:08 pm

Great score!
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2011, 5:40 am

For hardcore offroading watch the one piece frames - Chunk ( moderator) had one and cracked it right down the middle - for light duty trail riding it should be okay, for heavy offroad it should be reinforced with steel bracing inside to keep the frame from flexing.

Heres the link to his build: http://atltf.forumotion.com/t25-al-ko-mudding-tractor-build

My agway has a similar one piece 'pan' chassis - i most likely wont be reinforcing it since it wont see a whole lot of offroading.

I have a 'mini ' atv as well - was one of those razor kid's electric types - its built pretty well , my nephew tore out most of the stuff ( wheels/rear axle) and gave me the chassis- i plan on cutting the frame to adapt a 5HP honda horizontal shaft motor- im not sure wether ill keep the original body or mount a lawntractor body on it - ill have time to think about it since i most likely wont work on it for a while.
Back to top Go down
akcender
akcender

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2011, 10:13 pm

I finally got this bitch running!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2011, 10:25 pm

got bored and started painting. still have some welding to do .. but I like the smell of burning paint
still gotta do the axle spacers on the cart and finish the motor mounts, then shifters. more body work on the lowrider. havent even bought parts for the jack shaft yet
What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Photo_052511_002

What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Photo_052511_003
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2011, 7:52 am

I like those projects Ratt88 - you did a clean job on the fenders /seat on the hot rod - you putting any padding in there ? On one of my works in progress i used a plain metal seat pan , actually its not too bad to sit in , might leave it as is.

With some AG tires on the buggy, itd be unstoppable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2011, 8:02 am

I havent planned on padding, the bottom isnt supported other than suspended from the top. its pretty solid but has a little bounce to it. I have a friend that does hotrod interiors. I might get him to do a little diamond tuck if decide to do a full on show rig.
as for the cart, this is a stronger ( and more complicated ) version of one I did about 20 years ago. that one would pop wheelies in the snow with stock tires Laughing
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2011, 8:12 am

What motor you planning on for powering it - the hot rod?

I still have like a dozen mod projects id like to finish some year .... 3 id really like to finish are my wizard go kart, 69 wheelhorse rat rod and agway trail rider.
Back to top Go down
MSteele323

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2011, 12:37 am

I am still waiting on a motor.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/msteele323?feature=mhw5

PostSubject: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2012, 5:50 pm

Had to dig this up, nobody has used this one lately..
Mostly done with the lowrider steering, need to finish up clutch/ brake , exhaust and wiring.
Aint had time to do crap on the swamp donkey, I got 2 busted 4 wheelers, fuel pump out of the toyota "gator" and its mowing season allready Mad

What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 IMG00100
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2012, 7:45 pm

I hear ya, all I've been doing is springtime maintenance, which probably should have been fall maintenance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2012, 8:38 pm

Im still working on my 90 task force :
What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Task_f10
Its actually 90% done now- havent got updated pics yet...

These i dragged home a lil while ago - a 98 poulan( runs) and a 90's GT murray( no motor) - both are going to be parts ( poulan chassis will be used for something eventually) - the murray will most likely wind up on both the agway and my mod murray - the hood im going to try and mount on the 94 murray , the trans is a stout 5 speed with 1" axles which will go into the agway with some modding:
What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 New_tr11

In addition to the tractors i got a bunch of ATV tires with rims, also have a set of 10" golf kart wheels with low profile tires . Only thing for those atv rims is i need some hubs or make some.
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2012, 9:40 pm

I often find myself wishing I had a buddy local who was into modding tractors like I am. But then I see everyones pics of their "collections" and think, if there was more than one of us in a location, we'd have to split all the mower parts, haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com

PostSubject: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2012, 9:51 pm

yeh but you would be splitting 2x the parts. I got a few guys around here , not much on the wrench , but they can find cheap parts
Back to top Go down
AcreFarm
AcreFarm

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2012, 10:16 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
the trans is a stout 5 speed with 1" axles which will go into the agway with some modding

Likely the venerable Peerless 820. I picked up a free Murray GT last summer & that's what it had in it for a rear end
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2012, 7:18 am

AcreFarm : I was like " Holy crap- thats a 1" axle!" - heck the front spindles are even beefy . Ill have to pick up a couple more wheel adapters tho or make some - my 1st set are going on the mod murray to mount the 10" golf kart wheels.

Jamus: My wife probably thinks the same thing - i have quite a bit of stuff around and its mostly me tinkering ( after honey do lists)- sometimes my nephew comes over, he had a few plans for a mod, but then he discovered girls and freinds into offroading/mudding, so he doesnt come over much anymore.

Itd be cool to know someone else around that liked to mod tractors tho.

A thought occoured recently about maybe changing gears here- since the GT murray isalready built for the trans, might just be easier to use that murray for an off roader - id return the agway back to stock i guess - ill think about it more when i get to working on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What have you done to your tractor today?
Page 4 of 29Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next