All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

wheel - Lower steering wheel? Lend10PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inDiscordCountdown Timerwheel - Lower steering wheel? Rend10
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!
Haspin Acres Rally 2019 June 5th - 9th... Join this growing event! Details Here!
2019 Top Tractor Challenge! Aug 17th and 18th! DETAILS HERE!

Lower steering wheel?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
noledroByrreK
Skilled
Skilled
noledroByrreK

Forum Rep : 0

wheel - Lower steering wheel? Empty
PostSubject: Lower steering wheel?   wheel - Lower steering wheel? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 3:51 pm

does anyone know a simple/cheap way to lower the steering wheel. and also so easy/cheap(if thats possible) way to do direct steering? i need like a list of parts cuz i can figure it out by looking at pics:(

wheel - Lower steering wheel? Photo032
want it to come out bout where the red dot is

Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/noledroByrreK?feature=mhum
dangeroustoys56
Grand Master
Grand Master
dangeroustoys56

PostSubject: Re: Lower steering wheel?   wheel - Lower steering wheel? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 4:25 pm

If youre moving the steering wheel- might as well go the extra mile and go direct steering - i dont think the stock steering gears would let it sit back that far- then youd need some sort of bushing/bering to hold the wheel in the new place- since its a steel dash, you should be able to bolt it right to the dash , but id put extra bolts or weld the dash onto the chassis.
Back to top Go down
noledroByrreK
Skilled
Skilled
noledroByrreK

PostSubject: Re: Lower steering wheel?   wheel - Lower steering wheel? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 5:51 pm

could you explain exactly what i would need and how to do it to do direct steering? or send me a link of some good instructions? i Googled it but didn't find much but i didnt look for long
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Grand Master
Grand Master
dangeroustoys56

PostSubject: Re: Lower steering wheel?   wheel - Lower steering wheel? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:35 am

how about this:
wheel - Lower steering wheel? 25783110
Back to top Go down
noledroByrreK
Skilled
Skilled
noledroByrreK

PostSubject: Re: Lower steering wheel?   wheel - Lower steering wheel? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:53 am

thanks

wheel - Lower steering wheel? 25783110
what are the things called in the red?
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Grand Master
Grand Master
dangeroustoys56

PostSubject: Re: Lower steering wheel?   wheel - Lower steering wheel? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:57 am

Its similar to a tie rod or steering link - its a solid core rod with adjustable hiem joints on the end - so it can flex and make easy adjustments ( if it steers too far to the left and not the right- then it can be tweeked to steer more to the right).
Back to top Go down
noledroByrreK
Skilled
Skilled
noledroByrreK

PostSubject: Re: Lower steering wheel?   wheel - Lower steering wheel? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:17 pm

do u happen to know a website where i can find some?
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Grand Master
Grand Master
dangeroustoys56

PostSubject: Re: Lower steering wheel?   wheel - Lower steering wheel? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 6:25 am

I bot a couple tie rod assemblies from northern tools designed for go karts- im gonna try them, but i might upgrade to something bigger/stronger . Id say try your local farm and family center ( TSC) - they have all kinds of stuff .
Back to top Go down
Yamaharules163
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yamaharules163

PostSubject: Re: Lower steering wheel?   wheel - Lower steering wheel? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:24 pm

is this a off road machine or a "racing" mower. if its off road, this setup isnt worth it. You will have no steering torque if you get what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lower steering wheel?   wheel - Lower steering wheel? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lower steering wheel?
Page 1 of 1