All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Next Chat Event - 10/7/2017 @ 8:00pm EST .
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
ATTENTION!! - The 2017 ATLTF Build-Off ends in two months! Click Here to view qualification rules, and Click Here to view entry instructions!
The new 2017 ATLTF stickers are in! View them here, and order yours while they're hot!
We now have a Discord chat server! Contact Doug for an invite link!

Share | 

What year is this? and what do you know about it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Craftsman1998
Expert
Expert

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: What year is this? and what do you know about it?   Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:12 pm

Does any one know what year this tractor is. I know its a ford and it has a briggs engine but i don't know anything else.
My guess is its a 1968. Please help
Back to top Go down
slim67
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: What year is this? and what do you know about it?   Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:17 pm

i know Jacobsen made some of the Ford lawn and garden tractors so that may help you to determine year, assuming that one is a Jacobsen.
Back to top Go down
Craftsman1998
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: What year is this? and what do you know about it?   Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:20 pm

Thanks for that tip
Back to top Go down
Craftsman1998
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: What year is this? and what do you know about it?   Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:23 pm

Jacobsons used kohlers and this one has a briggs. so its not a jacobson and the motor is the same color as the tractor and nothing looks messed with so i don't think the motors were swapped
Back to top Go down
slim67
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

PostSubject: Re: What year is this? and what do you know about it?   Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:47 am

it does look like a bit of an oddball. Could it be an older Gilson? Could that be a big B&S engine?
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 9

PostSubject: Re: What year is this? and what do you know about it?   Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:19 am

Looking at the first picture with the hood open- down by the left hand hood hinge... Is that a data plate I see?

As far as engine, etc- with something THAT old, never assume everything is original. It PROBABLY is, but you cannot count on it. Plus, we have seen examples of tractor manufacturers offering different engines based on model designation. Craftsmans are a good example of this- Briggs in some, Kohlers in others, with the same approximate age- just different models.

Put down the wrench, and come out with your hands up!-Doc "Tranny Crusher" Sprocket, ATLTF Forum Admin, Thinkerer and Tinkerer, and all-around good dood. Wink

Gen. Mayhem- http://www.atltf.com/t2597-general-mayhem-race-tractor
MULE- http://www.atltf.com/t2153-lawn-boy-utltv
MULEII- http://www.atltf.com/t3328-1970-john-deere-112-the-beginnings-of-mule-ii
MULEIII http://www.atltf.com/t4263-mule3-brainstorming-ideas-etc#58287
Wrench, Wheel, Wreck, Repeat...
Back to top Go down
Craftsman1998
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: What year is this? and what do you know about it?   Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:30 pm

yea it is an oddball tractor
Back to top Go down
Craftsman1998
Expert
Expert

PostSubject: Re: What year is this? and what do you know about it?   Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:57 am

Ok guys sorry if im bringing back a dead topic in the forum but this is helpful Information. I found out what my Dads tractor is Its a Magna not a ford
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Grand Master
Grand Master

Forum Rep : 25

PostSubject: Re: What year is this? and what do you know about it?   Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:51 pm

http://asecc.com/data/   Info about model years ect. of engines.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=106300    Thread about similar tractor

Must be in the 60's. Neat old machine. Kind of unique how high the hood is, almost above the steering wheel.
Back to top Go down
T-Dub13
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: What year is this? and what do you know about it?   Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:23 am

I was going to say the steering wheel looks like it dropped a bearing at the bottom of the column or something. It's almost a finger pincher!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What year is this? and what do you know about it?   

Back to top Go down

What year is this? and what do you know about it?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1