All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Lend10PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inDiscordCountdown TimerTHIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Rend10
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!

THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
untrusty huskee
Apprentice
Apprentice
untrusty huskee

Forum Rep : 0

THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Empty
PostSubject: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 8:17 pm

I am using a mtd frame, what I have all ready done to it is, gutted the hole thing and I had split the frame so that it slides back in the back part of the frame so that the motor ( an 8hp for now ) and in time that motor will be a 40 cude, the trans is one from a mtd with a variator so it only has for word and revers, I will be using a ragerlar lawn mower belt clutch. I will be welding a chopper bicycle to the front in turn turning it into a trike.I will be using a 8" pulley on the trans and a 3" on the motor. I will use the rageular brakes that are on the trans, um I will have update videos on my YouTube.com/trevorlc100 . then I am hoping to make this in school at our welding shop. I'm not going to put the variator back in I'm only gunna have for words and revers, I had the idea and its gust for having fun on. I might paint it military green and black and the name is Te Drill Sargent.

Last edited by untrusty huskee on Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:36 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
richie thomas
Expert
Expert
richie thomas

Forum Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 8:25 pm

@untrusty huskee wrote:
I am using a mtd frame, what I have all ready done to it is, gutted the hole thing and I had split the frame so that it slides back in the back part of the frame so that the motor ( an 8hp for now ) and in time that motor will be a 40 cude, the trans is one from a mtd with a variator so it only has for word and revers, I will be using a ragerlar lawn mower belt clutch. I will be welding a chopper bicycle to the front in turn turning it into a trike.I will be using a 8" pully on the trans and a 3" on the motor. I will use the rageular brakes that are on the trans, um I will have update videos on my YouTube.com/trevorlc100 . then I am hoping to make this in school at our welding shop. I'm not going to put the variator back in I'm only gunna have for words and revers, I had the idea and its gust for having fun on. I might paint it military green and black and the name is trike commander.
we're gone need pics

http://www.atltf.com/t3159-richies-mudracer
mini deuce

and my youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/wildpanthercutlery
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
Apprentice
Apprentice
untrusty huskee

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 8:52 pm

heres the frame that i will be using, but i still have to get the chopper

bTHIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Unname13" />ike.
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Administrator
Administrator
Doc Sprocket

Forum Rep : 19

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 9:07 pm

Your sign almost put me into a seizure- and I'm not even epileptic! LOL

Welcome to the build-off. I very strongly urge you to consider better brakes than factory- first, for your own safety, second- you'll have to demonstrate your brakes work to qualify as a finisher for voting.

Put down the wrench, and come out with your hands up!-Doc "Tranny Crusher" Sprocket, ATLTF Forum Admin, Thinkerer and Tinkerer, and all-around good dood. Wink

Gen. Mayhem- http://www.atltf.com/t2597-general-mayhem-race-tractor
MULE- http://www.atltf.com/t2153-lawn-boy-utltv
MULEII- http://www.atltf.com/t3328-1970-john-deere-112-the-beginnings-of-mule-ii
MULEIII http://www.atltf.com/t4263-mule3-brainstorming-ideas-etc#58287
Wrench, Wheel, Wreck, Repeat...
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
Apprentice
Apprentice
untrusty huskee

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 9:16 pm

like i said up above, i will also be posting updates on this project on youtube and the finishing video on here for the final voting, and the video will not only be a demonstration i will also drive it and try to get a top speed run, but thank you for qualifying this build
Back to top Go down
Jedi
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Jedi

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 9:55 pm

This build should be interesting, and if finished, maybe a little bit dangerous.... good luck!
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
Apprentice
Apprentice
untrusty huskee

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 9:59 pm

I'm not really looking for speed on this build, but just something to do and have fun on
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
Thunderdivine

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 12:59 pm

Cool blend, Good Luck!

My Vintage John Deere 110, 1967 model
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
Apprentice
Apprentice
untrusty huskee

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:17 am

heres the mock up of the frame, i will be getting to work on it more real soon

Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
mr.modified

Forum Rep : 65

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 8:37 pm

Nifty idea. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
Apprentice
Apprentice
untrusty huskee

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 9:29 pm

Here's the chopper frame finally!

THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ IMJ_20140125_153400
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
Thunderdivine

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 9:30 pm

@untrusty huskee wrote:
Here's the chopper frame finally!

THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ IMJ_20140125_153400

Where  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
Apprentice
Apprentice
untrusty huskee

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 12:49 pm

Sorry I guess my tablit won't let me upload pictures but here's my update, and what my planes are for it. ( a little bit more indepet )

And here's a picture of what I want the colors seem to look like

THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_6411" />

Then here's a rough mock up of what the build should look like

THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2010" />
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
Thunderdivine

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 4:10 pm

Mock up looks good, the video won't work, says it's private only.

Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
Apprentice
Apprentice
untrusty huskee

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 5:39 pm

now try it, my channel is being real dumb and i cant see why
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
Apprentice
Apprentice
untrusty huskee

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 10:34 pm

I had bolted the frame and the sub frame together and had mounted the running boards

THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2011" />
THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2012" />

Last edited by untrusty huskee on Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
willis923
Expert
Expert
willis923

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 10:39 pm

i cant help but notice your gascan is a bit ferfriggsakesed... i hate those new cans. i drilled a hole in mine, fished a valve stem through it, so i just undo the cap and it freeflows

-1999 Ford F-350 Superduty 4x4 7.3 Powerstroke

Lt wrote:
Feel free to try... Dont let anything but fear and common sense stop you. 

THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Pbucket

Chat moderator

1st Lieutenant, Volunteer Firefighter, EMT-B, Galway Vol Fire co. Galway NY
Back to top Go down
1997 Murray
Expert
Expert
1997 Murray

PostSubject: mtd trike..... the commanding trike ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 10:36 am

"running birds"? autocorrect? lol looking good.
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
Apprentice
Apprentice
untrusty huskee

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 12:12 pm

i had finally got the frame and everything else at my school, and now i will be uploading pics when i will have his class next. and im hoping that he will let me do a video update.
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
Apprentice
Apprentice
untrusty huskee

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 5:01 pm

Can any body tell me what kind of trans this it
THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2016" />
THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2018" />
THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2026" />
I had looked it over and I could not find any markings no tags no nothing all I know is that its a 5 speed. Here's my vid of it.

Last edited by untrusty huskee on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

Forum Rep : 3

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 5:06 pm

800 series (like a 801 or along the lines)

whos mans is this
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
Apprentice
Apprentice
untrusty huskee

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 5:13 pm

Started cutting the chopper frame. Actually its all cut but I ha e to take a picture of it later. Then I had cut the mtd frame flush with a plasma cutter.

THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2020" />
THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2021" />
THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2022" />
THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2024" />
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
Apprentice
Apprentice
untrusty huskee

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 9:54 pm

I had got new lights for this, I had wanted to get these along time ago.... And I think they will look cool on the front forks.
THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ <a href=THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Fb_img10" />
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
Apprentice
Apprentice
untrusty huskee

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 9:21 pm

Pic of the cut chopper frame,

[img]THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2027[/img]

And here is the chopper frame just sitting under the mtd,

[img]THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2028[/img]

Then I had took an old school desk and made it into my seat,

[img]THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2029[/img]
[img]THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Img_2030[/img]
Back to top Go down
untrusty huskee
Apprentice
Apprentice
untrusty huskee

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 5:39 pm

A quick YouTube video

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™   THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THIS BUILD IS FINISHED: mtd trike..... The Drill Sargent ™
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next