All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

5/8" front spindle and 3/4" rear axle wheel swap?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
davets

SWAP - 5/8" front spindle and 3/4" rear axle wheel swap? Empty
PostSubject: 5/8" front spindle and 3/4" rear axle wheel swap?   SWAP - 5/8" front spindle and 3/4" rear axle wheel swap? Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2013, 10:07 pm

Hey all. I see many of you are swapping the larger rear wheels onto the fronts. My front spindles are 5/8" but my rear axle is 3/4". I've got 8" diameter rims in the back with 20"x8x8 tires. My fronts are 6" diameter rims with 15x6x6 tires. Can I swap larger rims onto the front with the use of a 5/8" wheel bushing if they're even available? My goal is to get relatively similar size tires front and back since it's going to get a Jeep body. If I have to run 18" tires in the rear I will. Thanks, Dave.
Back to top Go down
dked41
dked41

SWAP - 5/8" front spindle and 3/4" rear axle wheel swap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5/8" front spindle and 3/4" rear axle wheel swap?   SWAP - 5/8" front spindle and 3/4" rear axle wheel swap? Icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2013, 11:49 am

You could use bushings to mount the rear hubs on the front. My only concern would be, if the 5/8 spindle is strong enough to use, without bending it under load.
Back to top Go down

5/8" front spindle and 3/4" rear axle wheel swap?
Page 1 of 1