All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

New off road tractor build

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Canadian muddin

New off road tractor build Empty
PostSubject: New off road tractor build   New off road tractor build Icon_minitimeThu 27 Mar 2014, 9:28 pm

I will be getting a tractor this weekend for free and its going to be my mudding tractor. i just wanna know what i should do to it to the tractor to get it mud ready? thanks
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: New off road tractor build   New off road tractor build Icon_minitimeFri 28 Mar 2014, 5:56 am

There are a lot of very good examples in this forum- I suggest you do some window shopping for ideas!

Meantime- what you do to yours is a function of budget, resources, tools, and skills. A good start would be some better tires, locking the differential, and such.

Be sure to post up some pics of your machine!

Speaking of which (getting machines, and our weather comments in your intro thread)- I had a guy contact me recently, offering up a tractor that he's got in his barn- BUT I can't have it until the dang ice melts enough for him to get the door open! How frustrating is that??? His memory is a little dusty, but he seems to think it might be an International. Tease. LOL
Back to top Go down
Canadian muddin

PostSubject: Re: New off road tractor build   New off road tractor build Icon_minitimeFri 28 Mar 2014, 6:34 am

Thanks for the help and do you call your tractor the mule? I've seen a video on YouTube and I was wondering if it was yours?
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: New off road tractor build   New off road tractor build Icon_minitimeFri 28 Mar 2014, 6:42 am

Yessir. MULE is my '89 Lawn Boy LT12, and MULEII (which I have just started) is my 1970 John Deere 112. In fact- right now you'll find MULEII playing dead on the cover banner of the forum right now... LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New off road tractor build   New off road tractor build Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New off road tractor build
Page 1 of 1