All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Belt flipping and slipping. Hey that rhymes!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MoWheeler
MoWheeler

belt - Belt flipping and slipping. Hey that rhymes! Empty
PostSubject: Belt flipping and slipping. Hey that rhymes!   belt - Belt flipping and slipping. Hey that rhymes! Icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2013, 2:39 pm

I Have my rig pulley swaped with a 5 or 6 on front and a slitghtly larger on the trans. Then i used one of the million belts i had laying around and it worked perfect. Then it started falling off and what not so i realigned all the pulleys and this came out to spacing the trans about a half inch to lower the pulley and doing that to the clutch pulleys as well. engine pulley is almost touching the frame. I took it out for a cruise and the belt slips like crazy. My dif is welded and in first gear it cannot break the tires lose in mud its slipping that bad. The belt is tight and has plenty of tension. Is it just a worn out belt?
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: Belt flipping and slipping. Hey that rhymes!   belt - Belt flipping and slipping. Hey that rhymes! Icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2013, 3:40 pm

Check pulleys for alignment my measuring distance off pan, or using a straightedge. Ensure that none of them are cocked on an angle.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Belt flipping and slipping. Hey that rhymes!   belt - Belt flipping and slipping. Hey that rhymes! Icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2013, 3:57 pm

Doc Sprocket wrote:
Check pulleys for alignment my measuring distance off pan, or using a straightedge. Ensure that none of them are cocked on an angle.
"cocked" you put that there on purpose. LOL
Back to top Go down
MoWheeler
MoWheeler

PostSubject: Re: Belt flipping and slipping. Hey that rhymes!   belt - Belt flipping and slipping. Hey that rhymes! Icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2013, 4:25 pm

I had belt that was ablout an inch or so longer and put it on and used my adjustable idler to take the slack out WOW. It has never driven this good EVER. I wanted to see if I could even get it to slip with a 5th gear hi reve clutch drop.. NOPE! just a wheel stand. Thanks for the help guys im off to romp!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Belt flipping and slipping. Hey that rhymes!   belt - Belt flipping and slipping. Hey that rhymes! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Belt flipping and slipping. Hey that rhymes!
Page 1 of 1