All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Mini Swamp/Platform Buggie

Go down 
+4
Craftsman Dude
crazykid1994
redlinemotorsportts
craftsmancole
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

Mini Swamp/Platform Buggie - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mini Swamp/Platform Buggie   Mini Swamp/Platform Buggie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2013, 7:26 pm

craftsmancole wrote:
It's gunna be "MINI" like I said before, plus it's gunna be 4x8, have like 27s a 23hp kohler vtwin can definitely turn those tires fast enough for them to clean out, it's gunna have 1" straight axles that will be enough to handle the tires and why would that not work Doc???
Doc Sprocket wrote:
I don't want to pee out anybody's campfire here, but I'm wondering of you've set realistic goals here. You're trying to use mower componentry to push a platform as large as a small car through mud and swamp goo? That's a big footprint, 2wd, not exactly ground-pounding power.

Mud boggers and the like, generally do what they do by way of gobs of power, tons of wheelspin, and huge tires for the vehicle's footprint. Or have I missed something?

If you can pull it off, fantastic! But I am wondering how feasible it is...
I really don't see the need to re-type all that. To try to put a finer point on what I have already said- 27hp@3600RPM ain't exactly a tire-fryer, especially when you're geared up and trying to spin 27" tires. In addition, you have a very large footprint for what it is, which is not only additional weight, but a large belly to drag into the mud when the tires get down far enough.

Now- I said it before (see above) and I'm gonna say it again, just to be clear. I'm NOT saying you CAN'T do it, I'm saying I have my doubts. If you can pull it off, all the power to you! Who knows- maybe the vehicle in MY head doesn't match the vehicle in YOUR head. Maybe my idea of a mud bog is, well- muddier than yours. Won't know till it happens.
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

Mini Swamp/Platform Buggie - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mini Swamp/Platform Buggie   Mini Swamp/Platform Buggie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2013, 6:27 pm

Well, I did the math and realized that im broke.... I don't have enough money to do this build yet, but eventually it'll be done.
Back to top Go down

Mini Swamp/Platform Buggie
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2