All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

need help wiring a 14 hp briggs to a old 70s dynamark

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
montemuscle7779

dynamark - need help wiring a 14 hp briggs to a old 70s dynamark Empty
PostSubject: need help wiring a 14 hp briggs to a old 70s dynamark   dynamark - need help wiring a 14 hp briggs to a old 70s dynamark Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2013, 3:33 pm

currently working on a old dynamark and did a engine swap from the old 11hp briggs to a 14hp briggs I/C the engine swaped nicely and bolted in great, but now I have to wire it up and need a lil advice. the new engine has the a carb solinod and i cant figure out where to run it, also the old wiring has a fuse inline from the battery to the key switch and when the fuse is in it drains the battery, so can i do away with that? would it be easer to put a push botton in. any help would be great thanks.
Back to top Go down
k2500life
Veteran Member
k2500life
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: need help wiring a 14 hp briggs to a old 70s dynamark   dynamark - need help wiring a 14 hp briggs to a old 70s dynamark Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2013, 3:47 pm

For the electric fuel Shutoff thing I usually just put a solid bolt in it they are always a pain abs sounds like your key is bad drawing like that cause whenever I leave my key on it kills the battery
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastdropgarage.com
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: need help wiring a 14 hp briggs to a old 70s dynamark   dynamark - need help wiring a 14 hp briggs to a old 70s dynamark Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2013, 6:19 pm

With regards to the anti-afterfire solenoid, most of us simply clip the end of the needle off and reinstall (without wiring) or replace it altogether with a short bolt. These things can be problematic, and do nothing for you except justify a paycheck in some EPA office.

The battery draining issue may be a bad diode in the alternator wiring harness, or a wiring fault.
Back to top Go down
montemuscle7779

PostSubject: Re: need help wiring a 14 hp briggs to a old 70s dynamark   dynamark - need help wiring a 14 hp briggs to a old 70s dynamark Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2013, 6:26 pm

Doc Sprocket wrote:
With regards to the anti-afterfire solenoid, most of us simply clip the end of the needle off and reinstall (without wiring) or replace it altogether with a short bolt. These things can be problematic, and do nothing for you except justify a paycheck in some EPA office.

The battery draining issue may be a bad diode in the alternator wiring harness, or a wiring fault.
i like that idea thanks for the tips guys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need help wiring a 14 hp briggs to a old 70s dynamark   dynamark - need help wiring a 14 hp briggs to a old 70s dynamark Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need help wiring a 14 hp briggs to a old 70s dynamark
Page 1 of 1