All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off is almost HALF WAY!! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
The forum is getting a minor face-lift. We hope you like it. Details here: Facelifting the Forum

Share | 

Keicarshop Superchargers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
supercharger
Vendor
Vendor

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Keicarshop Superchargers   Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:11 pm

https://www.youtube.com/user/jverban/videos

John here, im in australia and design/supply/produce small engine parts such as superchargers/turbochargers/pulleys etc.
Just got my hands on a 14hp briggs vtwin which i plan to use for producing some performance parts.
I see that they are pretty popular in USA and do some crazy things with these type of engines.
We dont see too many of these engines here and would like to know if the 14hp vtwin shares the same intake manifold with
other larger units?. Also, are vertical shaft engines as popular as the horizontal ones?.

www.keicarshop.com
Back to top Go down
T-Dub13
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Keicarshop Superchargers   Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:02 pm

Hi John. Welcome to ATLTF. The Horizontal shaft motors are more pupular with karters and high speed Tractor guys. The vertical shaft motors are more popular with tractors and guys like us on here.

I don't know about the 14hp twin. I'm a 12hp flatty guy only so far.  Cool 
Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Master
Master

PostSubject: Re: Keicarshop Superchargers   Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:05 pm

To find out about the intake, I would go to a parts look-up for briggs motors and enter your model number then look at a diagram for another briggs and see if the part numbers match.
Back to top Go down
TroyBilt Pony
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Keicarshop Superchargers   Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:13 pm

@T-Dub13 wrote:
Hi John.  Welcome to ATLTF.  The Horizontal shaft motors are more pupular with karters and high speed Tractor guys.  The vertical shaft motors are more popular with tractors and guys like us on here.

I don't know about the 14hp twin.  I'm a 12hp flatty guy only so far.   Cool 
Not true, verticals are extremely common in racing. Horizontals are pretty common here...

Why not look into a turbo, seems to be much easier to hook up.
Back to top Go down
T-Dub13
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Keicarshop Superchargers   Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:18 pm

Yeah now that I think about it your way lol. But I haven't seen horizontals do any real high performance on here, just mostly stock.
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Administrator
Administrator

Forum Rep : 10

PostSubject: Re: Keicarshop Superchargers   Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:35 pm

Welcome to ATLTF John. Regardless of what is popular in racing, it is irrelevant, anyhow. I have not heard of a sanctioning body or a racing class that allows forced induction.

If you were to concentrate on an specific architecture, I'd suggest the horizontals. They tend to appear on the more capable tractor designs in stock form, and I am betting you'd have a more receptive audience with them.

Now- since there's not really a lot of difference between similar horizontal and vertical shaft engines, (especially once you remove the governor from the equation), I imagine it wouldn't be hard to adapt from one to the other.

Put down the wrench, and come out with your hands up!-Doc "Tranny Crusher" Sprocket, ATLTF Forum Admin, Thinkerer and Tinkerer, and all-around good dood. Wink

Gen. Mayhem- http://www.atltf.com/t2597-general-mayhem-race-tractor
MULE- http://www.atltf.com/t2153-lawn-boy-utltv
MULEII- http://www.atltf.com/t3328-1970-john-deere-112-the-beginnings-of-mule-ii
MULEIII http://www.atltf.com/t4263-mule3-brainstorming-ideas-etc#58287
Wrench, Wheel, Wreck, Repeat...
Back to top Go down
supercharger
Vendor
Vendor

PostSubject: Re: Keicarshop Superchargers   Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:39 pm

I have 30years experience with both blowers and turbos, i may look at doing turbo but going turbo means more expense. Blowers lot easier to setup for the average diy blokes.
If i do a turbo setup i'll use a IHI RHB31 Z21 turbo and maybe my recently acquired motorcycle efi kit.
I have been talking with my mates in china about retro fiittng carbon seals into some of the smaller turbos for draw-thru carby setups.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Keicarshop Superchargers   Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:06 pm

