All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

These tires on this tractor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MowKartEnvy

tires - These tires on this tractor Empty
PostSubject: These tires on this tractor   tires - These tires on this tractor Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2013, 1:57 pm

https://servimg.com/view/18602723/7
2 - 26 x 8r12 and 2 -26 x 10r12 - 4 wheel drive quad tires

https://servimg.com/view/18602723/4
Has Peerless 2300 series cast iron 4sp w side mount pulley and an 18hp Briggs oppy vertical. The nice thing is I could easily go horizontal shaft since the axle is already set up. Planning a pulley swap and already have a few to choose from. I want some decent speed/torque combo for romping and work detail. Nothing major for weight since I've got my Suburban 12 for that. Looking for thoughts and opinions. I have plenty of welding and fab skills. I'm considering extending the front axle since I'm expecting clearance issues w the front tires. Front axle and spindles will be beefed up for abuse and because I build everything overkill. The frame will also be stiffened and braced with front/rear bumpers added. Clutch is on the right side,so a separate brake will be placed on the left and a hand throttle used.
Back to top Go down
1997 Murray
Veteran Member
1997 Murray
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: These tires on this tractor   tires - These tires on this tractor Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2013, 8:06 pm

that will be a beast! I can't wait to see it built!
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: These tires on this tractor   tires - These tires on this tractor Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2013, 8:20 pm

Maybe make a own project thread of your tractor if you plan on doing stuff to it? Best if its all gathered in one post.

And thats a great tractor base to mod on, especially with the Peerless 2300.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: These tires on this tractor   tires - These tires on this tractor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

These tires on this tractor
Page 1 of 1