All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

4 pin solenoid wiring diagram?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TokyoDrift99
TokyoDrift99

diagram - 4 pin solenoid wiring diagram? Empty
PostSubject: 4 pin solenoid wiring diagram?   diagram - 4 pin solenoid wiring diagram? Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2014, 10:05 pm

I replaced my solenoid going from a 3pin to a 4pin one, and I can't tell how to wire it. Any help would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: 4 pin solenoid wiring diagram?   diagram - 4 pin solenoid wiring diagram? Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2014, 8:00 am

Short of actually seeing it, I can give you a verbal. The two big terminals are the high current ones. Connect one to the battery, the other tho the big lug on the starter. Of the small terminals, one gets grounded (chassis) the other goes to the start terminal on the key switch or start button or whatever you have. Basically, you complete the circuit on the small terminals, which pulls the plunger and connects the large ones together. USUALLY it doesn't matter which big terminal is which, or which small terminal is which.

JB_4x4 likes this post

Back to top Go down
TokyoDrift99
TokyoDrift99

PostSubject: Re: 4 pin solenoid wiring diagram?   diagram - 4 pin solenoid wiring diagram? Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2014, 10:20 am

Thanks, now I'm pretty sure my key switch is messed up, but I'll play around with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 pin solenoid wiring diagram?   diagram - 4 pin solenoid wiring diagram? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4 pin solenoid wiring diagram?
Page 1 of 1