@supercharger wrote:
I have 30years experience with both blowers and turbos, i may look at doing turbo but going turbo means more expense. Blowers lot easier to setup for the average diy blokes.
If i do a turbo setup i'll use a IHI RHB31 Z21 turbo and maybe my recently acquired motorcycle efi kit.
I have been talking with my mates in china about retro fiittng carbon seals into some of the smaller turbos for draw-thru carby setups.
Look at some snowmobile turbos like polaris and artic cat. they got some great turbos for this, just gotta make manifolds and a oiling system. Probably would help alot if you have pressure lube

ATLTF.com Facebook admin - Forum Mod
whos mans is this
Back to top Go down
Maine Mud Mower
Skilled
Skilled

PostSubject: Re: Keicarshop Superchargers   Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:42 pm

Welcome

This is of a major interest to me and would love to work out a collaboration in the future to help both of us. I run a youtube channel called Redneckcomptergeek (2nd largest mud mower channel on youtube)
https://www.youtube.com/user/redneckcomputergeak

The old school will tell you flat heads are the thing. To be fare they are great engines but they are dieing off this is why i run 15.5 or better ohv's but am soon to switch to a newer intek because this is were the market is going.

the secound thing i would like to point out is most of us stick to singles because they are cheaper and weigh less. Many of the guys that run 18 twins and vtwins have problems with the weight driving the front tires down.

I'm normally only on this forum a few times a weak so feel free to PM me if you have a question or need help with an idea or part info.

Sincerely
Fellow good old boy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Mudmower.com
Moose
Master
Master

Forum Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Keicarshop Superchargers   Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:37 pm

My uncle always said if you build it they will come :V I think if you build a supercharged briggs and do like a little how to video series people will see it and think "wow I need one" :p thats usually the way it goes on here lol
Back to top Go down
supercharger
Vendor
Vendor

PostSubject: Re: Keicarshop Superchargers   Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6yuZukrJ6I

Will upload futher videos here,
Maybe a twincharge briggs Idea
Back to top Go down
supercharger
Vendor
Vendor

PostSubject: Re: Keicarshop Superchargers   Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:20 pm

Just picked up one of these cheap, what other models have similar engines?

Back to top Go down
mrkadage
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Keicarshop Superchargers   Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:56 am

HEY HEY!!!! Another aussie Smile welcome mate, where are you from?
Back to top Go down
supercharger
Vendor
Vendor

PostSubject: Re: Keicarshop Superchargers   Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:02 am

Back to top Go down
mrkadage
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Keicarshop Superchargers   Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:07 am

nice, I've been toying with the whole idea of supercharging but know one seems to know how lol. whats your plans for the original motor on you old tractor?
Back to top Go down
Lawren Wimberly
Veteran
Veteran

Forum Rep : 7

PostSubject: Re: Keicarshop Superchargers   Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:09 am

Oh there are some here that know HOW. Mowbandit has actually built a supercharged oppy. I've huffed and blown a LOT of cars over the years. The problem is money. Most of the kids on here can't swing that kinda credit bat. I could afford one if I didn't feed the critters for a month... LOL

Tech Manual mod, If ya need it, and cant find it... Just ask.... Pm if I'm not on line
Back to top Go down
mrkadage
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Keicarshop Superchargers   Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:24 pm

@Lawren Wimberly wrote:
Oh there are some here that know HOW. Mowbandit has actually built a supercharged oppy. I've huffed and blown a LOT of cars over the years. The problem is money. Most of the kids on here can't swing that kinda credit bat. I could afford one if I didn't feed the critters for a month... LOL

I rectract my last statment hahahaha.
Back to top Go down
TroyBilt Pony
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Keicarshop Superchargers   Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:31 pm

You could build a honda gx200 turbo or supercharger which might appeal to the entire go kart community
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keicarshop Superchargers   

Back to top Go down

Keicarshop Superchargers
Page 1 of 1