All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

My Ford Monster Build

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

Ford - My Ford Monster Build Empty
PostSubject: My Ford Monster Build   Ford - My Ford Monster Build Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2014, 11:40 am

So here's the plan for this thing, it's gunna be lifted, made 4x4 with a 4 speed Ford tranny married to a 205 transfer case, driven by a 18hp Kohler Magnum Oppy, and it'll have Dana 44's and 35" truck tires. It wont be obnoxiously lifted, just enough to clear the tires.

Last edited by craftsmancole on April 24th 2014, 5:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
partin_us_99

PostSubject: Re: My Ford Monster Build   Ford - My Ford Monster Build Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2014, 11:47 am

I think it'll look good. I always have liked that craftsman monster. Ive also seen ome build where they used samurai axles shortened width and a tcase idk what the t case was.
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: My Ford Monster Build   Ford - My Ford Monster Build Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2014, 11:52 am

It's gunna be fun to engineer but i can get all the parts soon, the tranny/transfer case costs $300 so i have to buy that after i sell the craftsman to a drunk biker during Bike Week lol.
Back to top Go down
partin_us_99

PostSubject: Re: My Ford Monster Build   Ford - My Ford Monster Build Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2014, 12:02 pm

Ah it shouldnt be too bad. Search on Craigslist and car-part.com. Im sure u can find a used one for way less than 300.
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: My Ford Monster Build   Ford - My Ford Monster Build Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 5:50 pm

Well of course my first plans on a build are always too much for me to handle, I dont have money, I'm not building this mower like I said before. I am going to put it on fairly big tires, probably some 30" Interco Interforces, build some good looking bumpers, repower it with a 25 horse Kohler twin, Peerless 820, like 24s or 25s in the front, radio, winch, re-do the fenders to give it more of a tractor look, independent front suspension, maybe if I feel like building it homemade cv axles to make it take stress off the 820 with independent in the rear, and a quality Ford tractor seat!
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: My Ford Monster Build   Ford - My Ford Monster Build Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 6:11 pm

Hmm. I think what you need is one running tractor and work on this ford, don't rush it, you got a lot of time to wait for money and make it how you really want it. And then have that other mower for when you have riding withdraws.
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: My Ford Monster Build   Ford - My Ford Monster Build Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 6:35 pm

I've been thinking about it and this is how I want to build it, I was drawing after a test and started drawing a bumper, and ended up with a awesome looking mower that turned out to be my Ford! I was trying to draw a sears at first lol. Here's the picture
[img]Ford - My Ford Monster Build Gopr0013[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Ford Monster Build   Ford - My Ford Monster Build Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Ford Monster Build
Page 1 of 1