All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - 10/7/2017 @ 8:00pm EST .
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off ends just over a month! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
Be sure your build threads are updated and your build meets "finished" qualification rules!!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!
We now have a Discord chat server! Contact Doug for an invite link!

Share | 

Murray Mudder

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Murrayman
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Murray Mudder   Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:02 pm

I just got a Murray wide body and i have a couple of questions. Im going to put twin stacks on it that are 2 inches in diameter 1 inch coming out of the motor and i was wondering if there will be too much or too little backpressure also if anyone know i would like to know how much speed i could get if i had two 5 inch pullies? some of the thing i have already done to it are a front bumper, lights, and a gas edal and some other things im going to do are get some kenda bear claws for the rear and make a rear bumper alo and im not sure yet but i mihgt get a winch. I will post some pictures also.
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Murray Mudder   Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:19 pm

If you've got a decent length of 1" pipe off the motor you should be fine. With 2 5" pulleys you'll have a 1:1 pulley ratio. That should give you some good speed, in my experience, I'd say 30 kmh would be a rough guess, depending on tire size and governor / no governor.
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Murray Mudder   Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:30 am

Get the bearclaws! Awesome tyres.

For the exhaust, get a couple of those small canister mufflers. The dont lower the sound too much, give it plenty back pressure, and I think they sound better than straight pipes IMO>
1:1 will get you about 20mph, some ration Im using cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/csakvids
Ford Boi
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Murray Mudder   Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:37 am

@Chunk wrote:
Get the bearclaws! Awesome tyres.

For the exhaust, get a couple of those small canister mufflers. The dont lower the sound too much, give it plenty back pressure, and I think they sound better than straight pipes IMO>
1:1 will get you about 20mph, some ration Im using cheers

I agree on the muffler, strait pipe = too much backfiring ...
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Grand Master
Grand Master

PostSubject: Re: Murray Mudder   Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:11 pm

What kind of speed are you looking for? Too fast and you cant mud with it ( too unstable- specially if its raised higher then stock) .

Id say under 20mph is best for mudding- any faster, then leave it for hot rodders and racers.

Thats a decent tractor to mod out with the c channel frame .
Back to top Go down
Murrayman
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Murray Mudder   Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:50 pm

I finally got the pullies and belt on. . . im deffinately not getting 20 miles an hour but probably around 15 and i have very good take off should be gettin the tires and stacks this weekend so she should be all done pretty soon will post some pics when its finished.
Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Murray Mudder   Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:22 pm

@Murrayman wrote:
I finally got the pullies and belt on. . . im deffinately not getting 20 miles an hour but probably around 15 and i have very good take off should be gettin the tires and stacks this weekend so she should be all done pretty soon will post some pics when its finished.

Do you have a youtube account?
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Murray Mudder   Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:02 am

@Murrayman wrote:

What size are you rear tyres?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/csakvids
Murrayman
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: Murray Mudder   Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:47 pm

I know this thread is very very old but i figured since im now on again that i would update a little bit. Since i haven't been on the site i have finished my stacks that i made with 1 and 2 inch piping and 2 little canister mufflers they work mint i just screw the stack in to the threaded elbow and im off. Also the tires are 22". HEre are some recent-ish pictures:
This one is mostly just to show the stacks.

This one is of the rain caps that are always necessary when you have stacks!

And last but not least this is showing my tractor the day i thought it would be fun to haul my boat aroun and what a great job it did!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Murray Mudder   

Back to top Go down

Murray Mudder
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1