All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Southern Tractor's OFFROAD MURRAY!

Go down 
+14
the craftsman mudder
jakethetractorguy
83ratrodmurray
camomanusa
Moose
Krawler86
GenevaCustoms
Lawren Wimberly
redlinemotorsportts
T-Dub13
1997 Murray
Jerbear0612
willis923
WilliesBuilds
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
WilliesBuilds

Southern Tractor's OFFROAD MURRAY! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Off Road Trailer   Southern Tractor's OFFROAD MURRAY! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2014, 8:10 am

so i decided i would use a hand truck as a simple trailer here at work and heres how i did it

Southern Tractor's OFFROAD MURRAY! - Page 8 Wp_20110
Southern Tractor's OFFROAD MURRAY! - Page 8 Wp_20111
Back to top Go down
Angchor
Angchor

PostSubject: Re: Southern Tractor's OFFROAD MURRAY!   Southern Tractor's OFFROAD MURRAY! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2014, 2:22 pm

WilliesBuilds wrote:
so i decided i would use a hand truck as a simple trailer here at work and heres how i did it
DOOD!

Great minds and all that!!!

I had EXACTLY the same thought, on tuesday, this week. Yesterday I bought some u-bolts so that when I finally do get the hand truck out, to make into a trailer, I can bolt a couple of those long, metal reinforced plastic milk crates to it!

I may not connect it to the tractor exactly the same. And I'll do it without the extra wheel up front. But it is exactly the same idea!

The only extra thought I have is that it may become 'tippy' going around the steep angled corners I have to negotiate. So I may end up scrapping the handtruck part of the idea and just buld a similar trailer, with a wider wheelbase. Or widen the wheelbase on the hand truck before I use it. (Which is why I hadn't already done exactly as you have done. LOL)

Good work!
Back to top Go down
WilliesBuilds
WilliesBuilds

PostSubject: Re: Southern Tractor's OFFROAD MURRAY!   Southern Tractor's OFFROAD MURRAY! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2014, 2:52 pm

yeah man its still in the testing phase lol but thanks for bringing up the tippy part of it didnt think of it like that ill have that in mind next week ill give it to the shop guys let them beat it up lol thinking about making it wider so i can accomodate more stuff like hauling coolers and stuff on the beach lol ... ahh... yeah i wish instead of JEEP BEACH ,TRACTOR BEACH 2014 cheers 
Back to top Go down
WilliesBuilds
WilliesBuilds

PostSubject: Re: Southern Tractor's OFFROAD MURRAY!   Southern Tractor's OFFROAD MURRAY! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2014, 2:55 pm

oh yeah and that extra wheel is so you can extend the handrail and use it as a cart ...but over time we lost one wheel lol
Back to top Go down
WilliesBuilds
WilliesBuilds

PostSubject: Re: Southern Tractor's OFFROAD MURRAY!   Southern Tractor's OFFROAD MURRAY! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2015, 1:55 pm

OK Guys its been forever ;(
ive missed this place. ive been busy with life and ALOT of things have happened
in my life and havent had much time to mess with my tractor's
My work murray is in pieces and my Red Murray widebody LT ha sbeen parked for almost a year.
I bought a 94 Ranger that ive been working on for a while.... Ive even neglected that
But nonetheless i miss both my murrays so im definitly bringing them back to life soon
hope to share more ideas here soon !
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Southern Tractor's OFFROAD MURRAY!   Southern Tractor's OFFROAD MURRAY! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2015, 4:03 pm

WilliesBuilds wrote:
OK Guys its been forever ;(
ive missed this place. ive been busy with life and ALOT of things have happened
in my life and havent had much time to mess with my tractor's
My work murray is in pieces and my Red Murray widebody LT ha sbeen parked for almost a year.
I bought  a 94 Ranger that ive been working on for a while.... Ive even neglected that
But nonetheless i miss both my murrays so im definitly bringing them back to life soon
hope to share more ideas here soon !

Nice to hear from you non the less. Sometimes life gets in the way Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southern Tractor's OFFROAD MURRAY!   Southern Tractor's OFFROAD MURRAY! - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Southern Tractor's OFFROAD MURRAY!
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7