All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - 12/16/2017 @ 8:00pm EST .
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
Voting for the 2017 Build-Off is now a go! Click Here to cast your stone!
The prize list has been finalized! Check out what's up for grabs by clicking here!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!
We now have a Discord chat server! Contact Doug for an invite link!

Share | 

LMM's Rally Mower!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: LMM's Rally Mower!   Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:30 pm

Idk really. It was krylon rattle cans. I think one was deep blue and some kind of Orange. I accidentally used a darker Orange on the seat pan. You can see it in the one picture without the seat on. I'd sooner use the darker Orange anyways, has more contrast with the dark blue.
Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Master
Master

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: LMM's Rally Mower!   Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:07 pm

Got new shift keys and a brandy new shift fan in. Installed the new parts and kept the old shift keys for a backup set because they were still usable, not horrible, but not good either. I mentioned somewhere about the axles being really short on my 820. I hated how the tires sit inside the fenders. When i had it running with the tires like that, it handled horrid because it wasn't as stable with the pivoting front axle. SO, I had gotten some 5-lug hubs from a tractor over the summer. I had these sitting in my trailer all summer next to my 1" axle that I was going to use someday. I thought about putting the hubs on the transaxle and getting 8" 5-lug rims, this would space the tires out a little bit. I hobbled up to my trailer with my walker in the snow to find that my hubs aren't in there anymore. They have been in there all summer, and were in there on 12/09/14 when I reorganized my trailer (picture proof). And I am pretty sure I saw them in there closer to my accident. But they aren't there now. Nobody down at the shop goes in my trailer but me, and when they do they don't usually take anything without telling me. Everyone is telling me that I lost them, but I didn't need them anytime between 12/09/14 and now so why would I have taken them out of my trailer? So, I am waiting to find those hubs. I am also waiting on some grease for my transaxle, I found some cool stuff that is like really runny grease, but isn't oil. Then I will have to tell my dad I love him and beg him to put my transaxle back in my rig so I can ride it when I am allowed to again... Razz Nah prolly not. Buddy there already stripped out my front tranny mount after I told him to put it in finger tight and I will tighten it down... He had the smart idea to tighten it down for me and stripped it out ffs. Then he told me it was my fault for some reason...
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: LMM's Rally Mower!   Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:07 pm

Yep, all 820s are 2" shorter then the long axle'd mst's and 930s. Inconvient over here too.
Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: LMM's Rally Mower!   Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:47 pm

@redlinemotorsportts wrote:
Yep, all 820s are 2" shorter then the long axle'd mst's and 930s. Inconvient over here too.

Yeah, I read over on heymow that you can get longer axles.. But they apparently aren't very common on most 820's, and I don't feel like spending the extra money..
Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: LMM's Rally Mower!   Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:18 pm

UPDATE,

Still sitting in the trailer, hasn't been started since late February. Need parts to be able to drive it. Hopefully can get back to this in December where I left off last year on the build. Hope to be able to drive it in the snow this year because I wasn't able to drive in the snow for the past two years... yeah I KNOW TWO YEARS. So I need to find rims and get tires mounted. Also need to find out why my 820 whines so loud. Probably going to run some Lucas gearbox oil in it with a vent hose. Also may be redoing the shifter to a fender shifter, or just take it apart and rebuild the linkage with less slop.
Back to top Go down
kawasaki220
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: LMM's Rally Mower!   Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:31 am

for the 820 id clean the grease out and run oil, I did that to my 920 and it stoped winning
Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: LMM's Rally Mower!   Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:16 pm

Yeah, Just ordered around $200 worth of klx engine parts (with about $200 more to order before she runs). I remember the old days, when I would complain of having to spend $50 on lawn tractor parts. HAHA those were the old days lol.
Back to top Go down
kawasaki220
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: LMM's Rally Mower!   Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:39 am

haha yeh your telling me lol im about to spend 300$ on my cr80
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 14