All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!
 
PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inCountdown Timer
Swing by the Chatroom anytime! Chat events held every Saturday, 8pm EST - whenever!
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
The 2018 Build Off is almost HALF WAY!! Click Here to view 2017 results!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
The forum is getting a minor face-lift. We hope you like it. Details here: Facelifting the Forum

Share | 
 

 One quick question

Go down 
AuthorMessage
boss4457
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie


Join date : 2014-05-12
Posts : 7
Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: One quick question    Tue May 27, 2014 11:21 pm

So if I can't change the pulley in the rear end.Should I change the pulley on the motor to a bigger one or smaller for more speed.Thanks  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
willis923
Expert
Expert
avatar

Age : 21
Join date : 2013-04-10
Posts : 1408
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Galway NY

PostSubject: Re: One quick question    Tue May 27, 2014 11:32 pm

bigger in the front will give you more speed

_______________________________________________
-1974 bolens 1055 (Rolling Thunder)
-1989 Craftsman GT6000 (Blockhead)
-2004 Ford F-250 super duty FX4
-1999 Ford F-350 Superduty 4x4 7.3 Powerstroke


Lt wrote:
Feel free to try... Dont let anything but fear and common sense stop you. 




Chat moderator

1st Lieutenant, Volunteer Firefighter, EMT-B, Galway Vol Fire co. Galway NY
Back to top Go down
kawasaki220
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Age : 17
Join date : 2014-01-22
Posts : 546
Forum Rep : 0
Location : north carolina

PostSubject: Re: One quick question    Wed May 28, 2014 8:52 am

if you want more power put a smaller pulley but it will make it slower
big pulley fast
small pulley slow
Back to top Go down
kawasaki220
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Age : 17
Join date : 2014-01-22
Posts : 546
Forum Rep : 0
Location : north carolina

PostSubject: Re: One quick question    Wed May 28, 2014 1:57 pm

if u cant get that pulley of u can put bigger tires on the rear and it will go faster
Back to top Go down
willis923
Expert
Expert
avatar

Age : 21
Join date : 2013-04-10
Posts : 1408
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Galway NY

PostSubject: Re: One quick question    Wed May 28, 2014 3:55 pm

@kawasaki220 wrote:
if you want more power put a smaller pulley but it will make it slower
big pulley fast
small pulley slow

youre incorrect. a big to a small will give alot of speed, but a small to a big will give low speed and high torque. you gotta take the ratios into consideration

_______________________________________________
-1974 bolens 1055 (Rolling Thunder)
-1989 Craftsman GT6000 (Blockhead)
-2004 Ford F-250 super duty FX4
-1999 Ford F-350 Superduty 4x4 7.3 Powerstroke


Lt wrote:
Feel free to try... Dont let anything but fear and common sense stop you. 




Chat moderator

1st Lieutenant, Volunteer Firefighter, EMT-B, Galway Vol Fire co. Galway NY
Back to top Go down
Angchor
Skilled
Skilled
avatar

Age : 61
Join date : 2014-04-14
Posts : 491
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Index, Washington

PostSubject: Re: One quick question    Wed May 28, 2014 5:29 pm

@willis923 wrote:
@kawasaki220 wrote:
if you want more power put a smaller pulley but it will make it slower
big pulley fast
small pulley slow

youre incorrect. a big to a small will give alot of speed, but a small to a big will give low speed and high torque. you gotta take the ratios into consideration
I think you both said the same thing. Wink
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Age : 19
Join date : 2013-04-05
Posts : 662
Forum Rep : 1
Location : Near Daytona Beach,Fl

PostSubject: Re: One quick question    Thu May 29, 2014 10:16 am

Have you tried heating the transaxle pulley up to loosen it up?
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
avatar

Join date : 2012-12-21
Posts : 2098
Forum Rep : 0
Location : Norway, Europe

PostSubject: Re: One quick question    Fri May 30, 2014 11:14 am

@boss4457 wrote:
So if I can't change the pulley in the rear end.
Should I change the pulley on the motor to a bigger one or smaller for more speed.Thanks  Very Happy 

Bigger

_______________________________________________
*Thunderdivine*
My Custom Racing Mower Build
JD210R - Racing Mower, Sidebuild
My Vintage John Deere 110, 1967 model
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: One quick question    

Back to top Go down
 
One quick question
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Hi guy's a quick question? - The Macquarie River
» Quick question about Nike Elite Jersey sizing.
» Quick question
» quick quiz question
» Pulley Question

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Technical Forum :: Drivetrain & Brake Tech :: General Drivetrain Topics-
Jump to: